Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle Noise In Cab

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I haven’t seen a mount off the truck yet can we just get some spun up on a lathe made of some tough urethane like companies use for body lifts or similar! These seem over engineered it’s what happens When people expect HD trucks to ride like the SUV they bring the kids to soccer practice in!

Here you go, I say "Hockey Pucks", No special machining required.

Attachments

• MS1027957-inset2.jpg
    MS1027957-inset2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 23

flan

Reaction score
I have cab mount running boards (aftermarket) I know I’m going to eventually have to take them off so they would warranty the cab mounts, they going to blame the step bolts. I assume just replace with updated ones myself ‍

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Here you go, I say "Hockey Pucks", No special machining required.
THE GOOD OLD HOCKEY GAME....THE BEST GAME YOU CAN NAME. Kick ass song by Stomping Tom Conners. If anyone has never heard it before worth looking up on the Hoogle :p

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think I figured out one of the rattles in my cab ( head) anyway. As I posted, when my engine brake kicks on there's s rattle in cab. I found it, it's the big plastic bubble assembly beneighth rear view mirror, now I just need to figure out how to stop it. So that leaves me with one more noise in cab, and thats a squeak in the head liner behind drivers head, like a plastic clip that holds it up or something because when I push the head liner toward roof, it stops.

TIBEACHBUM

Reaction score
Got mine back today from the dealer after 2 new rear cab mounts and all new bolts (for some reason) for the other mounts. Its a totally different truck now. It sounds better even without hitting bumpy roads. Drove it down an old brick road at about 45 and sounds like it should, as in not making any noise. Will update if my luck runs out and the noise comes back

Cummins3

Reaction score
I Haven t had time to measure the mounts super busy.

But saddens me to update the noise hasnt fully gone away. It is definitely a lot better and doesn't happen as often as before. But not 100% gone. Anyone else confirm??

zooroadbaja

Reaction score
Mines still good zero noise i was worried i just picked up a slide in camper thinking might flex it but still good, just needs to last 3 more years before i sell it haha

Jwhitney82

Reaction score
I Haven t had time to measure the mounts super busy.

But saddens me to update the noise hasnt fully gone away. It is definitely a lot better and doesn't happen as often as before. But not 100% gone. Anyone else confirm??
Yea had mine changed last week and it’s definitely a lot better than it was, but I can still hear it.

Sigo

Reaction score
My truck is still with the dealer. They are trying to secure some sort of baffle in the rear of the truck under the subwoofer and have replaced a cab mount bolt. Still waiting to hear the results of this work.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Keep us updated. Like said before mine has gotten better but not gone

skaiskaiskai

Reaction score
I have recently had my truck at dealer for paint warranty and rattle noise. Finally got the truck back two days ago paint fixed and rattle seemed to be less pronounced but as I got on the same roads I normally hear it on, it was still there. They had changed the rear seat mounting clips (6 i think) is what I was told. I am going to follow up with them soon to make aware of issue still present. I didn't suggest anything but had described the rattle as someone earlier in this thread mentioned about a refrigerator compressor kicking on when hitting any imperfection that puts a little jar to the rear axle. Just wanted to throw in my experience so far!

Sigo

Reaction score
I am having the exact same sound as posted in the videos in this thread. 2019 Ram 2500 Lariat Megacab. Has there been a definite solution identified other than the possible "3rd revision of rear cab mounts?"
Truck is still at the dealership. This morning I got an update that they replaced one cab mount but rattle is still there. They are convinced that there are some baffles under the floor that are causing the rattle. They were able to get to all of the baffles - except one - to secure them down with some sort of sealant. They are having trouble getting to the fifth(?) baffle without "cutting a hole." I told them I didn't want them cutting a hole in the truck. They're still working on it...

g00fy

Reaction score
Got mine back today from the dealer after 2 new rear cab mounts and all new bolts (for some reason) for the other mounts. Its a totally different truck now. It sounds better even without hitting bumpy roads. Drove it down an old brick road at about 45 and sounds like it should, as in not making any noise. Will update if my luck runs out and the noise comes back

Is there a TSB for these body mounts or something I can ask my dealer about? I've got the rattle real bad, I brought my truck to the dealership and they claimed one of my running boards was loose and they tightened it and that fixed it. Whatever they did seemed to help for almost a day, but then it came right back and is just as bad.

zooroadbaja

Reaction score
Is there a TSB for these body mounts or something I can ask my dealer about? I've got the rattle real bad, I brought my truck to the dealership and they claimed one of my running boards was loose and they tightened it and that fixed it. Whatever they did seemed to help for almost a day, but then it came right back and is just as bad.
Per the receipt from Ram, says see service supervisor, there are sop parts, contacted Chryslers Field Tech about concern, advised to replace rear cab mount with updated cab mount design.

QTY 2 68402173-AD Isolator 23043013

g00fy

Reaction score
Per the receipt from Ram, says see service supervisor, there are sop parts, contacted Chryslers Field Tech about concern, advised to replace rear cab mount with updated cab mount design.

QTY 2 68402173-AD Isolator 23043013

I have a feeling it's going to be a fight to get my dealership to change the body mounts if there's no tsb I can reference.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I'm sure yall have talked about this already in the previous 198 posts but could you save me the time of reading them all. Tyvm
1: this rattle, is apparently the mounts correct and does getting them replaced eliminate rattle?
2: does this happen to all models including gas/ diesel, srw/drw, 15/25/3500, 2019/2020?
Thanks four getting me up to spd.

Cummins3

Reaction score
I got my mounts changed.. noise got better(kinda went away) but noise is still there not as loud... But again still there didn't fix it 100%

Users who are viewing this thread