Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

scdaytona

Reaction score
So I Installed the new hood latch with the switch and ran the wires 1 to ground and the other under the dash as per the PDF. Now I am trying to find the connector C1 A on the BCM and I am lost. Based on the image on image 15 , I am not seeing it. On images 16 and 18 I see other connectors like those closer to the floor.
Does anyone have better pictures or is a 2021 Tradesman 2500 different?

krazy302

Reaction score
So I Installed the new hood latch with the switch and ran the wires 1 to ground and the other under the dash as per the PDF. Now I am trying to find the connector C1 A on the BCM and I am lost. Based on the image on image 15 , I am not seeing it. On images 16 and 18 I see other connectors like those closer to the floor.
Does anyone have better pictures or is a 2021 Tradesman 2500 different?
it's the top left plug on the BCM, which is located inside truck to the left of steering column. My truck had an amplifier in front of it which needed to be removed to gain access to the BCM. I unplugged the 3 plugs on top left of the BCM to make it easier to get access to the pins. When you do it make sure you are removing the right pin. The instructions show the plug looking from wire side, not the plug end. Don't ask me how I know..

Attachments

• K6862967 D2 DJ Remote Start MAR 19.pdf
    451.4 KB · Views: 66

scdaytona

Reaction score
OK. I am in the process of removing the AMP. Disconnected the 2 connectors at the bottom and removed 3 of the 4 screws. Ther is no way for me to get to the forth screw as my hands are to big and the tool is too long as well. The brace next to it has no holes in it either. I also tried to see if I can get the bracket out with the AMP and removal of a bolt at the top of the bracket didn't help. I can't see what is holding in the bracket. Any suggestions at this time? I can probably use needle nose vise grips which will take a while and there is no way to get it back in then.

krazy302

Reaction score
OK. I am in the process of removing the AMP. Disconnected the 2 connectors at the bottom and removed 3 of the 4 screws. Ther is no way for me to get to the forth screw as my hands are to big and the tool is too long as well. The brace next to it has no holes in it either. I also tried to see if I can get the bracket out with the AMP and removal of a bolt at the top of the bracket didn't help. I can't see what is holding in the bracket. Any suggestions at this time? I can probably use needle nose vise grips which will take a while and there is no way to get it back in then.
There are 3 screws that hold amp bracket in place.. 1 screw is 10mm Which is at left side of amp near top of amp and then there are 2 more which are 8mm kinda hidden by wiring harness but they head of those two bolts are facing away from you.. once you remove those 3 bolts and wires in amp it should slide down and out.. I removed amp with bracket was only way I could see removing it.

scdaytona

Reaction score
Thanks Krazy302. That helped a bunch. Got it all done and need to get the key fob's programmed now.

Mooreman21

Reaction score
not sure what i did wrong, but my truck never realized that i had installed the hood latch saturday. i changed it with Alfaobd, but it would not work. i used the Micropod at work at lunch time, restored the vehicle configutation..... and it still wouldnt work.

Then i realized that Chrysler has changed the steps since I left the tech world, I found that the remote start has to be "enabled"' did that and now its all good to go

rossagge

Reaction score
Got my new 5 button in. Looks legit enough. Purchased from Chrysler Parts Geeks. Gonna get it programed this week, hopefully.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210516_134350.jpg
    thumbnail_20210516_134350.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 63
  • thumbnail_20210516_134505.jpg
    thumbnail_20210516_134505.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 61
  • thumbnail_20210516_134516.jpg
    thumbnail_20210516_134516.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 61

scdaytona

Reaction score
Went and got the new remotes programmed and the dealer set the XBM code. Now my dash shows hood open and obviously remote won't work. Tailgate button does work now. Tried shorting the 2 pins at the hood switch with no luck. Based on the diagram and showing the wire side, I removed the purple wire at pin 11 and installed the new wire so I am not sure what happened. Will need to pull it apart again and see why it is not making connection.

lyjo

Reaction score
2021 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
Is it possible to Add Remote Start. by purchasing new key fob (with remote start button) and turning on the option using Alfaodb - software
or do I have to buy the aftermarket module

rossagge

Reaction score
My 5 button FOB is available if anyone is interested. Never programed. Just sold my truck! New truck won't have a bed and will come with remote start! (info 3 posts up^)

Last edited:

krazy302

Reaction score
2021 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
Is it possible to Add Remote Start. by purchasing new key fob (with remote start button) and turning on the option using Alfaodb - software
or do I have to buy the aftermarket module
yes it's possible to add it with the new keyfob with remote start button, then you need to activate it with alfaobd.. But you also need to make sure the hood latch has the hood adjar sensor on it. If not you have to add it and the wire for it in the bcm.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My 5 button FOB is available if anyone is interested. Never programed. Just sold my truck! New truck won't have a bed and will come with remote start! (info 3 posts up^)

Please advertise your item for sale with a price in the buy/sell/trade forum.

scdaytona

Reaction score
Went and got the new remotes programmed and the dealer set the XBM code. Now my dash shows hood open and obviously remote won't work. Tailgate button does work now. Tried shorting the 2 pins at the hood switch with no luck. Based on the diagram and showing the wire side, I removed the purple wire at pin 11 and installed the new wire so I am not sure what happened. Will need to pull it apart again and see why it is not making connection.
Went in and fixed the wires to the hood switch. With the hood closed the purple wire going to pin 11 now goes to ground using an ohm meter. Truck still showing hood open. Confirmed operation again and still bad. Tried putting original purple wire back at pin 11 and went to opposite pin. Still fails. Is there possibly a different pin on a 2021 Tradesman 2500? My sales dealer said it would not work in a 2021. HELP!

scdaytona

Reaction score
Went in and fixed the wires to the hood switch. With the hood closed the purple wire going to pin 11 now goes to ground using an ohm meter. Truck still showing hood open. Confirmed operation again and still bad. Tried putting original purple wire back at pin 11 and went to opposite pin. Still fails. Is there possibly a different pin on a 2021 Tradesman 2500? My sales dealer said it would not work in a 2021. HELP!
Truck was programmed by dealer. Tailgate open now works. Horn beeps when I try and remote start it.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Truck was programmed by dealer. Tailgate open now works. Horn beeps when I try and remote start it.

Did the horn beep before?

Could be a good sign. On my buddies 2020 Tradesman it would honk once as if the hood or a door was open and do nothing. After a few drive cycles, it worked like normal. Some things in Alpha take some time to "sink in" for some reason.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Also since you installed a hood latch sensor where none was before, did you enable the hood latch sensor present in Alpha?

scdaytona

Reaction score
Also since you installed a hood latch sensor where none was before, did you enable the hood latch sensor present in Alpha?
I had the dealer set the XBM code. They told me the hood switch was not working which I fixed. Still won't remote start and I do not have the Alpha system. I assumed the dealer checked that. My dash shows the remote start canceled due to hood open.

Users who are viewing this thread