Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered my Banks Pedal Monster today. What to expect?

lgarrison34

Reaction score
I followed the instructions and even tried to install it while the battery was unhooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cummins3

Reaction score
Does your reverse safety work on your truck mine doesn't seem to work??

Catmechanic

Reaction score
Where did you find it for $265. It looks like it is $295 everywhere. I also would need to buy the splitter so I can run my Amp steps.
Performance Truck Products. They had it to my door in 3 days.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Performance Truck Products. They had it to my door in 3 days.
Thanks. I ordered last Saturday from Amaxon. It shows it was shipped Monday and it was supposed to be here Wednesday or Thursday but I just now received a text message from Amazon that I have been issued a refund.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Do you have a idash? If yes can you put it on ped. monster and see what it says when u go into reverse. Mine doesn't change our say anything when in reverse and when I hit pedal it shows stock and banks pedal and feels like it whenever mode I have it in

sstoner911

Reaction score
Thanks. I ordered last Saturday from Amaxon. It shows it was shipped Monday and it was supposed to be here Wednesday or Thursday but I just now received a text message from Amazon that I have been issued a refund.

That is very weird.
Do you have a idash? If yes can you put it on ped. monster and see what it says when u go into reverse. Mine doesn't change our say anything when in reverse and when I hit pedal it shows stock and banks pedal and feels like it whenever mode I have it in

Ok I so I went outside and fired up the Android App for the pedal monster..threw it in reverse and sure enough the back up safety was NOT working.

You will have to click the reverse safety in the lower right corner...then select VEHICLE settings on the next page....select your vehicle ....and it should be fixed.

Attachments

• 1 banks.jpg
    1 banks.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 29
  • 2 banks.jpg
    2 banks.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 3 banks.jpg
    3 banks.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 28
  • 4 banks.jpg
    4 banks.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 28

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Turns out the Amazon seller canceled the order saying the Pedal Monster is not CARB compliant. The Pedal Monster is a throttle sensitivity controller, not an inline tuner or programmer. I assumed it doesn't need Kalifonia's blessing. I sent a message to Banks asking about it.

Catmechanic

Reaction score
Turns out the Amazon seller canceled the order saying the Pedal Monster is not CARB compliant. The Pedal Monster is a throttle sensitivity controller, not an inline tuner or programmer. I assumed it doesn't need Kalifonia's blessing. I sent a message to Banks asking about it.
Interesting since Banks is located in Cali

Cummins3

Reaction score
That is very weird.

Ok I so I went outside and fired up the Android App for the pedal monster..threw it in reverse and sure enough the back up safety was NOT working.

You will have to click the reverse safety in the lower right corner...then select VEHICLE settings on the next page....select your vehicle ....and it should be fixed.
Thank you

sstoner911

Reaction score

Not compliant because it doesn't have a sticker saying so? Pedal Monster has zero effect on emissions.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Not compliant because it doesn't have a sticker saying so? Pedal Monster has zero effect on emissions.
Basically, that would be the reason. Even If compliant, sticker is supposed to be displayed. Bunch of regulatory b.s.!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Anyone with a 2500 get the new pcm flash that came out in feb the throttle response is fixed from what i can tell on mine

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Anyone with a 2500 get the new pcm flash that came out in feb the throttle response is fixed from what i can tell on mine

That is great to hear. Did you go in and ask for it or did they do it because of complaints you had?

Have you tried giving it a bit of throttle, back off and then get back on the throttle? That is the delay that gets me. Also one I heard the Pedal Monster doesn't take care of.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That is great to hear. Did you go in and ask for it or did they do it because of complaints you had?

Have you tried giving it a bit of throttle, back off and then get back on the throttle? That is the delay that gets me. Also one I heard the Pedal Monster doesn't take care of.
I went in for other concerns but i did mention rough cold idle they told me about the update before i mentioned it though.... that throttle lag is gone too which is nice not that it affected me really

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is in the shop now getting a list of things done including HVAC and I asked them to install all the latest flash updates.

It will be interesting to see what improvements were made.

That reminds me I forgot to tell the SA I wanted a wiTECH scan report when they are done.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mine is in the shop now getting a list of things done including HVAC and I asked them to install all the latest flash updates.

It will be interesting to see what improvements were made.

That reminds me I forgot to tell the SA I wanted a wiTECH scan report when they are done.
Idk if yours will have the same flash as mine because it was just listed for the 2500 unless there is one just for the 3500s too

Users who are viewing this thread