Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OEM factory rock sliders

HW285PW

Reaction score
Does anybody have a part number for the factory ram sliders or know of a set forsale?

jadmt

Reaction score
Does anybody have a part number for the factory ram sliders or know of a set forsale?
I see them on FB market place in Helena Montana and Bozeman MT all the time. I think there is also a set on Kalispell CL and maybe bozeman or helena cl

el_barto

Reaction score

MrPatriot

Reaction score
According to my local dealer, the rails are NOT for sale, yet. They claim the rails won't be for sale until sometime in 2022.

That said, there are few folks that have already posted they have rails for sale here. Likewise, I also have a set for sale in Houston.

Good luck with your search.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
Anyone in Arizona have a set of Mopar Rock rails they want to sell?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
One of big advantages of the WKO or MAPLE sliders is they are wheel to wheel, and are wide with a kickout... vs the OEM ones that are high & tight and only can length...

On a trail today that was decidedly too tight for Power Wagons , got a bit cozy with some trees. Rear fender flare will need to be replaced in addition to and some buffing/minor dent pop, but I think it would have been way worse without the sliders

Another big advantage of them is that they are actual sliders and the OEM ones are not ;)

Ontargetracing

Reaction score
I am up in the DC area and have mine for sale, they were on the truck less then a week. Can ship if your interested, brand new OEM they are actually 1250, but you can only find them for the TRX. The 75 anniversary power wagons were the only others to have them.

How much $$ ? I am in Virginia Beach and could pick them up.

PMHQ

Reaction score
Anyone in Arizona have a set of Mopar Rock rails they want to sell?
I go between NorCal and Lyon County Nevada (I live between the 2) I do go visit my best friend in Williams AZ on occasion...I will be getting some White Knuckle Sliders shipped in a couple weeks to have installed and will sell you the factory ones... 600 if you come get them (or add the cost of me coming down there with them to the 600) Or you pay shipping...I would rather do business in person with cash as I've been burnt once too many times... My truck is a 2022 with 800 miles on it, so they're new as possible, I just have to wait until I get my sliders shipped and installed if you are still looking.

Last edited:

supergeess

Reaction score
I have a 75AE and am considering AMP steps, but would really prefer some WK sliders. I'm looking for real protection from rocks and ability to support truck as needed. I'd also like something better for my wife and kids (and myself) to use to get in/out of truck. The AMP steps provide the ease of entry, but lack protection. The WK provide protection...but do they provide any easier entry since they will be at the same height as the OEM sliders? Can anyone who has the WK sliders chime in on this or possibly anyone who has had both?? Thanks.

el_barto

Reaction score
I have not been in a truck with the OEM sliders to compare, but I think my WK sliders work pretty great as steps (after I added grip tape to the top…before that they were a bit slick)

I imagine the top surface of the WK slider is a bit lower than the step surface of the oem sliders, since the OEM sliders attach to the rocker panels and the rocker panel is pretty much their low point, while the WK sliders mount to the frame and have a high point that is lower than the rockers

Last edited:

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
I have a 75AE and am considering AMP steps, but would really prefer some WK sliders. I'm looking for real protection from rocks and ability to support truck as needed. I'd also like something better for my wife and kids (and myself) to use to get in/out of truck. The AMP steps provide the ease of entry, but lack protection. The WK provide protection...but do they provide any easier entry since they will be at the same height as the OEM sliders? Can anyone who has the WK sliders chime in on this or possibly anyone who has had both?? Thanks.
I was in the same boat, finally removed mine and ordered a set of WK sliders. The OEM sliders sit couple inches higher compared to the WK's due to the way they mount.

supergeess

Reaction score
Thanks Shake and el barto! Please let me/us know how the WK work out as steps.

Trail_Wagon

Reaction score
I go between NorCal and Lyon County Nevada (I live between the 2) I do go visit my best friend in Williams AZ on occasion...I will be getting some White Knuckle Sliders shipped in a couple weeks to have installed and will sell you the factory ones... 600 if you come get them (or add the cost of me coming down there with them to the 600) Or you pay shipping...I would rather do business in person with cash as I've been burnt once too many times... My truck is a 2022 with 800 miles on it, so they're new as possible, I just have to wait until I get my sliders shipped and installed if you are still looking.

Much thanks, but my wife has said the truck looks silly with anything less than 37's, and it needs power steps. Why would I argue?

ErikFrigon

Reaction score
I bought a set of rails off a 75th. I have a 2022 PW on order, what do I need to get to install them? Just the crush nuts or is there something else? Maybe a part number for the nuts? I have the bolts that the guy removed also. Thanks in advance!

jadmt

Reaction score
I bought a set of rails off a 75th. I have a 2022 PW on order, what do I need to get to install them? Just the crush nuts or is there something else? Maybe a part number for the nuts? I have the bolts that the guy removed also. Thanks in advance!
you will need a hardware kit part number 68193128AB which is like $28 on amazon and available at RAM dealerships

Users who are viewing this thread