Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

JMW

Reaction score
Fyi... I just got and installed my Weathertech no drills yesterday and although I like the style, the fronts conflict and have contact with factory Ram side steps. I was able to install them with some tweaking, but they are pushed forward with the steps. Not sure I’m going to keep them on.

jb2

Reaction score
Fyi... I just got and installed my Weathertech no drills yesterday and although I like the style, the fronts conflict and have contact with factory Ram side steps. I was able to install them with some tweaking, but they are pushed forward with the steps. Not sure I’m going to keep them on.

That's a bummer. Do you have the cab length or the wheel-to-wheel factory sidesteps?

Hstone556

Reaction score
That blows, I have the wheel to wheel steps and I was concerned about that. Mine may get modified because I’m not ready to install power steps yet. Front tire coverage is the most important reason I am installing the flaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpaeth

Reaction score
I was told about your forum by one of our customers. I hope it is okay for me to post here.
Our DuraFlap mud flaps are a drill-less installation and they are a full size mud flap made to give the best protection possible. They will not break, split, peel or fade; and all our hardware is stainless steel, or other non corrosive material.
We have them to fit with or without the flares. We can custom shift them for the modified trucks.
Any chance you can give members of this forum a discount code?

bclark828

Reaction score
So with the new WeatherTech guards there is no removal of any of the factory plastic protection pieces correct? This was my hold up on ordering 2018 models because you had to remove the factory guards.
No you leave the factory pieces in place they are molded to go around them.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Which steps do you have? The Wheel-to-wheel steps? I know on my 2015 I couldn't do the fronts due to having those. I have the power deploying steps now and I am hoping to use these on the front and rear.

bclark828

Reaction score
Which steps do you have? The Wheel-to-wheel steps? I know on my 2015 I couldn't do the fronts due to having those. I have the power deploying steps now and I am hoping to use these on the front and rear.
I have the Amp Research Power steps

Attachments

• IMG_1456.jpg
    IMG_1456.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 223

JMW

Reaction score
I have the wheel-to-wheel OEM stainless.

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1892.jpg
    IMG_1892.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 369

jpaeth

Reaction score
I have the wheel-to-wheel OEM stainless.
Thank you! I wonder if you could take the steps off, pull the plastic cap of the front, then shorten the tube a little so you have clearance?

Hstone556

Reaction score
I got mine in the mail today, will install them tomorrow and see if I can make them work any better with the steps.

MegaDave

Reaction score
I just got some Duraflaps. I installed the front using the standard length black. Really solid product. Arrived in two days.

8d7b0835a77d6d7c28bfc1a555b980ff.jpg
94d4054f83bdac787749a5d2418322e1.jpg
236bafc224bbc209acaaa33d447216ae.jpg
eac866ab19014faa158a8a5cea894583.jpg

JMW

Reaction score
Thank you! I wonder if you could take the steps off, pull the plastic cap of the front, then shorten the tube a little so you have clearance?
I've thought that too. To do it right, I think I need to take the boards back off the truck and I just haven't been that motivated quite yet.

Hstone556

Reaction score
You could pull the cap off, there are 2 bolts that hold the cap on. You have to re-drill and tap those holes but it seems doable.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Weathertechs ordered Thanks to you fine folks! Should fit fine since my Havoc running boards are set back a ways.

foneguy

Reaction score
my weathertech fir perfect upfront factory steps, maybe they sent you the wrong ones?

Hstone556

Reaction score
my weathertech fir perfect upfront factory steps, maybe they sent you the wrong ones?

You probably have different steps, there are a few different options. The ones he and I both have are the stainless wheel to wheel steps. They contact the flap a bit but it’s not enough to bother me.
1e81b9f93b984b477003873d03c15059.jpg

JMW

Reaction score
You probably have different steps, there are a few different options. The ones he and I both have are the stainless wheel to wheel steps. They contact the flap a bit but it’s not enough to bother me.
1e81b9f93b984b477003873d03c15059.jpg

That right. With these side steps, the step pushes the flap forward a bit and made it harder to install. It hasn't bothered me enought yet to take it off or modify the step, but I was a little disappointed and thought others may want to know before ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread