Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ProClip USA No-drill phone mount

Ruffone

Reaction score
Correct, just clips on and has a very small strip of two sided tape on the vent side. It’s solid, no movement at all. Only thing I wish was different is the angle was more towards the driver.
You can always go with ProClips tray mount that uses the factory screw holes in the dash try. That way you don’t have to worry about removing that nasty double sided tape and you can turn it anyway you’d like. Once you mount it, position it and tighten everything up it won’t budge. The best mount that I have ever found and used.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Not sure why you would need a phone mount? Once the phone it plugged in, I don't look at it again and can access what I need through AA.

npurdy1112

Reaction score
Not sure why you would need a phone mount? Once the phone it plugged in, I don't look at it again and can access what I need through AA.

I have the same mount and will agree with the quality and ease of install. Excellent product.

I have a mount to try and be a little more hands free. With a base tradesman I don't have the fancy screens and navigation and so on. With the phone on the mount and able to rotate 90 degrees, it works well for that purpose.

Hstone556

Reaction score
It’s not just a means to make Audio calls for me, I use it to FaceTime my GF and my daughter sometimes and having a solid mount makes the most sense to me.

Hstone556

Reaction score
You can always go with ProClips tray mount that uses the factory screw holes in the dash try. That way you don’t have to worry about removing that nasty double sided tape and you can turn it anyway you’d like. Once you mount it, position it and tighten everything up it won’t budge. The best mount that I have ever found and used.

I’ll be using that mount as well, to use as a dock for my Garmin InReach Explorer+. It was most useful traveling through zones with no service. The cradle in my Tacoma was ideal, I’m happy someone makes solid products for the Ram as well.
1577906973013.jpeg

E-Rod

Reaction score
the only thing is now missing is
a bluetooth carplay ...
I got one of those CarPlay things from China. Works perfect. However it does like an install and thought for sec it was gonna download a virus or something...I was sure to give them a positive rating when the auto-email for rating was requested LOL

el_barto

Reaction score
I have the ProClip in my truck as well, but not with the integrated connector.
Very happy with it; it’s absolutely rock solid, even offroad. Only negative is that it does block the airflow from that vent a bit

B7C89248-5F1C-48ED-9517-1E9BD9754F76.jpeg

John Jensen

Reaction score

That's a great mount, probably the best. However, they don't have one for a truck with the 12" screen.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
It’s not just a means to make Audio calls for me, I use it to FaceTime my GF and my daughter sometimes and having a solid mount makes the most sense to me.
you’re one of those people that makes video calls while driving? Stay home if you want to make a video conference.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Proclip has a pedestal mount now for 12" screen trucks, but I prefer the RAM mount system (also had lots of it.)

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ram mount bases. I used one that had to be cut down a bit and holes drilled to match the dash cubby. Longer screws and Bob's yer uncle.

Top level page for B size mounts and parts

John Jensen

Reaction score
Hopefully, you are stopping off hiway in a safe place when you are Facetiming.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Proclip has a pedestal mount now for 12" screen trucks, but I prefer the RAM mount system (also had lots of it.)

Ram mount bases. I used one that had to be cut down a bit and holes drilled to match the dash cubby. Longer screws and Bob's yer uncle.

Top level page for B size mounts and parts
X2 on the ram brand mounts. I have one in my crawler, phone didn’t budge when I rolled three times. Cheaper mounts have snapped right off on just large bumps

Users who are viewing this thread