Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Tail Gate Recall

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If you get yours done, be sure to check it!

Never had a single problem with my tailgate and then after the recall it would not stay closed.
I had to adjust the strikers back myself. Recall has them adjust it too tight, IMO, with no movement. You had to slam the thing with two hands to get it to stay. I think temperature fluctuations caused it to not align perfect. Only been a single trip since I adjusted it back myself but it was super annoying to have issues after the recall was done.

I'll tell them to mark mine done, it's always worked just fine, even after the wife smashed the top of it into the boat trailer winch.

They will also be instructed not to load any PCM updates to my truck. Next time it goes in it's for cab mounts and the Cummins chirp/squeal in the serpentine belt/pulleys.

mkmsr

Reaction score
I think I will just ignore the next 27 recall notices they send as my tailgate works fine. Not letting the dealership break things that aren't broken.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Reaction score
From what they told me, the tech didn’t change anything. Just made sure the strikers were secure and tailgate was aligned with them. Opened and closed it a few times. Called it good. I checked it today. Works fine for me. Looks the same as it did before it went into the shop.

jadmt

Reaction score
finally went in and to get my ZB8 recall done as was tired of getting the notifications. I watched the tech walk to the back of my truck and he never even opened the tailgate. I have a topper that needs the hatch opened to open the tailgate and he did not open the topper hatch.. The service parking lot was jam packed so I actually parked in the sales area so was able to watch my truck from inside the showroom. I followed the tech to the service writers desk where the tech handed my keys to the service writer, I was thinking he would just hand me my keys but he said the tech had to go in back and complete his paper work. About 20 minutes the service writer came and found me and handed me the keys. Kind of a joke lol.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
finally went in and to get my ZB8 recall done as was tired of getting the notifications. I watched the tech walk to the back of my truck and he never even opened the tailgate. I have a topper that needs the hatch opened to open the tailgate and he did not open the topper hatch.. The service parking lot was jam packed so I actually parked in the sales area so was able to watch my truck from inside the showroom. I followed the tech to the service writers desk where the tech handed my keys to the service writer, I was thinking he would just hand me my keys but he said the tech had to go in back and complete his paper work. About 20 minutes the service writer came and found me and handed me the keys. Kind of a joke lol.
Sounds about right

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
I would take it back then. Mine looks like they realigned the bed. It took about an hour. You can see all the blue measuring marks they made. They did fix the crappy gap and made it even and look much better.

348356231_209165832024083_3751739027524093247_n.jpg348357801_651222393382090_4519244197053325022_n.jpg
348357242_6206366112814787_3625520485579959414_n.jpg348358209_983569202661578_277156689662804942_n.jpg

flan

Reaction score
The factory makes a bunch of blue marks. I’d be surprised if it was the dealer that did all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread