Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No 12v power on 7 way Trailer Plug Wiring Connector. Need Help

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Still a work in progress as I haven't had time to revisit, but for the trailer fuse, here' s the detail.

These ARE M-case fuses, but I prefer the Bussman style "FMM"

F3030 Amp PinkMCASE(FMM)/Trailer Tow Receptacle / Trailer Tow (Separate E-Brake)/Trailer Tow (BUX)

1640974277788.png

1640974290316.png

GenericBussman
A - Micro 2.
B - Micro 3.
C - Maxi.
D - Mini.
E - M Case.FMM
F - J Case.
G - J Case Low Profile.FMX
H - Slotted M Case.

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
Well IT was the fuse located at #30. Previous owner might of blew or im actually wondering how it did blow. Went to wally world for the fuse....no luck. Then oriely. Got pink 30 that I THOUGHT was the correct size.....turns out it wasn't. This one is slightly bigger. WHY DIDNT I BRING IT WITH ME TO THE STORE.....I wish I knew lol. Well was bummed when I found out wrong size. I got 1 hour until dealership closes. BUT BUT BUT then I LOOK thoroughly at fuse box to find out there is an EXTRA fuse located top left corner of fuse box. In business now. Wanted to let all know the update as well as the fact there are extra fuses in the fusebox....maybe save someone the trouble.

slimchance

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 BH ... have a problem with my trailer lights .. checked the bumper plug with a test light (both 4 pin and 7 pin test the same) ... i have tail lights, left turn signal BUT no right turn signal ... signals all work on the trk ... i have trailer tech package, but have NOT tested the in bed plug .. any ideas??

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500 BH ... have a problem with my trailer lights .. checked the bumper plug with a test light (both 4 pin and 7 pin test the same) ... i have tail lights, left turn signal BUT no right turn signal ... signals all work on the trk ... i have trailer tech package, but have NOT tested the in bed plug .. any ideas??
The fuse for trailer right signal is blown im sure

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
do you know which fuse that is AND what size/style it is???
Look in the lid of your fuse box it will tell you what fuse is what…. And im not sure what they list em as they are some sort of mini blade fuse but low profile

slimchance

Reaction score
you we right, opened the fuse box, used the chart in this thread, found the Macro 20a fuse and found it blown... did not have this size fuse (Macro) neither did TSC but Advance Auto had all sizes and good stock ... plugged in the new fuse and walla right turn signal ... you and this thread saved me LOTS of time ... as for the fuse box lid, whose idea of a joke is that, black letters on black background ... i am 72 yrs old not 12 yrs old ... thanxs again @H3LZSN1P3R ... wife said your the BEST

Attachments

• 1643886503885.png
    1643886503885.png
    346.9 KB · Views: 19

kcustom

Reaction score
interesting tread, I am having an issue when I meter pin 4 and show same or very close voltage to what the truck is showing at front at battery. When I connect my 7 pin to my 5th wheel voltage drops. I have determined that when I connect something causes pin 4 to disconnect from the truck and voltage drops to what ever the camper battery is showing. the second I disconnect the 7 pin voltage restores to alternator voltage. Where to I start looking? appreciate any insight.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
interesting tread, I am having an issue when I meter pin 4 and show same or very close voltage to what the truck is showing at front at battery. When I connect my 7 pin to my 5th wheel voltage drops. I have determined that when I connect something causes pin 4 to disconnect from the truck and voltage drops to what ever the camper battery is showing. the second I disconnect the 7 pin voltage restores to alternator voltage. Where to I start looking? appreciate any insight.
Do you have a molded plug on the trailer? If so show a pic of the pins on it. It could be the old style that causes voltage drop due to lose terminals

kcustom

Reaction score
Do you have a molded plug on the trailer? If so show a pic of the pins on it. It could be the old style that causes voltage drop due to lose terminals
I was thinking it could be the trailer plug, so I replaced it with a Heavy duty 8 foot. 10 ga on power and ground. what is weird is that when I don't have the truck connected I show the same voltage at pin 4 as dash alt voltage. but when I connect the 7 pin voltage drops to voltage on camper battery and it will not charge.. disconnect and voltage return to match alternator output. I have replace the 30 amp auto reset breaker in the J Box on the camper as well. I even ran an 8 gauge jumper from the breaker in the J box to the camper battery to bypass the camper wiring and the same happens. Fuse F30 is good as well under the hood. I am baffled.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I was thinking it could be the trailer plug, so I replaced it with a Heavy duty 8 foot. 10 ga on power and ground. what is weird is that when I don't have the truck connected I show the same voltage at pin 4 as dash alt voltage. but when I connect the 7 pin voltage drops to voltage on camper battery and it will not charge.. disconnect and voltage return to match alternator output. I have replace the 30 amp auto reset breaker in the J Box on the camper as well. I even ran an 8 gauge jumper from the breaker in the J box to the camper battery to bypass the camper wiring and the same happens. Fuse F30 is good as well under the hood. I am baffled.
Thats odd that it wont charge how long was it left to see if it was charging?

kcustom

Reaction score
Thats odd that it wont charge how long was it left to see if it was charging?
I let the truck run for almost one hour.... really odd. I think I am going to see if I can find the wiring diagram from the TPIM to the 7 pin plug and see if there is a breaker in line some where. I am baffled....

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I let the truck run for almost one hour.... really odd. I think I am going to see if I can find the wiring diagram from the TPIM to the 7 pin plug and see if there is a breaker in line some where. I am baffled....
Its not a TIPM in these trucks ill tag @Jimmy07 he may be able to set you on the right path

Users who are viewing this thread