Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2 month trip , will my 3500 Aisin make it?

flan

Reaction score
Every time I see this post pop up on the new posts feed with a reply from you I get somewhat anxious fearing the worst, I won’t tell a lie haha!

BAT3500

Reaction score
Never mind the truck, will the RV make it? Our 2022 40' Alliance Valor has turned out to be a total piece of carp.
Seems it's been falling apart from day1 and spends most f it's off time back at the dealership.
Sadly, I think all the RV's are mostly the same these days, same junk components slapped together as cheaply and quickly as possible.

Firebird

Reaction score
Never mind the truck, will the RV make it? Our 2022 40' Alliance Valor has turned out to be a total piece of carp.
Seems it's been falling apart from day1 and spends most f it's off time back at the dealership.
Sadly, I think all the RV's are mostly the same these days, same junk components slapped together as cheaply and quickly as possible.
That's why I've been reluctant to trade in our 2017, nothing ever breaks on that camper!

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Well………
Another 1350 miles in the books (350 towing)
Transmission is still holding in there.
I seem to have a bad battery as I’ve had to put the charger on it the last 2 mornings, I have an appointment at a dealer in Blythe, Ca. In the morning, but the truck and trailer are still doing fine.
We are currently in Quartzsite, Az.

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpeg
    IMG_0155.jpeg
    671.4 KB · Views: 23

Deltron

Reaction score
Did a hard regen again yesterday, and 30 miles later, this:
View attachment 63730
I can drive my '22 HO dually down to the gas station and my gauge will read like that. Hook up the 34' toy hauler and within 10 miles it drops back to zero. My Scangauge may say 35% on the DPF but that dash gauge may show zero, it may show near 50%. I don't know what they use to calculate for that gauge but it seems to not mean anything.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
All set up in Gold Canyon, AZ on the last planned leg of the trip before heading home..
Truck and Trailer both doing great (other than a bad battery on the truck)
6700 miles into this trip so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpeg
    IMG_0234.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 23

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I can drive my '22 HO dually down to the gas station and my gauge will read like that. Hook up the 34' toy hauler and within 10 miles it drops back to zero. My Scangauge may say 35% on the DPF but that dash gauge may show zero, it may show near 50%. I don't know what they use to calculate for that gauge but it seems to not mean anything.

The gauge actually can tell you quite a bit and I've found it far more useful than the dash gauge. The Regen % PID shows you how close you are to an active regen, 100% triggers a regen, and it's driven by both time and soot loading. Whichiver is closer to causing a regen is what's displayed. Odd's are good that when towing it's almost always going to show time, except the first few hours after an active regen. Each 1% is 14 minutes and 24 seconds of run time, so if you see a percect at that rate the PID is driven by time. If the PID % jumps up erratically and goes down at all then it's being driven by soot loading. I have not seen a direct correlation between the dash soot loading and the regen PID, other than it moves very fast on both the dash and the PID when it's soot driven and near a regen. 100% on the PID for soot = ~45% on the dash. Bottom line is that the PID can show 99% with the dash at 0% becuase you are about to have an active regen based on time, not soot.

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Back home safe, all unloaded and the camper is winterized.
It was an amazing trip….
9000 miles total, 6000 of that is pulling the trailer.
We put 700 miles on the KRX

So the Aisin made it!
At this point I don’t know if I should get the CSN for the snap ring done or not
I guess I’ll call the dealer Monday and get it scheduled as they already have the parts.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    938.6 KB · Views: 16

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Back home safe, all unloaded and the camper is winterized.
It was an amazing trip….
9000 miles total, 6000 of that is pulling the trailer.
We put 700 miles on the KRX

So the Aisin made it!
At this point I don’t know if I should get the CSN for the snap ring done or not
I guess I’ll call the dealer Monday and get it scheduled as they already have the parts.
I did a similar trip with my 5th wheel last spring and had no problems. A few weeks after getting home I slid in the cabover camper and took a 200 mile trip to the NorCal coast. About a mile before I got to Hwy 1 the snap ring unsnapped and I was dead in (or very near) the water. At 2 weeks it was a pretty good turnaround for getting it fixed, but I still had to drive home in a rental car (not truck) and drive back to pick it up. My advice is to get it fixed at your convenience rather than crossing your fingers and hoping it doesn't leave you stranded. It's a fairly straightforward repair that any competent and well-trained transmission mechanic can do easily, and should only take a couple of days if they have all of the parts. I've been told the book time is 10 hrs for the R&R. Good luck.

Deltron

Reaction score
Bought a 2022 Genesis Supreme toy hauler a bit over a year ago. Over 12,000 miles on it so far and not one single issue. They're not owned by Thor.

Honestly the best RV we've ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread