Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recall Manufacturer Safety recall issued 2019-2020 D TRANSMISSION VALVE BODY

RB18C

Reaction score
I’m still driving my truck. Don’t really have an option. Guess I just have to cross my fingers and hope it doesn’t burn to the ground haha

Tell3131

Reaction score
Same here. I took it in yesterday, they said there is a recall but no solution to fix it. So I just keep driving it I guess.

jstarion

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Will continue driving. I've been popping the hood to check after towing.

Megahunt

Reaction score
Just found out about the Recall today. I got a RAM Vehicle Health Report and it was on there. I'm leaving on Tuesday to take a 14hour trip (according to google maps) from Cincinnati Ohio to Ennis Texas pulling my 16,000 lb toy hauler. Nothing like leaving on a trip and hoping I don't catch on fire on the way down... I guess I will bring the fire extinguisher with me.. UGH

19 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4

Loganwildman

Reaction score
I got an email from my dealer yesterday saying they were supposed to get parts by the end of the month, and that I should plan to pick it up then.

RB18C

Reaction score
Just found out about the Recall today. I got a RAM Vehicle Health Report and it was on there. I'm leaving on Tuesday to take a 14hour trip (according to google maps) from Cincinnati Ohio to Ennis Texas pulling my 16,000 lb toy hauler. Nothing like leaving on a trip and hoping I don't catch on fire on the way down... I guess I will bring the fire extinguisher with me.. UGH

19 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Every time you stop, pop the hood and check the transmission dipstick. Really all you can do. Hope all goes well

Reedwj91

Reaction score
I got an email from my dealer yesterday saying they were supposed to get parts by the end of the month, and that I should plan to pick it up then.
Still waiting to pick up my 2020 I bought. My dealer told me the parts for my 2020 would be here this week, they said plan on getting my truck by end of next week.

truckeetahoe

Reaction score
Does anyone yet know how deep they need to dive into the transmission for this fix? Do they need to pull it? Split the case? We have a 2019 on hold once stop sale is over but I am nervous about a shop doing the fix if they have to pull the whole transmission.

JustJohnny

Reaction score
Another future Ram owner here, chiming in with my experiences to, hopefully, keep everyone up to speed with what the dealerships are saying.

Saturday Feb 1st, I finally settled on a price with the dealership ($62k out the door, 2019 2500 Laramie, off-road package, etc.. Down 10k from sticker), they informed of the stop sell recall. I was told they should have it taken care of within a week. I was flying out of town the next day, so no big deal. I fly back in Friday evening the 7th, and call them Saturday morning. Still no parts, should have it done in another week. So Saturday the 15th I call back, and now the timeline is the 24th for parts, not the actual repair. I'm a little frustrated at this point because I feel like the dealership is kicking the can down the road, when maybe they know more than they are letting on.. I'm fine if it's going to be another 3 week, but don't piss on my leg while you're smiling at me!

Anyways, just my story on this whole thing..

Johnny

bearcat

Reaction score
Does anyone yet know how deep they need to dive into the transmission for this fix? Do they need to pull it? Split the case? We ha
The fix is a new transmission valve body separator plate and updated programming for the powertrain computer. The recall is W03 (FCA) or 20V043 (NHTSA). Affected vehicles are the Ram 2500 made from October 11, 2018 to January 23, 2020; and the Ram 3500 made from October 18, 2018 through January 23, 2020. Sounds like they have drop the pan and fluid and flash the PCM

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Does anyone yet know how deep they need to dive into the transmission for this fix? Do they need to pull it? Split the case? We have a 2019 on hold once stop sale is over but I am nervous about a shop doing the fix if they have to pull the whole transmission.
Another future Ram owner here, chiming in with my experiences to, hopefully, keep everyone up to speed with what the dealerships are saying.

Saturday Feb 1st, I finally settled on a price with the dealership ($62k out the door, 2019 2500 Laramie, off-road package, etc.. Down 10k from sticker), they informed of the stop sell recall. I was told they should have it taken care of within a week. I was flying out of town the next day, so no big deal. I fly back in Friday evening the 7th, and call them Saturday morning. Still no parts, should have it done in another week. So Saturday the 15th I call back, and now the timeline is the 24th for parts, not the actual repair. I'm a little frustrated at this point because I feel like the dealership is kicking the can down the road, when maybe they know more than they are letting on.. I'm fine if it's going to be another 3 week, but don't piss on my leg while you're smiling at me!

Anyways, just my story on this whole thing..

Johnny

We know this is a frustrating situation and we do apologize. Although we cannot speculate on this inquiry, we can say that as soon as parts are available, your dealer will inform you. When that time comes, our team is happy to provide additional assistance as needed. We're just a private message away.

Kate
RamCares

jason_sos

Reaction score
The fix is a new transmission valve body separator plate and updated programming for the powertrain computer. The recall is W03 (FCA) or 20V043 (NHTSA). Affected vehicles are the Ram 2500 made from October 11, 2018 to January 23, 2020; and the Ram 3500 made from October 18, 2018 through January 23, 2020. Sounds like they have drop the pan and fluid and flash the PCM

Where did you hear this? I'm curious because my truck was built after Jan 23, (as far as I can tell), and I don't want to have to wait longer to get it. It would be great news if they applied the fix to the trucks on the line first and mine has it already.

truckeetahoe

Reaction score
Sounds like they are doing Stop order trucks 1st. I just got a call from dealer that they are doing it today but they have to hold it for 24 to sell it. Can't find any info anywhere but they say they have the parts and it will be 3rd one in. Book time is 2 hours it ends up taking 1.5 (per tech). We will see, I might have a new truck tomorrow!

jason_sos

Reaction score
Sounds like they are doing Stop order trucks 1st. I just got a call from dealer that they are doing it today but they have to hold it for 24 to sell it. Can't find any info anywhere but they say they have the parts and it will be 3rd one in. Book time is 2 hours it ends up taking 1.5 (per tech). We will see, I might have a new truck tomorrow!

It sounds like they did trucks on the factory floor first, then ones at dealers, then recalling already sold vehicles. Which makes sense wanting to get the factory back up and running ASAP and getting trucks sold.

D

Deleted member 80

Yes, drop the pan, drop the filter, R&R and update valve body. Not a big deal, once parts are flowing.

Reedwj91

Reaction score
I was told by my dealer that the parts were in today for mine. I was the first person to buy one after the recall went into effect so mine would be first in line. after that my gooseneck is going in, and I should be able to take delivery on Friday. *fingers crossed*

bearcat

Reaction score
Where did you hear this? I'm curious because my truck was built after Jan 23, (as far as I can tell), and I don't want to have to wait longer to get it. It would be great news if they applied the fix to the trucks on the line first and mine has it already.
Allpar.com News Fiery recall is not as scary as it sounds

offroadr

Reaction score
Still waiting to take delivery on mine, they THINK it could be this week

truckeetahoe

Reaction score
Just got a call from the dealer than mine was done today, it's a new 2019 on Stop Sale. This was the 3rd one they have done so far. So they are doing the stop sale ones 1st to make mo' money.

Users who are viewing this thread