Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JimKIII

Reaction score
Thought I'd chime in here. I've recently been shopping around and came across Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. They said they would ship the truck to me and I only pay tax in my state! The offer sheet is below for reference. Any thoughts here would really be appreciated!
As others have stated, the build sheet with options is good to know. You'll find lots of excellent remarks about MD here. They gave me 12% below MSRP. The savings paid my state sales tax, the flight from Seattle to New Orleans, ten motels to drive back 3,000 miles (I took the long route), $800 in fuel, and still left me with a couple grand extra. At the time, the cost to ship my truck from them to me was going to be about $2500, but no one took the bait so I flew down and had a wonderful road trip back.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Thought I'd chime in here. I've recently been shopping around and came across Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. They said they would ship the truck to me and I only pay tax in my state! The offer sheet is below for reference. Any thoughts here would really be appreciated!
What was MSRP on this? I'm trying to get an idea of just how much I could save by ordering. Oh, have wait times changed recently on units ordered now that sales are tanking, I'm thinking the long six months waits might be depending upon chip availability...

Redfour5

Reaction score
I went to "build" one on the Ram build site and in the morning I could put a Rambox on. In the afternoon I went in and it was not available... Would a dealership be the same situation? Has this happened to anyone else?

kevin588127

Reaction score
I went to "build" one on the Ram build site and in the morning I could put a Rambox on. In the afternoon I went in and it was not available... Would a dealership be the same situation? Has this happened to anyone else?
When I ordered my 22 the rambox was shown available through the online build site. Went I sent the build off for quotes, granger said I couldn't get the rambox but mark dodge was able to order my truck with it. Back then, the build site was pretty inaccurate on availability and pricing. Also, it seems that dealers may get different availability or allocations.

jebruns

Reaction score
Would be interested to see if MD is matching Koons 6.5% off MSRP now…
No idea, but remember to consider fees and conditions into the deal too. Koons fees are very high, at least compared to Granger. And some have reported they have financing requirements too. Look at the total picture to make sure it's the right deal for you.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
No idea, but remember to consider fees and conditions into the deal too. Koons fees are very high, at least compared to Granger. And some have reported they have financing requirements too. Look at the total picture to make sure it's the right deal for you.

Distance is always a huge consideration. This current 6.5% off does not require financing, is price protected. Their fees are $850ish (unless there is something im missing) and MD isn’t much less at $450ish. $300 difference is around 4/10 a percent on a 70k msrp.

bhal212

Reaction score
Distance is always a huge consideration. This current 6.5% off does not require financing, is price protected. Their fees are $850ish (unless there is something im missing) and MD isn’t much less at $450ish. $300 difference is around 4/10 a percent on a 70k msrp.
I think my build sheet said $895. I'm about three hours from Koons. Now, I might get a better price from one of the others, but a few hours driving up the interstate with my wife and back in a new truck isn't a bad day. A 3 or 4 day road trip somewhere without the kids just requires a significant amount of planning and a cost that is much higher than the fees.

Every retail organization in the world has had plenty of satisfied and dissatisfied customers. If they were terrible all the time, they would not be able to afford any discounts.

Choogs

Reaction score
Well the local dealer I talked to said they will so 2% under invoice so going to put a order in this weekend. Im in florida. Will have to look over the order form. I did order a 23 F450 but being that it will take so long to get and we needed a truck do to getting a rv due to Ian, i think the 3500 will be perfect.
Which dealer, please?

snipeallevil

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm based in Cincinnati. I previously ordered a PW from my local dealer, but had to turn it down due to family stuff. But I'm ready to order again, and unfortunately my dealer isn't willing to deal anymore. So I'm looking for dealers within a day's drive to order from.

Also ordered and bought a Jeep 392XR for my wife through this dealer a couple of weeks ago. Really kinda surprised they're not willing to deal again.

Thanks

Savage99ss

Reaction score
I’m 6% under invoice at my dealer in Nashville TN. I’d cancel the Jeep order if I was you.

snipeallevil

Reaction score
I’m 6% under invoice at my dealer in Nashville TN. I’d cancel the Jeep order if I was you.
Jeep is already in the driveway. We did way better than msrp. But not as good as we would’ve liked, like free better. Oh well.

Is it Freeland CDJR? I’ve sent them an email and a few others.

When I ordered the first one, it was going to be $250 over employee. But couldn’t take it due to missing a bunch of work, because of my dad having cancer and passing. This one they’re wanting $500 over invoice. No dice for me.

jebruns

Reaction score
If the Nashville one does not work out, looks like Granger near Des Moines, IA is about 8.5 hours drive from Cinncy. They are at 4% under invoice on ordered trucks, and no hassles. The drive to pick up my 22 from them was about 7 hours. Well worth it, IMO.

snipeallevil

Reaction score
If the Nashville one does not work out, looks like Granger near Des Moines, IA is about 8.5 hours drive from Cinncy. They are at 4% under invoice on ordered trucks, and no hassles. The drive to pick up my 22 from them was about 7 hours. Well worth it, IMO.
Looks like Freeland is out. Most are out. Closest I’ve got to “free”, is invoice from one near Cleveland. Granger hit it out of the park! Looks like I’ll be going with them most likely.

Wondering if I should even bother with my local dealer again?

kevin588127

Reaction score
Looks like Freeland is out. Most are out. Closest I’ve got to “free”, is invoice from one near Cleveland. Granger hit it out of the park! Looks like I’ll be going with them most likely.

Have you tried mark dodge? Doesn't look like much more of a drive. They bent over backwards to accommodate me in picking my truck up. For me, that meant meeting me at the Houston airport and bringing me to the dealer. Saved me a hotel stay, a rental car and was able to get a super cheap airline ticket into houston. They would have also delivered the truck to me there. Great experience all around. Their price was the same as granger but for some reason, granger couldn't get me the ram box and mark dodge could.

Savage99ss

Reaction score

What did they tell u?

jebruns

Reaction score

You never know. 6 months ago, they'd have laughed you out of the showroom. But things are changing now. Lots are starting to fill up again, interest rates are scaring some buyer away, etc. Might be worth a shot. But get any deal in writing, including things like the ordered price is the final price, refundable deposit, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread