Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel well liners

cmcx2011

Reaction score
If you are talking about the wheel well liners they are installed at the factory. They come standard on the upper trim levels (Laramie, longhorn and limited) and are optional on Tradesman and BigHorn.
My 2021 Limited didn’t come with them.

dslbrnr

Reaction score
My new 2021 Longhorn didn't come with them either. I called Husky Liners yesterday because their website didn't have them listed for Rams. They told me they are redesigning their wheel well liners for the Ram HD's and should be available in 4-5 weeks. Someone mentioned they offered more coverage than the OEM's and probably a lower cost.

b307a1

Reaction score
My new 2021 Longhorn didn't come with them either. I called Husky Liners yesterday because their website didn't have them listed for Rams. They told me they are redesigning their wheel well liners for the Ram HD's and should be available in 4-5 weeks. Someone mentioned they offered more coverage than the OEM's and probably a lower cost.
Is yours a dually?

copcarguy

Reaction score
I bought a set of the Rough Country liners for my ‘21 3500. I completely removed the front half liner and began stuffing the liner in the wheelwell. I noticed the front of the liner was only a couple inches from the leaf spring, but the rear of the liner was in contact with the leaf spring. I didn’t feel like trimming or messing with it at the moment so I just removed it and put the stock one back in for now…

My question for anyone that installed the Rough Country’s in a 3500, did you have to do any trimming on the front or is there enough clearance for the suspension travel?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 14D34A0C-C287-4E1A-8D4F-1CBD6B0DEF1B.jpeg
    14D34A0C-C287-4E1A-8D4F-1CBD6B0DEF1B.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 48

Squatch

Reaction score
I bought a set of the Rough Country liners for my ‘21 3500. I completely removed the front half liner and began stuffing the liner in the wheelwell. I noticed the front of the liner was only a couple inches from the leaf spring, but the rear of the liner was in contact with the leaf spring. I didn’t feel like trimming or messing with it at the moment so I just removed it and put the stock one back in for now…

My question for anyone that installed the Rough Country’s in a 3500, did you have to do any trimming on the front or is there enough clearance for the suspension travel?

Thanks!
I did exactly the same as you, they are just sitting out in the shed for the past year. I wasn’t impressed with the fit.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score

Thanks!
I installed the Rugged Liner ones, but they look just like your Rough Country's. I did not do any trimming and have had no problems. I have thought about trimming them but that's as far as I have gotten.

garyh

Reaction score
My 2021 Limited didn’t come with them.
Go to build page and do a model comparison. All the model comparison details indicate that 21 Laramie trim and above (PW, Longhorn, Limited's) come standard with rear wheelhouse liners. Maybe you need to discuss this with your dealer. Could be it was overlooked during build out.

copcarguy

Reaction score
Just as an update, I contacted Rough Country as they said they’ll fit a 3500. I sent them the pic I posted above, and was told they’d contact me after looking into it. They now say they do NOT fit 3500’s and I shouldn’t have ordered them. I told them their info needs to be updated as it said it fit when I ordered them and the sticker even includes 3500’s…

Attachments

• F8F020DB-297C-40C8-9D00-DCA3BB47AE40.jpeg
    F8F020DB-297C-40C8-9D00-DCA3BB47AE40.jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 25

copcarguy

Reaction score
Decided to go the Mopar route… Can anyone tell me the exact number of the:

Fender U-Nut - Mopar (6105242AA)​

and the:

Wheel Flare Screw - Mopar (6510827AA)​

I’ll need to order? This hardware and the liners will complete everything needed? Thanks!

1FstGPa

Reaction score
I wanted to put a 'little bump', in this thread, to see if any other HD member had anything else to say about their wheel well liner.

Especially, since I am having difficulty making a brand selection...

rmurphy

Reaction score
Ive always gone with the factory installed option. its a free add-on in Canada you just need to click the box.

Users who are viewing this thread