Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram better come out with a a FULL fifth gen HD soon

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I know that Ram's half tons are miles ahead of their HD trucks. I'd still have that truck if I didn't need an HD, and I'd be in a Ram if they'd updated it.
There is nothing “miles ahead” you are comical

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
If you know how to read, put that to use and read the thread. I posted my opinion, and then replied to a couple people who felt the need to be jackasses...kind of like I'm doing with you right now.
Awww, now I'm sad. All I wanted was to impress you and for you to think I was cool!

Guess I'll just get drunk and break bottles behind Wawa.

wrvond

Reaction score
What does that mean? The Super Duty is objectively bigger, and feels bigger, than the Mega Cab. Plus, it doesn't look goofy as hell to get there. ;)

It means like what it sounds like it means. I've got over 300,000 miles in the driver's seat of a Super Duty and never found a good place to put my phone. The console is cavernous (I feel like I said that earlier) but only comes with a tiny little tray that easily falls down inside.
I think the console in my new Ram is on the ugly side quite frankly, and will eventually spend the 600 bucks or so to change to the Limited cup holder.
Grocery store trip in the Ford, everything goes in the floor of the back seat because the bottom of the back seat only flips up and the back of the seat, when flipped down, won't hold any weight and isn't actually flat. The back seat of the Ram not only folds flat it reclines !! That is amazing to me.
Funny thing about looking goofy. I think GMs squared off wheel wells look goofy, probably always will. When Ford changed to squared rear fenders on the duallies in 2017, I thought they looked goofy too. Once I bought one it kinda grew on me. When I first heard of Rams 12 inch touch screen I thought there'd be no way that couldn't look goofy but I was wrong. A Ram towing in moose mode looks fine to me, not towing looks very goofy. The outside mirrors on my 2006 Ford were pretty good, on my 2012 even better - on my 2017, they were awful. The mirrors I have now feel good. I get good coverage with amazing adjustability.
The whole remodel/update thing is one I'm not really qualified to rant about because this is my first Ram so everything about it is new to me. In 2017 when Ford revamped the Super Duty I was onboard with it. I love the aluminum body and the stronger frame. My truck never squeaked or rattled. I think guys that complain of too much plastic are fixated on the air vent surrounds because otherwise they seem to have about the same amount of plastic to me.
There are a couple things I miss - telescoping steering wheel, gear selection indicator are two. Tow/haul switch on the shift lever rather than below the radio makes more sense to me, but is not the end of the world.
I do like the suede inserts in the seats but I worry about longevity.
By the way, the interior of the Mega Cab is 145.2 cubic feet while the Ford Crew Cab (their largest) is 131.8 cubic feet.

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
It means like what it sounds like it means. I've got over 300,000 miles in the driver's seat of a Super Duty and never found a good place to put my phone. The console is cavernous (I feel like I said that earlier) but only comes with a tiny little tray that easily falls down inside.
I think the console in my new Ram is on the ugly side quite frankly, and will eventually spend the 600 bucks or so to change to the Limited cup holder.
Grocery store trip in the Ford, everything goes in the floor of the back seat because the bottom of the back seat only flips up and the back of the seat, when flipped down, won't hold any weight and isn't actually flat. The back seat of the Ram not only folds flat it reclines !! That is amazing to me.
Funny thing about looking goofy. I think GMs squared off wheel wells look goofy, probably always will. When Ford changed to squared rear fenders on the duallies in 2017, I thought they looked goofy too. Once I bought one it kinda grew on me. When I first heard of Rams 12 inch touch screen I thought there'd be no way that couldn't look goofy but I was wrong. A Ram towing in moose mode looks fine to me, not towing looks very goofy. The outside mirrors on my 2006 Ford were pretty good, on my 2012 even better - on my 2017, they were awful. The mirrors I have now feel good. I get good coverage with amazing adjustability.
The whole remodel/update thing is one I'm not really qualified to rant about because this is my first Ram so everything about it is new to me. In 2017 when Ford revamped the Super Duty I was onboard with it. I love the aluminum body and the stronger frame. My truck never squeaked or rattled. I think guys that complain of too much plastic are fixated on the air vent surrounds because otherwise they seem to have about the same amount of plastic to me.
There are a couple things I miss - telescoping steering wheel, gear selection indicator are two. Tow/haul switch on the shift lever rather than below the radio makes more sense to me, but is not the end of the world.
By the way, the interior of the Mega Cab is 145.2 cubic feet while the Ford Crew Cab (their largest) is 131.8 cubic feet.
I can't comment on a 2006 or 2012 Super Duty. I was in Sierras back then. We were planning to order a new 3500 Longhorn, but the interior felt like a big downgrade from our 1500 Laramie. Our Lariat is comparable. My biggest complaint for my Ford is the heated steering wheel control. Not a bad problem to have if that's the worst thing.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
<SNIP>

Easily enabled with AlfaOBD. Also if you tape the gear lockout - after startup.

wrvond

Reaction score
Easily enabled with AlfaOBD. Also if you tape the gear lockout - after startup.

I've used the tapping method to enable it and seems to work well enough, but it's just not the same - petty, I know. I have read on here about AlfaOBD and am tempted to buy. I paid for Forscan for my Super Duty and used it early on to make some "improvements" and then never touched it again. AlfaOBD would probably be more of the same for me. For that reason I'm planning to post an ad in the classifieds for somebody reasonably close by willing to make that, and maybe other, change(s) for cash or beer. I'm getting some seat time to make a list of the things I'd like to change to take care of it all at once.

regal2800

Reaction score
Stelantis just released a video of the 2025 ram 1500. Maybe they are doing the same for the HD? It's still 2023 and they are releasing 2025 images???

adam9936

Reaction score
I looked at every brand, including Nissan and Toyota when I was looking for my last truck.

Nobody is "wrong" because it's their opinion on how the layout feels, the interior/exterior looks, and what their own preference is. I actually totally agree @wrvond That the mega cab Ram feels like it has more usable space. Now I'm not quoting exact in³ or anything, but to me it feels better and more spacious, and if I'm the one driving it, that is what matters most. Also opinion, but I feel like the interior of the Ford (even the platinum) feels cheaper than my longhorn and just isn't my style. Even the kids got in the Ford in the backseat and immediately said no it was uncomfortable and "musty design" (which apparently means ugly).

Hell if the Toyota could tow like the Rams I probably would have ended up with the 1794 Tundra, although their interior mix between all the western styling leather and "futuristic" plastic/metal trim is a little odd.

In summary, you don't seem to be here to actually have productive conversation, the perception you're giving off is you're a Ford fan boy that is getting off on trolling here like a douche bag, and then surprised when people in a Ram forum aren't all over your nuts about the Superduty. So are we here for the Ram "circle jerk", yes we are, that's why we're on a Ram HD specific forum. So take you're little Ford preteen temper tantrum somewhere else, maybe go bother the Chevy guys, that's a classic rivalry.

(And maybe people have brand loyalty because it's, gasp, the brand that builds what they like!)
well said lol

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Stelantis just released a video of the 2025 ram 1500. Maybe they are doing the same for the HD? It's still 2023 and they are releasing 2025 images???

Thats just a new front clip by the looks of it

4FishLimit

Reaction score
Thats just a new front clip by the looks of it
Yep, same chassis/body, so just a mid cycle refresh of the front end.

The big news for the 2025 1500’s is the revamped power trains.

Base 3.6 sticks around, no more Hemi, 2 flavors of twin turbo I6 and the gas/electric power train option that uses a 3.6 to power an onboard generator that can be used to recharge the electric motor battery pack on the go.

The latter is not technically a hybrid as the gas engine doesn’t provide any motive force to the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread