Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Ram911

Reaction score
Now I will try to see if they will put in a STAR ticket with FCA to get it to show up in the APP.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
From reading this thread I now confirmed I was ripped off at the dealer today.
2021 2500 Tradesman 6.7.
I was charged 2 hours time to install the mopar remote start kit. After reading here I realize they did not have to run any wires as I had the hood adjar light on my dash when the hood is open.
So basically I paid $300 for them to add the sales code and program 2 FOBs. I dont think I have any recourse on this?? They also told me I couldnt get the the tailgate FOBs as they wouldnt work on this truck.

Edited to add: None of the push pins under the hood look like they were touched.

Dealers are bad news.
Really? I've never seen a fob with remote start but not the tailgate release...must be something they made specifically for the kit. Jeez manufacturers are getting really cheap now.

rossagge

Reaction score
Really? I've never seen a fob with remote start but not the tailgate release...must be something they made specifically for the kit. Jeez manufacturers are getting really cheap now.
Yep. On the Trademark and BH it's not an optional feature. Just remote start

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ram911

Reaction score
shouldn't my climate control work when remote started. Screen says climate control off until i push the start button. I set it to a high temp to test but just blows very slow ambient air. Any suggestions?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
shouldn't my climate control work when remote started. Screen says climate control off until i push the start button. I set it to a high temp to test but just blows very slow ambient air. Any suggestions?

Is the option set in settings?

It should also remember the last temp setting, except for the seat (if equipped). Damn thing always drops down (on AC) don't recall on heat.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Yep. On the Trademark and BH it's not an optional feature. Just remote start

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
2022 BH apparently has remote tailgate release now

Around 3:22

Last edited:

Ram911

Reaction score
Is the option set in settings?

It should also remember the last temp setting, except for the seat (if equipped). Damn thing always drops down (on AC) don't recall on heat.
I looked in settings and dont see an option. Maybe it cant be on auto? I didnt try just using heat or ac without auto set.

Ram911

Reaction score
2022 BH apparently has remote tailgate release now

Around 3:22
I thought in this thread some tradesman owner got the tailgate release to work by enabling the remote sales code with the correct fob

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I thought in this thread some tradesman owner got the tailgate release to work by enabling the remote sales code with the correct fob
Yes, that’s possible. I’m just stating it’s possible to get straight from the factory on a BH now…maybe even Tradesman?

whitexc

Reaction score
21 BH with remote start and no tailgate button. Boo.

Sent from my semi-smart telephonic device

BulldawgQC

Reaction score

I did. I just had a locksmith program my key fob and the tailgate release button works. Now just need to ad remote start code and should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amoussa1229

Reaction score
New to this thread but been looking through most of the posts lol. Just purchased a 2022 2500 Tradesman. I’d like the add remote start and tailgate release. I added a DeeZee tailgate damper just a couple hours ago then found out about 5 minutes after that the factory one snaps right in…

I looked but don’t see a wiring harness on my hood latch. I’m good with wiring but don’t necessarily trust myself doing the install on the BCM (I used to run an emergency vehicle upfitting business). Anyone in the LI, NY area want to do it? Lol. Or does anyone know if the dealer will do it on the 22’s?

sscpacheco

Reaction score
So I see this was asked at least 2 times with no answer. “ Has anyone added remote start and been able to use Uconnect to start?”. My uconnect app does not have a remote start icon, what triggers the app to know you have a remote start added? Does the parts department adding the sales code to dealer connect trigger this? Have buttons on order to solder in. Just trying to decide to do alpha or bring to dealer, what does adding the sales code on dealer connect actually accomplish?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
New to this thread but been looking through most of the posts lol. Just purchased a 2022 2500 Tradesman. I’d like the add remote start and tailgate release. I added a DeeZee tailgate damper just a couple hours ago then found out about 5 minutes after that the factory one snaps right in…

I looked but don’t see a wiring harness on my hood latch. I’m good with wiring but don’t necessarily trust myself doing the install on the BCM (I used to run an emergency vehicle upfitting business). Anyone in the LI, NY area want to do it? Lol. Or does anyone know if the dealer will do it on the 22’s?

Look on the left side of the latch for the connector, also you dont need to buy fobs if you have any sort of soldering skills you can put the switches on the fob board i did it to my tradesman and now have tailgate release and remote start(dealer added sales code) there is a thread here explaining the process to ad the switches cost me 12$ for a pack of 200 switches

amoussa1229

Reaction score
Look on the left side of the latch for the connector, also you dont need to buy fobs if you have any sort of soldering skills you can put the switches on the fob board i did it to my tradesman and now have tailgate release and remote start(dealer added sales code) there is a thread here explaining the process to ad the switches cost me 12$ for a pack of 200 switches

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t see any connectors on either side, but I will check again. I also do not get a Hood Ajar notification on the dash when I pop the hood. As for the remote, I might be interested in doing that. Do you have a link for the write up?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t see any connectors on either side, but I will check again. I also do not get a Hood Ajar notification on the dash when I pop the hood. As for the remote, I might be interested in doing that. Do you have a link for the write up?

Users who are viewing this thread