Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle Noise In Cab

zooroadbaja

Reaction score
Update: This is the dealer fix that was done to my truck so far so good

Per the receipt from Ram, says see service supervisor, there are sop parts, contacted Chryslers Field Tech about concern, advised to replace rear cab mount with updated cab mount design.

QTY 2 68402173-AD Isolator 23043013

Thought I saw this posted up somewhere but couldnt find it. Truck is a 19 4x4 Ram 2500 Diesel. Any small jolt to the truck while driving, theres a rattle which sounds like its coming from the back somewhere. Ive tried folding the seat up and down, banging on stuff to see if i can hear the sound. tried buckling up the seat belts but nothing. Finally took it off pavement yesterday, and the sound is horrible. Anyone else experiencing this? I figure ask here before taking it in, and the dealer keeping my truck for a day and saying its normal.

Also the truck once in awhile makes a consistent 3 tick sound from the engine compartment. I feel like it only does it when its cold. But it doesnt always make the sound. Kind of mad at the dealer, I was down the street from the dealer and it started doing it. So i pulled up to the service department and asked the tech to come out so he could hear it, and said no and i need to make an appointment. ( Really grinds my gears how lazy people are, and how ****ty customer service is. Youre getting paid to do a job, do your job.)

Last edited:

ahhhr

Reaction score
Someone had a rear end rattle cause the spare tire was loose.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Thought I saw this posted up somewhere but couldnt find it. Truck is a 19 4x4 Ram 2500 Diesel. Any small jolt to the truck while driving, theres a rattle which sounds like its coming from the back somewhere. Ive tried folding the seat up and down, banging on stuff to see if i can hear the sound. tried buckling up the seat belts but nothing. Finally took it off pavement yesterday, and the sound is horrible. Anyone else experiencing this? I figure ask here before taking it in, and the dealer keeping my truck for a day and saying its normal.

Also the truck once in awhile makes a consistent 3 tick sound from the engine compartment. I feel like it only does it when its cold. But it doesnt always make the sound. Kind of mad at the dealer, I was down the street from the dealer and it started doing it. So i pulled up to the service department and asked the tech to come out so he could hear it, and said no and i need to make an appointment. ( Really grinds my gears how lazy people are, and how ****ty customer service is. Youre getting paid to do a job, do your job.)

Hi zooroadbaja,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. Please know that our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support if you do move forward with an appointment at your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Cummins3

Reaction score
There is a post on here I posted on it and I haven't found the noise... I will post if I do but please post your findings also mine also clicks too I thought it's normal

jsalbre

Reaction score
Someone in another post narrowed it down to the bottle jack being loose in its bracket. Check yours (under the passenger seat).

Cummins3

Reaction score
I saw that post thank you..I did check all those things under the pass seat all secure and tight not my noise thanx

Ramit530

Reaction score
I have it as well and can not locate.. any news from others who have identified it would be great.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have it as well and can not locate.. any news from others who have identified it would be great.

Hey Ramit530,

If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here and you decide to address this with your dealer, please know that our team is just a PM away and we are happy to support you through that process.

Mark
RamCares

Cummins3

Reaction score
Hey Ramit530,

If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here and you decide to address this with your dealer, please know that our team is just a PM away and we are happy to support you through that process.

Mark
RamCares
Y go to the dealer to have incompetent yards tell us can't duplicate problem and get frustrated

thestuarts

Reaction score
My 2019 Diesel started making a rattling noise. I figured out it was the driver's side rear seatbelt clanking against the plastic trim. I haven't heard any rattling since adjusting the rear seatbelt.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I checked my jack and it's also tight. I'm going to mount a go pro under my truck and try to see what is going on

Hi Mike's goat,

If you end up having to address this with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via private message. We are happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

ahhhr

Reaction score
I installed a gopro camera under the truck at the back cab mounts and that is where the noise is coming from. I plan to take it back next week with the video.
Id like to see that video. Might help other guys.

CurtJ

Reaction score
Hey all!!! New to the group, looks like an awesome group of peeps here!!!!!

My 2019 BigHorn has the same issue, rattling in the back and also in the dash....:-( Sounds like loose speakers?
Also fighting with my heated seats not getting very hot as well as The loud clicking noise in the steering column when you press on the brake to start. Already have had radio reflashed and serpentine belt replaced on the CTD.........UGH!!!!!!!!!
Have a case filed on the heated seats but keep hearing the ol.......it’s normal thing and it’s all about how could itis outside determines the heat of the seats........grrrrrrr! Sorry for the rant!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread