Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

avanders

Reaction score
i wouldnt be apposed to this! over the last 14 yrs of owning diesel trucks, total of 6 ordered trucks i have found sales people becoming less and less trustworthy and vehicle purchasing becoming more of a serious math game on our parts to ensure were not being screwed. I used to generally put down large sums of money at pickup day to lessen monthly payments however i swiftly learned that sometimes that all dosent go towards the truck! caught the dealer at the time trying to pocket 1000$ of that downpayment..... there excuse was "additional administrative fees for re-writing paperwork" after ordering a 95,000$ truck from them. After that i wait till financing is in place and i pay the bank directly and have my monthly payments changed. I think after this many trucks ive litereally heard every excuse and tactic from dealers to attempt to extract another 14 cents out of you. Another good one! oh we pulled your car fax and we see that you hit a deer and needed the bumper replaced a year ago? yaaa since that was a 3000$ repair its our policy we have to remove 1000$ from your trade in. SO youve already ordered a truck, waited 3-4 months for it, already have that new car smell in your nose OF COURSE your not going to say no even if it aggrivates the snot out of you.

If i could buy a vehicle directly from Ram i would in a heart beat, being in business, if i tried to pull half the crap some of these dealers do, id be out of business so fast itd make my head spin. Of course this isnt all dealers, we generally use our family friend who owns a large dealership who sticks by his numbers no matter what, no frills, hidden crap. I thought this time id try someone else who was showing big time interest in my business, its been ok, but also not trouble free.

Oddly enough when i ordered my truck i tried to negociate bit off MSRP, and was basically told nope MSRP is best we can do. Then half way through values started to change with trade ins, and my paperwork wasnt so "concrete" anymore. I told them straight up those werent the numbers i agreed to when i ordered, and i wasnt warned anything could change., and that id walk, so all of the sudden they start hammering the new truck with discounts to keep my payments the same.
That has been my experience in the past as well. I thank you for the input. I hope I can land on a good price.

jebruns

Reaction score
I ordered from Granger yesterday. I tried my local guy, and the best he would do was $500 off MSRP. Granger is about 3 hours away, we have friends and family in IA, so a short fun road trip when we go to pickup. My local guy did ask if I would still use them for service, and I said I would. We'll see...
I think some/most dealers are feeling the pinch and still in the old mold of salesmanship. I believe that in less than 5 years, most auto sales will be via internet, and "special" or unique order/sales. Sure there will be vehicles on lots, but most will be the white Tradesman type. Auto sales reps as we know them today will be gone, just my opinions...
I priced out both Granger and Mark Dodge when I ordered mine. They were almost identical, both doing the 4% off invoice thing. I went with Granger because it's about 3 hours closer. Picked it up 2 weeks ago, saved more than $13K compared to the window sticker. Very seamless transaction, had me in and out quickly. They will pick you up at the Des Moines airport too, I guess. Nothing wrong with Mark Dodge, but I'd think Granger would be a much shorter trip home to the PNW. Looks like about 600 miles closer to Portland.

Ironsides77

Reaction score
I priced out both Granger and Mark Dodge when I ordered mine. They were almost identical, both doing the 4% off invoice thing. I went with Granger because it's about 3 hours closer. Picked it up 2 weeks ago, saved more than $13K compared to the window sticker. Very seamless transaction, had me in and out quickly. They will pick you up at the Des Moines airport too, I guess. Nothing wrong with Mark Dodge, but I'd think Granger would be a much shorter trip home to the PNW. Looks like about 600 miles closer to Portland.
When I got my quote from granger they were unable to order a truck for me without the Ram boxes. Nothing bad to say about them but my experience with MD was better.

Glad they worked out for you!

jebruns

Reaction score
When I got my quote from granger they were unable to order a truck for me without the Ram boxes. Nothing bad to say about them but my experience with MD was better.

Glad they worked out for you!
Understand. I've heard nothing but good about Mark Dodge.

As an aside, the HD I just picked up from them has Ramboxes.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Has anyone checked in with the Bud Clary dealerships lately to see if they are offering their old deals again? Just a thought for those ordering in the PNW.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Picking up an in stock (on the lot) 22 2500 big horn for 8.5% off from MD. I could have gotten 7 off locally on an order of 10.5 off with an order at MD but no 5 month + wait and what they had was 95% what I would have ordered anyways. So it’s worth the 1k to not wait longer in my eyes.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Picking up an in stock (on the lot) 22 2500 big horn for 8.5% off from MD. I could have gotten 7 off locally on an order of 10.5 off with an order at MD but no 5 month + wait and what they had was 95% what I would have ordered anyways. So it’s worth the 1k to not wait longer in my eyes.

thats definitely pretty good on a truck sitting on the lot. Took a look at their website and they had em all discounted vs MSRP like a few months ago

Last edited:

lawrence1

Reaction score
what is the current going rate for discounts from MD and Granger on a $86k build (Laramie 3500 CCSB 4x4)? 10% off MSRP/ 12% off MSRP? I know Granger offers 4% under invoice, so is that 10% under MSRP? What does Mark Dodge offer? These trucks are getting pricey.

thanks!

Greg10yes

Reaction score
what is the current going rate for discounts from MD and Granger on a $86k build (Laramie 3500 CCSB 4x4)? 10% off MSRP/ 12% off MSRP? I know Granger offers 4% under invoice, so is that 10% under MSRP? What does Mark Dodge offer? These trucks are getting pricey.

thanks!
I just ordered a 3500 SRW limited, here is the deal I got from Granger. The MSRP is $98,090. The Invoice Price is $91,423. The sale price is $87,571.20. Our only two fees are a $180 documentation fee and a $45 transit tag fee. You will pay sales tax, title, license in your own state.

Thisnthat

Reaction score

thanks!

both Mark Dodge and Granger are generally ~11% off MSRP plus or minus a couple 10ths ...not a lot of rebates out there but if you have an affiliate control number you'll be buying 2-3 grand under affiliate price, but I know MD offers an additional $500 if you have a control number

lawrence1

Reaction score
I just ordered a 3500 SRW limited, here is the deal I got from Granger. The MSRP is $98,090. The Invoice Price is $91,423. The sale price is $87,571.20. Our only two fees are a $180 documentation fee and a $45 transit tag fee. You will pay sales tax, title, license in your own state.

both Mark Dodge and Granger are generally ~11% off MSRP plus or minus a couple 10ths ...not a lot of rebates out there but if you have an affiliate control number you'll be buying 2-3 grand under affiliate price, but I know MD offers an additional $500 if you have a control number

Awesome! thank you for the info!

kevin588127

Reaction score
Awesome! thank you for the info!
There is also a Pennfed credit union or a military discount. Either are good for 500 but cannot combine. I tried like hell to get a ram cash flyer sent to me but could never get one. My co worker got one for 1500 off and he has no intention of ever buying a new truck, lol

lawrence1

Reaction score
There is also a Pennfed credit union or a military discount. Either are good for 500 but cannot combine. I tried like hell to get a ram cash flyer sent to me but could never get one. My co worker got one for 1500 off and he has no intention of ever buying a new truck, lol
helpful. thank you!

rfs830

Reaction score
Well the local dealer I talked to said they will so 2% under invoice so going to put a order in this weekend. Im in florida. Will have to look over the order form. I did order a 23 F450 but being that it will take so long to get and we needed a truck do to getting a rv due to Ian, i think the 3500 will be perfect.

Fred_Cage

Reaction score
Found a dealer here in Tennessee that will do 6% under invoice. They beat Mark Dodges price plus gave me way more on trade.
Ya, I'd like to know as well. Depending on where in TN, it is about the same drive for me as Mark Dodge and as much as half the drive as Granger or Ziegler.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Ya, I'd like to know as well. Depending on where in TN, it is about the same drive for me as Mark Dodge and as much as half the drive as Granger or Ziegler.
Mt. Juliet, TN. Close to Nashville. If y’all want my sales guy let me know.

***location is Antioch not Mt Juliet. Still very close to Nashville

Last edited:

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Mt. Juliet, TN. Close to Nashville. If y’all want my sales guy let me know.

guess they have a couple competitive dealers there in Mt Juliet....your dealer (Freeland) is different than the one that has been mentioned on here a few times (Rockie WIlliams) - both in Mt Juliet...at least gives everyone a few more options

Users who are viewing this thread