Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

AndyS

Reaction score
ordered some gatorback mud flaps today hard decision to make little bit pricey but I think I will like them
Yep a bit pricey but I'm happy I bought them.

Zrojas

Reaction score
It's funny to me that the Duraflap and Gatorbacks install using all factory connections, with added bracing, but no drilling. And the the Mopar flaps seemingly have no idea where the the factory wheel liners are and require drilling and riveting.

I have the Duraflap option personally. They all look good, it's just funny to me that the factory option takes the most work to install.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DuraFlap

Reaction score
I was told about your forum by one of our customers. I hope it is okay for me to post here.
Our DuraFlap mud flaps are a drill-less installation and they are a full size mud flap made to give the best protection possible. They will not break, split, peel or fade; and all our hardware is stainless steel, or other non corrosive material.
We have them to fit with or without the flares. We can custom shift them for the modified trucks.

Attachments

• 2019 Ram 1500 12in wide.jpg
    2019 Ram 1500 12in wide.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 476
  • 2018 Ram 3500 no flares 12in wide standard length.jpg
    2018 Ram 3500 no flares 12in wide standard length.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 475
  • 2019 Dodge 3500 dually 4x4 (27).JPG
    2019 Dodge 3500 dually 4x4 (27).JPG
    502.1 KB · Views: 466

Ron Snow

Reaction score
I was told about your forum by one of our customers. I hope it is okay for me to post here.
Our DuraFlap mud flaps are a drill-less installation and they are a full size mud flap made to give the best protection possible. They will not break, split, peel or fade; and all our hardware is stainless steel, or other non corrosive material.
We have them to fit with or without the flares. We can custom shift them for the modified trucks.

HI Duraflap!-- (Is that you, Nina?) Forum members- After lots of research and opinion seeking, I placed an order at https://duraflap.com/truck-model/dodge/ yesterday or the day before. Nina at Duraflap answered my questions quickly and there are lots of options. I'm looking forward to receiving them and installing them. My drive to work includes 7 miles of gravel road. While I ordered plain black weights for mine, there are lots of artistic options and they will customize the weights if you provide artwork. Plus-- 10% discount for members of this forum.

While "splash guards" may be adequate for city street vehicles, I have found on previous trucks that they do not provide adequate coverage. I feel confident these mudflaps from Duraflap will.
Stay tuned. I've got a busy week at work but will be installing as soon as possible and will post before and after photos.

jakebrake

Reaction score
I've had Husky's for several trucks in the past and have been very pleased with each set. I got a new 3500 Longhorn back in July. Husky has been telling me they would be coming out soon with a new set that is their " non drill ". I have called them back several times and they keep telling me to call back ----- there under development or on the drawing board. Anyway, tomorrow 12-9-2019 is when they told me to call back.
So tomorrow I'm going to call back and hopefully get a positive update. This is for the set that is fitted for the finder flair. YOU CAN CALL TOO.------ 1-800-344-8759

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
I've had Husky's for several trucks in the past and have been very pleased with each set. I got a new 3500 Longhorn back in July. Husky has been telling me they would be coming out soon with a new set that is their " non drill ". I have called them back several times and they keep telling me to call back ----- there under development or on the drawing board. Anyway, tomorrow 12-9-2019 is when they told me to call back.
So tomorrow I'm going to call back and hopefully get a positive update. This is for the set that is fitted for the finder flair. YOU CAN CALL TOO.------ 1-800-344-8759
LOL... give em heck! Same deal trying to source Husky floor liners back in Aug. Finally arrived end Sep. Despite all the media fluff, many aftermarket suppliers were caught with their pants down when FCA released the 4.5/5 trucks in the spring. Even the dealers were caught off guard.

jakebrake

Reaction score
update, my locat dealer called them while I was at his store. he ID'ed himself as a dealer and they told him this past Monday they were going to have a part #. my guy said that he'd give them a few more weeks to actually get them out.

We'll see

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score

Ron Snow

Reaction score
After lots of research and opinion seeking, I placed an order at https://duraflap.com/truck-model/dodge/ yesterday or the day before. Nina at Duraflap answered my questions quickly and there are lots of options. I'm looking forward to receiving them and installing them. My drive to work includes 7 miles of gravel road. While I ordered plain black weights for mine, there are lots of artistic options and they will customize the weights if you provide artwork. Plus-- 10% discount for members of this forum.

While "splash guards" may be adequate for city street vehicles, I have found on previous trucks that they do not provide adequate coverage. I feel confident these mudflaps from Duraflap will.
Stay tuned. I've got a busy week at work but will be installing as soon as possible and will post before and after photos.

Follow Up on my @DuraFlap Post- I installed the Item no. DF12L 13/14 on the front fenders and the DR12L 16 on the rear one day last week. Attached photos intended to illustrate one way drive to work before DuraFlaps installed, installed in driveway, same one way drive to work with DuraFlaps and then a washed truck and slow speed driving version in town.

INSTALLATION: The only way it could have been easier, is if one of you guys came over and installed them for me. :) Very simple and straight forward.
Other thoughts: I don't think there is any thing that will keep the "spray" off the side of the truck carried by turbulence once you get above about 25MPH. Our road is a very good road, as far as dirt and gravel goes. In the summer and dry, it is easily driven at 50MPH other than a few corners. It is still a gravel road. The tires kick up a lot of gravel onto rocker panels, etc and the DuraFlaps have seriously cut down on the amount of gravel that hits the truck.

I'm very happy with them. These 12" wide flaps are nearly the same width as the tire treads. I'm wondering if wider flaps would provide a significant amount of additional protection from gravel dings.

Length- If you notice with truck backed up to curb, about 1.5 inch clearance from bottom of flap to curb. DuraFLap advises you should have at least 7" from bottom of flap to driving surface to keep from ripping the flaps off when pinched between the tire and an obstacle, like a curb.

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1709.JPG
    IMG_1709.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_1731.JPG
    IMG_1731.JPG
    218.2 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_1734.JPG
    IMG_1734.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 437

Ron Snow

Reaction score
Added to pics including curb.

Attachments

• Dura Flap front with Ram factory step tube note width and mud on front of tube.JPG
    Dura Flap front with Ram factory step tube note width and mud on front of tube.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Dura Flap rear Power Wagon at curb.JPG
    Dura Flap rear Power Wagon at curb.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 260

bclark828

Reaction score
I just ordered these, Front and Rear. Just couldn’t bring myself to spend $170 on mud flaps.... if these look like **** on my pearl white truck or are easy to break I guess I’ll have no choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a set on my 2016 with no issues. I needed something pulling my boat $79 for the set was worth it to me

jb2

Reaction score
Thanks bclark! I really like the look of those. I hope they live up to your functional expectations. Those are the fender flare version, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread