Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Big Booty Dually Adventure Rig Build

Mat_HD

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree... I understand that the loan may not have funded, but that's always the case when a truck drives off the lot. I don't see how shipping it makes any difference. If anything, they should feel better about the fact that no one is driving it for a week, because it'll be on the back of a truck.

I'm giving them until the end of the day before I call and ask them to explain their decision.
Sounds like you're being very reasonable given the circumstances. I can't say that I'd be showing the same restraint in your shoes!

And yeah I agree with you, while the loan may not be funded, your credit check is obviously already done and all the paperwork signed so now it's just a matter of time before their payday comes.

Xflight29

Reaction score
I have to ask. why would you pay for it before taking possession of it or looking it over thoroughly ? Am I missing something here ?

Xflight29

Reaction score
My bad, thought for some reason this was a factory order.

Nick

Reaction score
The upside is that you have not bought a trailer yet . With that set up you should seriously consider a 5th wheel . They make bunk house models for your kids . Much easier to tow and deal with crosswind, Semi trucks and easier to back up . You can pick up great deals on slightly used . You got the truck to haul either a big heavy of a smaller lighter one . At least give them a look .

SFAngus

Reaction score
The upside is that you have not bought a trailer yet . With that set up you should seriously consider a 5th wheel . They make bunk house models for your kids . Much easier to tow and deal with crosswind, Semi trucks and easier to back up . You can pick up great deals on slightly used . You got the truck to haul either a big heavy of a smaller lighter one . At least give them a look .
I hear you... I really like the functionality of having a camper shell though, for all the time that I'm traveling without a trailer, so I would hate to lose that.

This is what I really want, but it's $$$$

RV_Goose

Reaction score
I hear you... I really like the functionality of having a camper shell though, for all the time that I'm traveling without a trailer, so I would hate to lose that.

I'd have an AirStream is I wasn't 6'7"!

Nick

Reaction score

Camper shells come off and go on easily

SFAngus

Reaction score

Mat_HD

Reaction score
No, I bought it from the same shop that installed my caps.

It's awesome... super versatile, lots of storage, and it's comfortable to sleep on as well. The hard part is just finding a shop that still sells them. They haven't been popular for a few decades I think.

Here's the link:

Very nice. I'm considering getting a truck cap and building something similar until I get my enclosed gooseneck and build a living quarters in the front

SFAngus

Reaction score
A quick update... just in case any of you are actually following this thread.

Still no truck... it's still sitting on the lot. The dealer "released" it a few days ago once the loan funded, but now they're having trouble getting the shipper to come pick it up.

Of course, if they had just submitted the shipment bid when I bought the truck like they should have, this would not have been an issue, because they could have used the shipping delay to wait for the loan to fund.

Because they insisted on dragging their feet, I am still without a truck, 9 days after buying it.

For the record, I don't recommend working with Rockwall Dodge in Texas.

RV_Goose

Reaction score
A quick update... just in case any of you are actually following this thread.

Still no truck... it's still sitting on the lot. The dealer "released" it a few days ago once the loan funded, but now they're having trouble getting the shipper to come pick it up.

Of course, if they had just submitted the shipment bid when I bought the truck like they should have, this would not have been an issue, because they could have used the shipping delay to wait for the loan to fund.

Because they insisted on dragging their feet, I am still without a truck, 9 days after buying it.

For the record, I don't recommend working with Rockwall Dodge in Texas.

Many places have difficulty dealing with out of state sales. Too many times the folks just use the "standard paperwork" and do not know how to change anything.

SFAngus

Reaction score
Here's the latest on the truck... (sorry for the long saga post).

TL;DR: after a week of waiting, the truck is finally being shipped to California.

Here's the full version:

I've been dealing with some drama with the dealership for the last week, because they were taking forever to ship the truck. (I was actually starting to get worried that maybe they had undone the deal and sold it to someone else).

This culminated in me leaving them a negative review online due to their lack of communication, and the manager telling me that I wasn't "motivating" him to send me my truck. (I'm sorry, but I don't think that I should need to motivate them to give me something that I've already paid for, and also paid $1,500 to them for shipping).

Anyways, it's been a stressful week. I finally started shopping for my own shipping quotes today since the dealer didn't seem to be capable of getting it done.

I called the manager and told him I was getting a shipping bid from another company, and then low and behold, 10 minutes after I hung up with him, he texted me and said that the truck was being loaded up. (I probably should've asked him to send me a picture if it on the truck, but I didn't think of it in time).

He said that the driver has my cell phone number and will contact me for delivery, but unfortunately I don't have any way to contact the driver myself, so I have no idea what the ETA is.

But, hopefully I will have it in the next few days, which is good, because the packages are starting to stack up at home for it.

Mat_HD

Reaction score
Here's the latest on the truck... (sorry for the long saga post).

TL;DR: after a week of waiting, the truck is finally being shipped to California.

Here's the full version:

I've been dealing with some drama with the dealership for the last week, because they were taking forever to ship the truck. (I was actually starting to get worried that maybe they had undone the deal and sold it to someone else).

This culminated in me leaving them a negative review online due to their lack of communication, and the manager telling me that I wasn't "motivating" him to send me my truck. (I'm sorry, but I don't think that I should need to motivate them to give me something that I've already paid for, and also paid $1,500 to them for shipping).

Anyways, it's been a stressful week. I finally started shopping for my own shipping quotes today since the dealer didn't seem to be capable of getting it done.

I called the manager and told him I was getting a shipping bid from another company, and then low and behold, 10 minutes after I hung up with him, he texted me and said that the truck was being loaded up. (I probably should've asked him to send me a picture if it on the truck, but I didn't think of it in time).

He said that the driver has my cell phone number and will contact me for delivery, but unfortunately I don't have any way to contact the driver myself, so I have no idea what the ETA is.

But, hopefully I will have it in the next few days, which is good, because the packages are starting to stack up at home for it.
That's wild. That manager sounds like a piece of work. "Doesn't feel motivated to send you YOUR TRUCK THAT YOU PAID FOR"? That's absolute insanity. Without knowing the full details of your communications, I'd venture a guess that you probably handled it with more grace than I would've. I likely would've been on a one way flight out there to have a conversation with them.

Looking forward to seeing pictures once it's finally in your possession!

SFAngus

Reaction score
That's wild. That manager sounds like a piece of work. "Doesn't feel motivated to send you YOUR TRUCK THAT YOU PAID FOR"? That's absolute insanity. Without knowing the full details of your communications, I'd venture a guess that you probably handled it with more grace than I would've. I likely would've been on a one way flight out there to have a conversation with them.

Looking forward to seeing pictures once it's finally in your possession!
Yeah, it was getting a little crazy... but I was as patient as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread