Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powerwagon light bar options?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the Randy Ellis light bar.

Thinking of just making my own bar. I've seen a few designs I like, they just dont make them for the newer Rams

mountainears

Reaction score
I added some new shots to my BD thread showing the light pattern after I adjusted them. Very happy with that.

Interested in seeing yours all lit up :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
@Chris85xlt and @Cycleman4

And specific reason you went with 4 lights vice 5?

How much clearance between the grill and the back of the light?

I've been looking at the Rigid Adapt XP Extreme lights. Was thinking 3 adapt lights in the center, set up in adapt mode. Then 2 adapt lights on the ends, set up mainly in wide beam mode, pointed slightly out.
Looks like they would fit as they are 6" lights. They may stand out at little more as they are 3.65" deep. But the mounting bracket is towards the rear of the light.

They are 9384 lumens vs 7260

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
@Chris85xlt and @Cycleman4

And specific reason you went with 4 lights vice 5?

How much clearance between the grill and the back of the light?

I've been looking at the Rigid Adapt XP Extreme lights. Was thinking 3 adapt lights in the center, set up in adapt mode. Then 2 adapt lights on the ends, set up mainly in wide beam mode, pointed slightly out.
Looks like they would fit as they are 6" lights. They may stand out at little more as they are 3.65" deep. But the mounting bracket is towards the rear of the light.

They are 9384 lumens vs 7260
Went with 4 cause they’re sold in pairs

I got the KC Slimlite cause of their thin profile. I’ll go measure in a bit

C852CBBB-80E7-4119-8ABC-3B50280D605E.jpeg

n0arp

Reaction score
Those look great but can see they aren't the KC slims -- what are they? Here in Canada the KC's are stupid pricey. It would be about $1800 for 4.

I thought they looked familiar, so I checked the knockoffs on Amazon and they appear to be the BIGLION.X 7" lights. They're around $90/pr which is much more reasonable, even if they don't have quite the light output or lifespan. I ended up ordering a set in clear and a set in amber last night to mimic @Cycleman4 on my '22, as they look really good on his truck.

I generally avoid no-names and knockoffs, but at 10% of the price I've usually settled on the knockoffs for lights... they have served me very well on three trucks and a Jeep.

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
Awesome thank you! That's not too bad at all. I'm only planning on 2 lights, so if I put them where your outer two are they should be even less of an impact.
The outter lights also had about 1/2 of space between the grill and back of the light.

Looking from under the bumper u can see the mounting bolts for the lights. Can reach with an extension
Middle lights same thing with an extension and thread it through the winch.
FB936FCB-C8BA-43BE-AB09-B553F84CC389.jpeg
FDB84B1C-6158-4EAC-A2A4-1F619FEC2F2C.jpeg
297B2BD5-89A3-4318-85CA-5AF6538FA2BC.jpeg

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
Here is my final revision (I think) for a light set up. Five each of the SS5 Pro lights (varied beam patterns) mounted on a Randy Ellis bar. I originally had this set up as a linked bar but it adds a good amount of width between each light and I just didn't trust the weight with 5 of these lights.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 77

JeepingNet

Reaction score
Thanks @Chris85xlt , for those under-bumper pictures! I thought I'd have to remove the bumper or maybe even use nutserts, but that looks very doable.

Going to install my switchpod thing this weekend and look at getting lights next week.

Thanks

n0arp

Reaction score
We have a seasonal RV site for the winter, and were due to leave when our 2020 JLUR went into the shop for warranty repairs. After seven weeks of them throwing parts at it, and various delays, we gave up and traded it for a used 2022 Power Wagon w/ 5K miles, so we can hit the road hopefully next weekend. I've been in a rush to get it built out so we can leave. That said, I got the lights on today. It's also on 37x12.50 Toyo MTs with a front air dam delete. I'm still waiting on a female four pin electrical connector to finish up the flat tow setup, but the Blue Ox baseplate, Demco Air Force One braking system, and tail lights are wired up... you can see how that is looking as well. The white/green/yellow/brown wire will be replaced by that female connector, which will be black and blend in with the rest of the front.

The lighting decisions were based on @Cycleman4's results, I listed the lights used elsewhere in this thread and spaced them 10" apart, and 2" from the back of the bumper.

Airlift 5000/ Daystar cradles installed today too.

Attachments

• IMG_6485.jpeg
    IMG_6485.jpeg
    726.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6486.jpeg
    IMG_6486.jpeg
    628.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

unxpctd

Reaction score
Updating an older but ongoing thread. I had several lights put on my '21 PW 75A this last weekend.

BD 7 light Linkable on front bumper
(2) Morimoto 4 Banger ditch lights on A-Pillar
(2) Morimoto 2 Banger flood lights on rear lower bumper (to be used as extra reverse lights / working on camper lights)
1- set of 4 Lux under neath lights ( will probably add another 4 soon ).
All put on a Switch Pro's 9100.

Install went fine...except for the BD front light. Turned out great...but it was a pain. I had a professional do it...and he had issues at first but tacked them all and got it done. It's an impressive set up.
I have room on my 9100 for 3 more sets of lights / etc. More to come in the future I'm sure!

I'll get some pics posted in the next few days.

Thanks for all the ideas and inspiration. I use my truck for off grid camping in the west...and I retire in 1 year and will be doing much more of that so wanted to deck out the PW with some proper lights.

hwy361

Reaction score
Starting to dress my 2022. Does anyone have an interior shot of the control panel mounting?

Aaandroger

Reaction score
Starting to dress my 2022. Does anyone have an interior shot of the control panel mounting?
Depends what control panel you plan on getting. I have a trigger 4

20230220_144336.jpg

Mounted with magnets, but find that I use the app more than the switches.

Users who are viewing this thread