Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall Manufacturer Safety recall issued 2019-2020 D TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY

chap442

Reaction score
NHTSA #20V-043
#W03 W03 - 2019-2020 D TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY
Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk

In certain circumstances, a build up of pressure and heat inside the transmission may result in transmission fluid being expelled from the dipstick tube, which may come in contact with the turbocharger, or other ignition sources within the engine compartment and lead to a vehicle fire. A vehicle fire can result in increased risk of occupant injury and injury to persons outside the vehicle, as well as property damage.

Repair Description

FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall to will replace the transmission valve body separator plate and reprogram the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Recall Status

Incomplete but repair parts are not available

Anyone have issues yet?

rangerdanger

Reaction score
I have had mine smell hot on a few occasions.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

jsalbre

Reaction score
I assume (based on the mention of turbocharger) that this is for the Cummins trucks?

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I stopped by my dealer around noon time today to check on my ordered Ram 3500. I mentioned to him that I had heard about a recall and wondered if mine was included. He called someone with Ram and then notified me mine is OK to go when it gets here. The only recall he did mention was on a small group of 2500 and 3500 with the Cummims Standard Duty, Not the H/O Cummins. The problem with some of the Standard Duty Cummins trucks (I was assuming it was the engine not the transmission} was building up pressure and pushing the dipstick out of the tubes spraying oil over the engine compartment. Those units have been placed on HOLD / DO NOT SELL List until the get the problem resolved as it could cause a fire.. Like I said, I am assuming it was the engine but it could have been the transmission on the Standard Cummins.. You Know What Assuming Can Do?

Last edited:

offroadr

Reaction score
I was supposed to pick up my new Limited tonight! DENIED!! So it sits waiting.............

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I was supposed to pick up my new Limited tonight! DENIED!! So it sits waiting.............

I thought I was going to be in the same boat with you until dealer made the phone call.

I wish you luck and hope they get it resolved soon.

D

Deleted member 80

The transmission dipstick tube for the 68RFE is in the right side, the same side as the turbocharger. The Aisin dipstick is on the left side.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have had mine smell hot on a few occasions.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Hey, rangerdanger. Should you decide to visit your local FCA dealer to discuss this, please let us know. Our team is happy to provide an additional layer of assistance during your appointment.

Kate
RamCares

litzdog911

Reaction score
Just confirmed with my dealer that my 2020 RAM2500 order is delayed pending resolution of this recall. My truck is built but stuck at the factory. Crap. No guess on how long.

Tell3131

Reaction score
I picked up my 2019 Ram 2500 on January 23. The next day the stop sell came out. If I had waited a day then I wouldn't have my 2500 or at least would have to wait. I guess my concern is now that my truck might catch on fire? Seems there is no fix either, so I just keep driving it? I have also noticed that there are not any 2019 Ram 2500 with Cummins for sale on dealer sites anymore. Bet that makes them happy.

D

Deleted member 80

Missing sales sux, but generally in a case like that the manufacturer will cover the floor-plan expense while it is on hold, to ease the pain.

cobradvm

Reaction score
You can punch your VIN into this website, and it should tell you if you have a recall

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I hear this may be a long wait for a fix.. I guess if you have an order with your Standard Diesel you may want to have the dealer change it over to the H/O with the Asian. That way you may get it sooner and get more power as well.. I know I would !

bearcat

Reaction score
Just checked the NHTSA recall website on 2500 mega cab ...Ordered 1-13 build date Feb 3-6th waiting to be shipped
0Unrepaired Recallsassociated with this VIN
What if my car isn't recalled now? Could it be recalled later?
Yes. Whether a manufacturer independently conducts a safety recall or NHTSA orders one, the manufacturer must file a public report describing the safety-related defect or noncompliance. Manufacturers are also required to notify owners by mail within 60 days of notifying NHTSA of a recall decision.

litzdog911

Reaction score
I hear this may be a long wait for a fix.. I guess if you have an order with your Standard Diesel you may want to have the dealer change it over to the H/O with the Asian. That way you may get it sooner and get more power as well.. I know I would !

Doesn’t help if we ordered a 2500

ejmuller

Reaction score
Hey, rangerdanger. Should you decide to visit your local FCA dealer to discuss this, please let us know. Our team is happy to provide an additional layer of assistance during your appointment.

Kate
RamCares
Kate,

I talked with my dealer and they said no parts are available, nor do they know when they will be. I don't want to drive my $60,000 truck if it will start on fire. Can you provide some additional assistance and provide a timeline on when the parts will be available?

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Kate,

I talked with my dealer and they said no parts are available, nor do they know when they will be. I don't want to drive my $60,000 truck if it will start on fire. Can you provide some additional assistance and provide a timeline on when the parts will be available?

Just a thought here, If this is a Fire Hazard (Safety Issue), may be they can furnish you with a loaner vehicle until the get your vehicle Safe again?

Users who are viewing this thread