Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall Manufacturer Safety recall issued 2019-2020 D TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY

RB18C

Reaction score
At the dealer now. I’ll post if I notice any changes in the vehicle.

SteelersFan

Reaction score
I had my recalls serviced 3/13. I tried the dealer in which I purchased the truck 1st and was told the parts were on back order with no ETA when they would be available. I tried another area dealer and they told me they could have the parts the next day. Very puzzling the difference. The work order papers say the recalls are completed and have not seen any difference in performance But it’s only been a day and about 100 miles.

lovegolf44

Reaction score
Finally got my build sheet and checked the recall status on the Mopar site; no recall. Great to know the 68RFE is fully implemented in manufacturing.

Omarf4

Reaction score
Just an update here, I finally got the VB6 and W03 recalls done yesterday after waiting 1.5 months for the parts. They also did an RRT on my ramboxes and one was so deformed, they ordered a new panel for it. Waiting for that part now.

Anyway, drove 45 miles after the transmission work and engine PCM update, so far so good. No noticeable difference except but tranny was cooler by 5 -10 degrees. Not sure it’s related, but just an observation. Was 85 Degrees yesterday in Texas.

crzysnake137

Reaction score
Tried 2 times with my dealer and they have said both times no idea when parts will be in, cant order parts, and cant get on a list for the parts. What should I do?

IronByron

Reaction score
Tried 2 times with my dealer and they have said both times no idea when parts will be in, cant order parts, and cant get on a list for the parts. What should I do?

If you have another dealer try them. I was in a similar situation but tried another and am now scheduled for next week.

Bigred6.7

Reaction score
Just got mine done on Tuesday. Truck has sat on the driveway since getting it home from the dealership but did notice a slightly smoother shifting experience. Had called dealership (central OH) a couple weeks ago asking about part availability, at that time they had everything except for the gasket in. Called back Monday, confirmed they had the parts in stock and dropped it off Tuesday morning.

jstarion

Reaction score
I think they are prioritizing fleet vehicles... I worked mine in with the fleet service manager.

SteelersFan

Reaction score
My Dealer said the same and I tried another dealer that said they could have the parts the next day and they followed through. Even got a call about 2 1/2 weeks after the repair stating the parts had come in so someone else will get a repair quickly.

chap442

Reaction score
Got mine done had to have FCA Customer Care call the dealer to fit me in. Dealer told me they ration parts to dealers - he said he only got 6 this week

3_Rams

Reaction score
Just tried to contact my local dealer again after being told by Ram Cares that parts should be available. Local dealer said they have no idea, parts are not available and they have no ETA from Chrysler. They said they couldn’t do anything at this time. Didn’t even take my name and number to follow up.
I am so PISSED OFF by this lack of communication, dishonesty, and incompetence.

RB18C

Reaction score
Just tried to contact my local dealer again after being told by Ram Cares that parts should be available. Local dealer said they have no idea, parts are not available and they have no ETA from Chrysler. They said they couldn’t do anything at this time. Didn’t even take my name and number to follow up.
My dealer didn’t have part either. So they ordered them and called me when they arrived. Sounds like your dealership is screwing around with you.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score

So sorry to hear this! If you'd like us to open up another case for you so we can help with the appointment, please feel free to reach out.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

3_Rams

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this! If you'd like us to open up another case for you so we can help with the appointment, please feel free to reach out.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Thanks, I would love some help. Want to get this resolved one way or the other. Just sent you a PM

Users who are viewing this thread