Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear wheel well liners

b307a1

Reaction score
@dslbrnr Do you by chance have the part numbers for the liners that you had installed?

Ultimately I am looking to install the liners along with OEM flares and splash guards.
The part numbers are 68453298AA, 68453299AA.
When you remove the existing front and rear halves you will notice on the rear one that there is a backing bracket attached to it. You need to save it to reinstall with the new liners. It supports the rear end of them. They are heat bonded together and are easy to separate with a large screwdriver or some other pry tool.
Look at the bracket itself and you will see circular indentations with studs protruding thru. That is where they are bonded together and you need to get in between with the pry tool and just twist them apart.

b307a1

Reaction score
But, they’re dealer installed items, right? That’s how it looked on my window sticker.
If you are talking about the wheel well liners they are installed at the factory. They come standard on the upper trim levels (Laramie, longhorn and limited) and are optional on Tradesman and BigHorn.

Last edited:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
If you are talking about the wheel well liners they installed at the factory. They come standard on the upper trim levels (Laramie, longhorn and limited) and are optional on Tradesman and BigHorn.
I have a tradesman so that’s probably why. Thanks.

Cseybert

Reaction score
Installed mine today. Pretty easy make sure you buy the extra screws.

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 281

dslbrnr

Reaction score
Nice work.
It looks like yours has the center top screw, mine didn't just a cut out. Did the liners have a self locking nut attached or did you add it to the center top hole?

Cseybert

Reaction score
I actually had forklifts left over I put a clip at the top and with the extra screws for the kit

Attachments

• 2EB5E71F-3379-46E5-9BD8-B9B65DBCB908.jpeg
    2EB5E71F-3379-46E5-9BD8-B9B65DBCB908.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 74

Highcountry

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of these today. I do not have fender flares on my truck. Can anyone tell me what I'll be missing for hardware? I asked about ordering some, but the parts guy said he couldn't tell what I needed.

Cseybert

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of these today. I do not have fender flares on my truck. Can anyone tell me what I'll be missing for hardware? I asked about ordering some, but the parts guy said he couldn't tell what I needed.
Just extra own screws.

Squatch

Reaction score
Why am I not surprised

Highcountry

Reaction score
great, thank you. So in the video posted earlier in this thread it shows seperating two plastic pieces. Was that necessary as well?

Last edited:

woody284

Reaction score
You can go to Lowe’s and they have a car specialty fastener section. You can source U-nuts and bolts easy there. That is what I did. Also you do not have to remove the back factory inner fender splash guard. Just the front one. Someone posted about having to separate the bracket off the guard. It does not have to be removed at all. Just take the bolts out and once the liner is in reinstall.

Highcountry

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info, I appreciate you helping out a new guy. It will be much nicer to have the needed parts in hand when I install these

Squatch

Reaction score
I installed my rough country ones today, they fit, it takes some wrestling, basically it is only set up for fasteners towards the front part and on the back it is designed just to sit there. So I left the factory half-liner as a backer and sandwiched the full liner between the factory rear-liner and the fender. They look good, but given the install and the way they mount, they aren’t great. I think oem is the way to go with these.

Highcountry

Reaction score
I got mine installed, it was pretty quick and easy. As stated previously in this post you'll need a few extra screws and one additional u-nut per side. I chose to put slightly larger hardware in the two holes per side where they mount on the upper center section, so I had to source those also. Thanks for everyone's tips, it made it nice to start with the right parts. Also, I did not find it necessary to seperate the two plastic pieces in the back. In fact I didnt even remove it on the second one, I just removed the screws and left it loosely in place. everything lined up nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_2311.jpg
    IMG_2311.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 187

Users who are viewing this thread