Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove / De-badge side "RAM" and or Cummins ?

el_barto

Reaction score
I just did yesterday.
Is the tailgate debossed where the logo goes? Is the original logo just held on by adhesive or does it have bolts? I have a power Wagon with the giant RAM letters... considering debadging, maybe putting the oem rams head emblem on instead.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I read that there are holes behind the giant letters. They probably did that to discourage people taking them off since the whole design was meant to scream it in your face. Verify before you pull them.

Frank

Reaction score
If you look up a replacement tailgate for your exact truck, you will have a pretty good idea of what's back there since they come bare and unpainted.

04KAT600

Reaction score
Is the tailgate debossed where the logo goes? Is the original logo just held on by adhesive or does it have bolts? I have a power Wagon with the giant RAM letters... considering debadging, maybe putting the oem rams head emblem on instead.

The tailgate is debossed and the logo is held on with adhesive tape plus four clips and two locating pins.

el_barto

Reaction score
The tailgate is debossed and the logo is held on with adhesive tape plus four clips and two locating pins.
Thanks, I guess simply adhering the ram head logo won’t work since it has pins, unless I were to trim them off first.

el_barto

Reaction score
I read that there are holes behind the giant letters. They probably did that to discourage people taking them off since the whole design was meant to scream it in your face. Verify before you pull them.
Hmm I just did a little research I think you’re right. Might just be easier to find a used take off tailgate . Fortunately my truck is white so that should be an easy match lol

mhurlburt1201

Reaction score
Hmm I just did a little research I think you’re right. Might just be easier to find a used take off tailgate . Fortunately my truck is white so that should be an easy match lol
Based on all of the videos I have watched on de-badging or badge replacement on the RAM 2019+, there are only holes behind the hood badges and the RAM emblem in the center of the tailgate. I believe all of the others are just secured via adhesive. Most people removing them with mild heat gun, fishing line and a 3M Stripe off wheel. I have been considering removing all of them and then either going Black on Hood and tailgate emblem or color matching those 3 pieces.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
All badges and stickers removed but hood and rams head in the back

offroad 4x4 sticker came off just by pulling it off the rest were fishing line and eraser wheel will be plasti dipping the hood badge and looking for a Canada flag one for the tailgate or perhaps some other cool emblem

Attachments

• 94B8F273-5F42-4277-9068-5A5A8B2CE598.jpeg
    94B8F273-5F42-4277-9068-5A5A8B2CE598.jpeg
    767.8 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score

offroad 4x4 sticker came off just by pulling it off the rest were fishing line and eraser wheel will be plasti dipping the hood badge and looking for a Canada flag one for the tailgate or perhaps some other cool emblem
Looks so much cleaner debadged!

Will_T

Reaction score
What’s the point of having a Cummins if you can’t show everyone you have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left the Cummins for now though as I sort of like how they look. I debadged the 4X4, and Laramie on the tailgate. Removed the silly Sport decal. Also took off the 3500 on both front doors. Then I Hyperdipped Shadow Black both the tailgate Ram head and the "RAM" on the grill. Also did the chrome mirror tops. I think it looks much better but I think that will be the extent of my appearance upgrades..... For now at least.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
What’s the point of having a Cummins if you can’t show everyone you have one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its none of their concern lol when i delete it they will know what it is by the sound lol

Chris1911

Reaction score

https://ikonicbadges.com/collection...ge®-ram®-tailgate-1500-2500-3500-black-on-red

https://ikonicbadges.com/collection...ge®-ram®-tailgate-1500-2500-3500-red-on-white

https://ikonicbadges.com/collection...ge®-ram®-tailgate-1500-2500-3500-red-on-black

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I debadged the tail gate and sides of my 2020 RAM 3500. As soon as I start it you know it's a Cummins!

Users who are viewing this thread