Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powerwagon light bar options?

Aaandroger

Reaction score
I just ordered this one?

If you use code “USA” you get 10 percent off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh. Overpriced IMHO. I like the DRL, but my Amazon light bar and trigger 4 cost as much as just that light bar.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Cheap option with easy install

Andersen24

Reaction score
OK so I searched but like usual, I am sure I entered the wrong search terms. I am waiting for my LP4’s (along with my XL Linkable and Squadron Pro’s) to arrive and am installing them as a-pillar lights. The LP4’s have an amber back light as shown below. I was thinking of using the marker lights wiring to power the amber back light on the LP4 so they are illuminated when the markers are on. Does anyone know the wire color and location for the markers? Is there a better or easier wire any of y’all know of? Thanks!27ECF885-F013-4735-969C-0B4151221C4A.jpeg

Last edited:

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
OK so I searched but like usual, I am sure I entered the wrong search terms. I am waiting for my LP4’s (along with my XL Linkable and Squadron Pro’s) to arrive and am installing them as a-pillar lights. The LP4’s have an amber back light as shown below. I was thinking of using the marker lights wiring to power the amber back light on the LP4 so they are illuminated when the markers are on. Does anyone know the wire color and location for the markers? Is there a better or easier wire any of y’all know of? Thanks!View attachment 51004
if those are the same as on my buddy’s TRX and I think they are, that backlight is brighter than S and will probably get you pulled over if on all the time.

LsDelancy

Reaction score
Does anyone want to share how they wired the trigger for the lights (I'm assuming a relay was used) and switch install if one was added?
Also, does anyone with a front facing camera have the Randy Ellis light bar and does it interfere?

Andersen24

Reaction score
Does anyone want to share how they wired the trigger for the lights (I'm assuming a relay was used) and switch install if one was added?
Also, does anyone with a front facing camera have the Randy Ellis light bar and does it interfere?
I would say most people are using either the Switch-Pro 9100 or the Auxbeam AR-800. Both are solid state and make future wiring super simple. I have both of the controls. I have had the Switch-Pro for about a year, and just installed the Auxbeam. I can tell you the Switch-Pro is top notch and American made, I just installed the Auxbeam so can‘t really give any long term impressions. So far I am happy with it, but it has literally just been a couple of days. The one difference I like on the SP9100 is you can control your lights from your phone whether the truck is running or not. The Auxbeam allows you to control your lights as well, but you have to have ACC switched on for it to power up. Also the 9100 is better supported for aftermarket mounting, etc. The SP9100 runs $599.00 and the Auxbeam you can get from their site for $219.99 if you use the coupon code “NY50.” Good luck!

Last edited:

Poolmonkey

Reaction score

Relays and switches here, as always. No desire for additional wads of printed circuits in this thing, especially when they run something simple as lights.

LsDelancy

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the Ram OEM auxiliary switch kit is not available for the PW, is that correct?

Does anyone have the Randy Ellis light bar and a forward facing camera?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Someone had the randy Ellis bar. they said you can see the top of the lights, but it doesen't impede. I beleive its back on one of the first few pages of this thread.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Randy Ellis light bar and a forward facing camera?
I do. No pics at the moment, but can work on that.

Someone had the randy Ellis bar. they said you can see the top of the lights, but it doesen't impede. I beleive its back on one of the first few pages of this thread.
Correct, the lightbar is visible, and on screen it looks larger than the bumper itself, but the camera is still usable.

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
OK so I searched but like usual, I am sure I entered the wrong search terms. I am waiting for my LP4’s (along with my XL Linkable and Squadron Pro’s) to arrive and am installing them as a-pillar lights. The LP4’s have an amber back light as shown below. I was thinking of using the marker lights wiring to power the amber back light on the LP4 so they are illuminated when the markers are on. Does anyone know the wire color and location for the markers? Is there a better or easier wire any of y’all know of? Thanks!

Tap into fuse F79 in the fuse box under the hood. Thats the marker light fuse.

el_barto

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the Ram OEM auxiliary switch kit is not available for the PW, is that correct?
Correct. I recall someone said the interior connector that would be used for the aux switches is taken by the lockers…but it seems the Rebel also cannot have the aux switches when optioned with the winch so maybe it has to do with the big gauge wires on the battery going to the auxiliary fuse box or something is taken by the winch wires.

cucamelsmd15@

Reaction score
Correct. I recall someone said the interior connector that would be used for the aux switches is taken by the lockers…but it seems the Rebel also cannot have the aux switches when optioned with the winch so maybe it has to do with the big gauge wires on the battery going to the auxiliary fuse box or something is taken by the winch wires.
This is partially correct. The panel itself, yes, it's compatible as in it fits. You will have to do one-off wiring and relay box to make it work though. Unless you are just desperate for the OEM look, the Switch pros actually works out cheaper and headache free in the end.

LsDelancy

Reaction score
Funny how it makes the light bar look huge in the overhead view!
I'll have to think on this...

Thanks!

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Tap into fuse F79 in the fuse box under the hood. Thats the marker light fuse.
Can I assume this is the same fuse port for all HD models with cabover lights? I'm putting together lights for my 2500 cummins and would like to do something similar.

KnuckleHead

Reaction score
Can I assume this is the same fuse port for all HD models with cabover lights? I'm putting together lights for my 2500 cummins and would like to do something similar.
Dont know that one. Never owned a cummins. Sorryl.

Users who are viewing this thread