Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram better come out with a a FULL fifth gen HD soon

jsalbre

Reaction score
I know nothing about building trucks on an assembly line, but if they already offer the same engine in the same chassis, what difference does the trim and electronics make? Why not offer it?
I'd of already ordered (and have) a '23 Hemi limited gasser already had they not stopped offering it. I waited for 24 hoping the hemi would be in the upper end trims, but its not. I can't see paying an extra 10K for a Diesel I dont want or need for the amount of towing I do..
The Hemi is definitely back in at least the Longhorn. I've found two window stickers showing that.

markd100

Reaction score
Not according to the 2024 ordering guide posted on this site...

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Not according to the ordering guide.....????.....????......
Those have never been wrong before...

markd100

Reaction score
Im not being a putz, but if thats what the dealer can order, and its not an option, how can it be ordered? I'd love to get a 2500 mega limited with Hemi. Is there some work around?

UglyViking

Reaction score
I know nothing about building trucks on an assembly line, but if they already offer the same engine in the same chassis, what difference does the trim and electronics make? Why not offer it?
I'd of already ordered (and have) a '23 Hemi limited gasser already had they not stopped offering it. I waited for 24 hoping the hemi would be in the upper end trims, but its not. I can't see paying an extra 10K for a Diesel I dont want or need for the amount of towing I do..
I think the idea is that dealers never ordered them, and when they did they sat for long enough that they ended up deeply discounted. I'm not saying there isn't a market, they just clearly feel like it's small enough it's not worth it.

tchur1

Reaction score
I think the idea is that dealers never ordered them, and when they did they sat for long enough that they ended up deeply discounted. I'm not saying there isn't a market, they just clearly feel like it's small enough it's not worth it.
I think i read somewhere that less then 10% of orders were for higher trim level hemis, and this is why dealers dont stock them.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I thought I read on another thread that it is back on the Longhorn for 2024…

markd100

Reaction score
I thought I read on another thread that it is back on the Longhorn for 2024…
A few window stickers say yes, the ordering guide says no, so is it some that fell thru the cracks? Or a new guide is out? Who knows......

tchur1

Reaction score
A few window stickers say yes, the ordering guide says no, so is it some that fell thru the cracks? Or a new guide is out? Who knows......
Likely a new guide that hasnt been published yet, ram would allow a few to just "slip through the cracks"

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
I think i read somewhere that less then 10% of orders were for higher trim level hemis, and this is why dealers dont stock them.
Which is basically telling people who do want an HD luxury truck with a gas engine to go elsewhere. Makes no sense as they are all built on the same assembly line. They don't really save anything. Probably another money grab as there is higher margin on selling the Cummins.

Razzman

Reaction score
So this simply my take on this. I've had my 2020 Limited for almost three years now and every time I get in it I smile. What I don't get is the complaining about the lack of a new cab, what exactly are you expecting that you don't have now? It's not like the 1500 interior is all that different on the new trucks. Trim levels will probably be the same or close so there's no real benefit there. It's not like a new cab design is going to affect the mechanicals or how it runs. So it's purely an aesthetics thing? I don't exactly consider mine outdated and I actually prefer it to the box & angular shapes of the Ford or Chevys, I actually think the chevy is the ugliest thing I've seen in quite awhile. I'm just curious is all.

Finn5033

Reaction score
So this simply my take on this. I've had my 2020 Limited for almost three years now and every time I get in it I smile. What I don't get is the complaining about the lack of a new cab, what exactly are you expecting that you don't have now? It's not like the 1500 interior is all that different on the new trucks. Trim levels will probably be the same or close so there's no real benefit there. It's not like a new cab design is going to affect the mechanicals or how it runs. So it's purely an aesthetics thing? I don't exactly consider mine outdated and I actually prefer it to the box & angular shapes of the Ford or Chevys, I actually think the chevy is the ugliest thing I've seen in quite awhile. I'm just curious is all.
The back seat in the 5th gen cabs is bigger and has a completely flat floor without having to use the fold flat floor. I want to say there is something like 9” more leg room. And having that flat floor is awesome for people like me who have a 125lb dog who is getting older and having a hard time getting up on top of that fold flat floor

Enve46

Reaction score
You're not wrong, however I've had 3 TRXs and the size you get in the rear with two young kids like mine basically meant Mega Cab which I love. I dont really need the diesel but I love having it. A Power Wagon is much more inline with what suits me but the cab size stopped me from that. Once I have something thats made my life easier its hard to give it up, Im a spoiled bitch hahaha. I do love my 19 Mega Cab but I am intrigued to see what the next gen PW will offer if the new cab is offered.

Razzman

Reaction score
You're not wrong, however I've had 3 TRXs and the size you get in the rear with two young kids like mine basically meant Mega Cab which I love. I dont really need the diesel but I love having it. A Power Wagon is much more inline with what suits me but the cab size stopped me from that. Once I have something thats made my life easier its hard to give it up, Im a spoiled bitch hahaha. I do love my 19 Mega Cab but I am intrigued to see what the next gen PW will offer if the new cab is offered.
I too wanted a Power Wagon, then I saw it's tow ratings and that stopped that one.

Tim_G

Reaction score
I'm definitely in the minority since I wish I could get a 2500 with either an extended cab or quad cab at biggest. Some of these huge cabs, while great for replacing the mini-van, make driving/parking in big cities almost impossible.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They are still selling tons of trucks they dont “NEED” to do anything. Besides the longer they keep the same styling and parts the more used parts become available for the people like myself who keep trucks for 15+ years

Users who are viewing this thread