Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall Manufacturer Safety recall issued 2019-2020 D TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY

CurtJ

Reaction score
Just left my stealership and was informed that parts are not available for my 2019 for the recall and I was told there is now yet another recall which is a software update for the Diesel Engine‍. This whole thing just keeps getting better and better
Sadly I’m nit being amused!

Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
Ramcares reports the reflash is part of the trans recall

ejmuller

Reaction score
Just got mine scheduled for 2/25. They said it should take 3-5 hours to complete.

offroadr

Reaction score
Finally picked up my Limited after waiting almost month, what a awesome truck

racerdude321

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they really are changing? "Programming" is kinda vague, curious as to what is really changing with that.
Also what changes to the valve body separator plate are there?

I'm concerned because my truck runs and drives great, gets excellent mileage, shifts well, etc. I'd hate to have it changed. I may wait a few months for reports of the outcomes from this. I really don't want some dealership kid messing around inside my transmission.

Hawk375

Reaction score
Does anyone know what they really are changing? "Programming" is kinda vague, curious as to what is really changing with that.
Also what changes to the valve body separator plate are there?

I'm concerned because my truck runs and drives great, gets excellent mileage, shifts well, etc. I'd hate to have it changed. I may wait a few months for reports of the outcomes from this. I really don't want some dealership kid messing around inside my transmission.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2020/RCRIT-20V043-4573.pdf

That goes over what they're performing for the recall remedy.

LossPrev

Reaction score
I just picked up my new 2500 today with the VB6 performed and if its detuned I can't tell. I test drove a 2500(before the recall) for a week and my truck just feels just as powerful and fast.

Tell3131

Reaction score
Just called to get my truck scheduled for recall service and they said they don't have parts in yet, should be 2-3 weeks. Strange since the 2019 2500s on their lot are now for sale again, so seems they did have parts to fix the trucks for sale, but those of us who are already customers don't seem to matter as much as potential customers. I bought my truck on 1-23-2020, the night before the recall notice went out and they put a stop sale on the 2500s.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Just called to get my truck scheduled for recall service and they said they don't have parts in yet, should be 2-3 weeks. Strange since the 2019 2500s on their lot are now for sale again, so seems they did have parts to fix the trucks for sale, but those of us who are already customers don't seem to matter as much as potential customers. I bought my truck on 1-23-2020, the night before the recall notice went out and they put a stop sale on the 2500s.

Hey, Tell3131. I have responded to your private message. Please continue to work with me there.

Kate
RamCares

Buppies

Reaction score
Mine is under the same recall have not tried to have repaired yet

Omarf4

Reaction score
I had an appointment scheduled for Thursday morning. Just got a call from dealer and they said FCA is only allowing a dealer to order parts once per week per customer for this recall and that I am in line for March 25th. That’s a month out. I asked dealer to email me in writing the confirmation for the new appointment date. They did.

I did my part.

CurtJ

Reaction score
I feel your pain brother! Was told today that I probably will have to wait until I get the official paper in the mail and then it may be late March before I can get a fix....:-/ New Dealer told me not to tow or haul anything heavy and keep a watch on my trans temp that it not go over 210. I let them know that if it caught on fire I will let it burn....:-(

Users who are viewing this thread