Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Tail Gate Recall

kristof

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure mine will be recalled. I had the tailgate open before. And since I have installed the tailgate assistance I did not hear it open.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Lol, I saw this too. After countless weeks of waiting for my number to come up. My 19s finally been scheduled for 1/6 to get the CP4 swapped out. Along with whatever other recalls I've ignored since it was new. I figured what else could go wrong?

relbus

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I have always thought the gate needed to be slammed hard to get it to close properly. A week ago my 12 y/o loaded his hockey equipment into the bed, I watched him slam it pretty good. 30 min later another hockey parent calls me and says my tailgate is open as we are rolling down the highway. Thankfully we didn't loose any of his equipment or sticks. Since then I have been on high alert checking it. Sounds like this may be my issue.

Reaction score
"The problem is traced to one or both tailgate strikers being misaligned, risking the tailgate becoming unlatched and opening. In June 2022, an improved alignment tool was implemented for production. Heavy-duty trucks built after June 1 and light-duty Ram 1500s built after July 10, 2022, are not included in the recall."

Yeah! Dodged that bullet. Mine's a September build. :)

flan

Reaction score
I looked up my vin and it isn’t listed yet, has anyone seen it for their truck on rams site?

CdnHO

Reaction score
Tailgate coming down pulling a fiver could get ugly quick. Should have been a telltale in the cluster for the tailgate, just as there is for the doors.

red

Reaction score
I've had to slam the tail gate on my 2020 since new. The dealer "adjusted" the strikers once and managed to make it worse. I threw the towel in after that visit.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My 19 has no recall listed yet it was one of the last 19s off the line but i have never had the gate open even with a good load pushing against it many times

CdnHO

Reaction score
My 19 has no recall listed yet but i have never had the gate open even with a good load pushing against it many times
Gotta wonder how this $hit happens. Sort of like the wheel lug fiasco that took 10 years to figure out.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Gotta wonder how this $hit happens. Sort of like the wheel lug fiasco that took 10 years to figure out.
To many people trying to reinvent the wheel with out the care to do it right and do proper testing

Darkside

Reaction score
I haven’t had any problems with my 21, then again my cab and bed also didn’t have the mis-alignment issues a lot of them did…

tkabrick

Reaction score
Looks like they finally updated the RAM app to show the recall. Wasn't showing up yesterday but today it's now showing as an open recall. Haven't had an issue so not too worried about getting it fixed

Users who are viewing this thread