Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

EEnginerd

Reaction score
Yes, the rf hub that came with your truck. It is mounted on the back wall of the cab. The HDs use the same rf hub no matter what, but the 1500 DTs use a different rf hub for the remote start system. You would be better off buying the DT remote start kit. You would go through with the full install of all the parts, but you leave the new rf hub unplugged. That way, you are able to drive to the dealership. Once your truck is parked where they are going to do the programming, unplug your original rf hub, and plug the new one in.
Excellent. Thank you for the explanation. From what others have posted on delivery dates, I should have my truck in about a month. This will certainly be the first mod. Thanks again for sharing your wealth of knowledge in this thread.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Do the keyfobs from BAM Wholesale come with a battery already installed?

J30

Reaction score
On my 2019 Tradesman 6.7, I installed the remote start myself. I bought a brand new key FOB from another forum member for $75. I already had AlfaOBD and all the stuff i needed for that to tell the truck it had remote start. Then it cost me $80 to have the dealer add the new FOB to the truck.

There's no special hardware required other than a key with the proper buttons. As an added bonus the key i happened to get had the tailgate release button on it, and once the key was programmed to the truck that worked without even having to adjust anything in alfaOBD.
Do I need to activate remote start with alphaobd before having key fob programmed?

pionex_80

Reaction score
Do I need to activate remote start with alphaobd before having key fob programmed?
That is what I did. I set it all up, then took the OEM FOBIKS, and the truck to the dealer, and they did the FOBIK programming. Took the dealer about 45 minutes for both FOBIKS. I have not experienced issues yet and the system seems to work as designed.

wmattert

Reaction score
Just did this with mine as well. Programmed it with AlphaOBD prior to taking it in. They programmed the key and now I have remote start and tailgate release. ***FYI***, previously I had purchased a refurb key from UHS and this would not work. I had to a new key purchased from UHS for it to program. Do not order a used or refurb key as it likely will not work.

dieselbeef

Reaction score
if you have the remote start does it also allow the truck to lock and the engine to continue to run for a set amount of time..like if ya go into a store and wanna leave it running with the ac on and lock the doors....is this possible?

kristof

Reaction score
if you have the remote start does it also allow the truck to lock and the engine to continue to run for a set amount of time..like if ya go into a store and wanna leave it running with the ac on and lock the doors....is this possible?
From what I've been told you should be able to take the fob with you and lock it with fob while it's still running

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

wmattert

Reaction score
if you have the remote start does it also allow the truck to lock and the engine to continue to run for a set amount of time..like if ya go into a store and wanna leave it running with the ac on and lock the doors....is this possible

If you use the remote start the truck has to be locked first before you can use it.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
If you use the remote start the truck has to be locked first before you can use it.
Not necessarily. While locked doors are a requirement for remote start to work, if the truck is unlocked when you press the remote start button twice, the doors will automatically lock themselves and the truck will start. So, you don’t have to go through the separate action of locking the truck first before remote starting.

kristof

Reaction score
PDF installation instructions from CD

Attachments

• K6862967 D2 DJ Remote Start MAR 19.pdf
    451.4 KB · Views: 176

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
Ditto on this. I also bought the refurb key from UHS and they don't work. I am sending back and getting new key. I also picked up a bypass harness from Jimmy and will get in the Alpha and make sure it's all straight before going to dealer.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I’ve edited post #11 to not recommend UHS anymore. Besides, they have raised the price, and it is cheaper to get a new one from bamwholesale mopar parts supplier.

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
I am stuck at the moment because they will only give a credit, so I am sending the refurbs back and getting 1 new one.

kristof

Reaction score
How do I know if I got the refurbished one or a new one from them?

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
2 different prices. The refurbs were 75 and the new was 124. I have not looked but Jimmy said they raised the prices so it might be a little different

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I’ve edited post #11 to not recommend UHS anymore. Besides, they have raised the price, and it is cheaper to get a new one from bamwholesale mopar parts supplier.
Since others were having issues with UHS, I ordered the 5 button from BAM for $110.50 each. Still waiting for them to come in. No one on here has had an issue with BAM. Since they are new OEM and come in Mopar packaging, dealers shouldn't give any pushback.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
2 different prices. The refurbs were 75 and the new was 124. I have not looked but Jimmy said they raised the prices so it might be a little different
Back when I first linked UHS, they were running $95 brand new, and $60 refurbished. But, yeah, now that they’re charging $124 new, there’s no reason to even consider them anymore when mopar parts suppliers are cheaper than that.

kristof

Reaction score
I wonder if people had issues with UHS because they sent the FOB without batteries and BAM fob include battery? Just asking cause my dealer could not program the fob and when I got home I realized it had no battery installed

Users who are viewing this thread