Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New update last night (Nov 8 2023) 25.51

Deltron

Reaction score
My dealer swears that 141 is the latest update on my '22 8.4" non nav. Of course this isn't true.

Anyone have the update file I can load with a USB?

Deltron

Reaction score
I guess it doesn't make a difference now, it's back at the dealer again. This time to replace the DEF pump and this issue.

I went by the Ford store this afternoon. I've had so many issues on this truck that I might send it down the road. Owned various Mopars since I was a kid but I'm about fed up with Stellantis, the disaster ordering it sitting in Mexico for over 5 months and then all the issues afterwards. I never should have sold my 2018. :(

Attachments

• 20240209_123508.jpg
    20240209_123508.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 35

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it doesn't make a difference now, it's back at the dealer again. This time to replace the DEF pump and this issue.

I went by the Ford store this afternoon. I've had so many issues on this truck that I might send it down the road. Owned various Mopars since I was a kid but I'm about fed up with Stellantis, the disaster ordering it sitting in Mexico for over 5 months and then all the issues afterwards. I never should have sold my 2018. :(
You’ll find that the grass tends to look greener on the other side. But when you finally get up the gumption to climb over the fence, you’re likely to find the same grass waiting for you when you get there.

Deltron

Reaction score
You’ll find that the grass tends to look greener on the other side. But when you finally get up the gumption to climb over the fence, you’re likely to find the same grass waiting for you when you get there.
While that may be true, first vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had a lot of them, that every time I pull my trailer I'm thinking, what's next?

That is not a good position to be in. My '18 was great. This new truck goes to the dealer for remarkably stupid things like the batteries go dead for no apparent reason. Last pass the separate uConnect amplifier had a code. New amp and a new set of batteries. Maybe it's fixed, maybe not.

Radio from day one loses presets and themes. Stellantis swears up and down the radio has the latest software which isn't true. Maybe with this latest error they'll put a new radio in, I have no idea. The tech was saying something about the telematics module, faulty radio or faulty cables. There's of course no error codes. The engine makes a weird rattling noise sometimes that sounds internal. Unfortunately the dealer hasn't heard it but it's of concern. Lifter, injector, no idea. Is it something that could be critical? Will the K1 fail, built in that time frame?

Weird regens on it. Seems there's no reason when it regens other than if I drive it at all not towing it does endless regens. A 30 mile round trip without the trailer to town may well make it go into regen. Something isn't right there. Towing it's perfect. They just did the recall replacing a sensor and updating software so maybe it's fixed.

Never had the slightest concern with my '18. Only reason it went away is I sold it for what I paid for it 4 years and 60,000 miles later. I'm not too sure at this point I'll ever have that confidence with this one.

Maybe it's just because it's a covid era truck and an aberration. I've even thought about dumping it and ordering a '24 but my confidence of risking 80k again after this one is rather low.

jrf

Reaction score
I’m an editor on that drive (and put the T27.46 update on it), so for anyone else following along too, that is where I’ll be putting new updates as I receive them.
Does anyone know what happened to the link? Seems like a few of us are getting 404. Is there another location anywhere to find it?

I swapped a 22 radio into my 21 and it keeps asking if I want to check for a new version... figured manually updating it would solve that.

baker01

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to the link? Seems like a few of us are getting 404. Is there another location anywhere to find it?

I swapped a 22 radio into my 21 and it keeps asking if I want to check for a new version... figured manually updating it would solve that.
The link was taken down at the request of "RAM"

jrf

Reaction score
Ok next question, every time I get in the truck it keeps asking to connect to wifi to update the radio....it has a connection to wifi...anyway to turn off that notice?

baker01

Reaction score
Ok next question, every time I get in the truck it keeps asking to connect to wifi to update the radio....it has a connection to wifi...anyway to turn off that notice?
That is strange, when I was not getting updates over the air I saw something similar. I did a factory reset of the UConnect system and within days the system updated.

Users who are viewing this thread