Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Wileykid

Reaction score
If the mother ship hasn’t decided what to do yet then the caring people who work for said mother ship could pass that along :eek:.
I am sure, as with any big corporation, RamCares is not allowed to say anything, unless they are told they can. Bad PR to say they are also waiting for the actual solution (if any).

Mike_SE

Reaction score
I wish someone would come out with a bypass kit at least so if mine grenades I can at least save the rest of the system. I think RAM has weighed the cost versus customer equation and we came out on the short end of the stick. They got their money for the truck so why fix what's not yet broken and warranty repair the ones that are ? Agree with Wiley.

thrust

Reaction score
I wish someone would come out with a bypass kit at least so if mine grenades I can at least save the rest of the system. I think RAM has weighed the cost versus customer equation and we came out on the short end of the stick. They got their money for the truck so why fix what's not yet broken and warranty repair the ones that are ? Agree with Wiley.
In for one of someone builds it.

"If you build it they will come."

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

MikeXM

Reaction score
I know this sub is supposed to be for @RamCares to communicate their information about the CP4 fiasco. But since they are leaving us in the dark, might as well vent here. This is so frustrating. :mad:
I'm pretty sure they haven't committed to a replacement recall for the plain fact they haven't secure enough pumps. It would have to come from their production supply. And now is no time to add any additional hurdles to slow the output of the factory. What isn't BO these days?

So, new sales come first. We are left behind. Sorry loyal customers.

Is that speculations? Yes. Do I believe this is what is going on? Definitively. :mad::mad::mad:

Mike_SE

Reaction score
I blame myself for not doing my homework. It never once occurred to me that RAM would go to the CP4 pump. My 06 served me well and I guess I was naïve enuf to believe this truck would too. I love my 19 and while its a great truck we looked at the GM offerings which were nice. I will not be naïve and a brand fanboy about our next purchase.
Again its my fault for not researching and buying a truck with a known Achilles heel. There are aftermarket solutions with the CP3 as you know and if RAM was serious about fixing these seems they would subsidize that solution. The aftermarket folks seem to not have an issue getting the pumps. I was told to do the fix right they had to replace the CP4 equipped trucks front cover with the one on the 21 and newer model trucks. I don't know enough about the 6.7 to weigh in.

AH const

Reaction score
I didn’t do my homework either I just assumed it was the same pump. I got such a great deal on it when COVID first started that If I had to do it over I would still buy the truck. I’ll just ride out the warranty then put an aftermarket pump on it or find a way to bolt a newer ram cp3 on.

mcspeed

Reaction score
Sorry you all are having this issue. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread. I was fortunate enough to run across it and bought a GMC in hopes of steering clear of the cp4 fiasco.

I want @RamCares to know that this issue is helping their competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Sorry you all are having this issue. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread. I was fortunate enough to run across it and bought a GMC in hopes of steering clear of the cp4 fiasco.

I want @RamCares to know that this issue is helping their competitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could have bought a 2021 Ram and avoided it too. I would have to walk up to my truck with my eyes closed if I bought a GMC - although, I have to admit, they do look a little better than the Chevy. I do understand not wanting to deal with a company that doesn't step up to the plate to take care of customers. I don't see Ford or Chevy being any better about it though.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You could have bought a 2021 Ram and avoided it too. I would have to walk up to my truck with my eyes closed if I bought a GMC - although, I have to admit, they do look a little better than the Chevy. I do understand not wanting to deal with a company that doesn't step up to the plate to take care of customers. I don't see Ford or Chevy being any better about it though.
Its ok he may switch back when the 10 speed “alison” leaves him on the side of the road

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Yeah I did have high hope but now I am looking into either a CP3 conversion or simply got rid of the truck.
Same here bud, I already looked into doing Cp3 conversion until I heard that there "might be" a service solution from FCA. I hate being in unknown, either confirm or deny that FCA is working on something

BigWorm

Reaction score

Perhaps this is why there haven't been any updates posted. If there is an active investigation they aren't going to say anything.

diablo82

Reaction score

Perhaps this is why there haven't been any updates posted. If there is an active investigation they aren't going to say anything.
This is great! Finally an legit action enforcing RAM to deal with this situation properly and promptly.

Users who are viewing this thread