Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powerwagon light bar options?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Nice.
So it doesent fit in the gap. Just sets in front of it.
Just wondering if it could fit behind the gap
Or I guess one could notch the grill to get it to set back flush.
My biggest worry is someone stealing it since my truck wont fit in my garage. Too long.

Greenhills

Reaction score
Nice.
My biggest worry is someone stealing it since my truck wont fit in my garage. Too long.
25", single row LED fits right snug in the space between the grill and the bumper.

Aykillah

Reaction score
Nice.
I'm sure you could make it fit in the gap, the only issue I see is adjusting it. I'm on the hunt for some security screws on amazon for that reason, I also want to reduce the amount of silver hardware.

loveracing1988

Reaction score

So this store has a model that is sold out right now that does fit in the gap between the fender and the grill. I wish I would have taken a screenshot before it sold out.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score

So this store has a model that is sold out right now that does fit in the gap between the fender and the grill. I wish I would have taken a screenshot before it sold out.
That gap allows air flow to the seperate cooler back there. It's either trans or oil. Seems to be the major source of air flow for that cooler. I would think carefully about how much you want to block it.

I just ordered these and will mount them directly to the bumper. They are huge so it will be intersting to see how they look on the PW lol.

Aykillah

Reaction score
That gap allows air flow to the seperate cooler back there. It's either trans or oil. Seems to be the major source of air flow for that cooler. I would think carefully about how much you want to block it.

I just ordered these and will mount them directly to the bumper. They are huge so it will be intersting to see how they look on the PW lol.
I was looking at those and was thinking about doing 4 across but without reviews I was kinda hesitant. I’ve used AuxBeam led bulbs in all my my vehicles, but those bulbs were never exposed to elements. I’m hoping they work well for you and definitely post up some pics when done.

I just finished my front ditch lights with a triangular set of AuxBeam lights and they’re very well made and bright.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I was looking at those and was thinking about doing 4 across but without reviews I was kinda hesitant. I’ve used AuxBeam led bulbs in all my my vehicles, but those bulbs were never exposed to elements. I’m hoping they work well for you and definitely post up some pics when done.

I just finished my front ditch lights with a triangular set of AuxBeam lights and they’re very well made and bright.

I’m only doing two across since they are so big. I went with the 9” versions. I went with their switch panel too and was surprised by the initial quality of that kit.

I’m trying to find something I can use as a cover for them to protect them when not in use.

I’ll mount some ditch lights, but on the side of my rack instead of at the A-pillars.

Aykillah

Reaction score
I’m only doing two across since they are so big. I went with the 9” versions. I went with their switch panel too and was surprised by the initial quality of that kit.

I’m trying to find something I can use as a cover for them to protect them when not in use.

I’ll mount some ditch lights, but on the side of my rack instead of at the A-pillars.
Gotcha, 2 should be sufficient with the amount of lumens they put out.

I have the 8 gang switch panel from them and it’s been awesome so far. The only issue I had was which fuse to tap to get the light to auto dim.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Gotcha, 2 should be sufficient with the amount of lumens they put out.

I have the 8 gang switch panel from them and it’s been awesome so far. The only issue I had was which fuse to tap to get the light to auto dim.

I have a second AGM deep cycle battery so I just wired the switch panel and the ACC wire directly to the second battery. That way I can use my accessories even with the truck off.

Auto dim still works. Only draw back is the backlight on the panel stays on 24/7. Draws hardly any power though.

If my truck were to sit for like a month I would just trip the circuit breaker to cut the power to the panel.

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread. But I ordered these from BD. I have them on my 21 Tacoma as well and can’t say enough good things about them!

Looks great! Do they mount with 4 rubber isolators to the bumper? I know they are the pod lights that bolt together, just curious on how they mount to the bumper.

Andersen24

Reaction score
Im not sure on the Ram since I havent received the Ram or the lights, but on my Tacoma they came with vehicle specific brackets that bolted up to factory bolts on the bumper subframe. They also came with another bracket that support the lights on the bumper subframe. On the Taco they’re a solid mount, knowing BD I am sure it is the same on the Ram.

Last edited:

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
Im not sure on the Ram since I havent received the Ram or the lights, but on my Tacoma they came with vehicle specific brackets that bolted up to factory bolts on the bumper subframe. They also came with another bracket that support the lights on the bumper subframe. On the Taco they’re a solid mount, know in BD I am sure it is the same on the Ram.
I just found this kit on the CJC site. Def looks like a bracket that mounts with/ to the pumper. Post up some pics when you get it installed please.

Andersen24

Reaction score
CJC Offroad uploaded a new video on YouTube picking up their topper. I took a screenshot of the video. I didnt see anything on their site talking about the install of the BD light bar, but here is a pic of it. I already ordered mine for my truck that should be here before the next election . I zoomed in and it looks like the sport lights. They are bright as heck on my Tacoma and that is only five. The PW one having seven I am sure is more than enough!

F75E92E2-E190-4266-AC82-77A9D8F0AFC7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread