Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
Got Duraflaps, Have question.

There is a screw conflict with the spat screw - (black plastic lower body trim)

What did you do?

I feel like there are 3 choices
1) drill a relief hole in the back of mud flap
2) remove screw and drill an additional hole in flap.
3) just leave but Then the mudflap does NOT sit flush.

Same conflict Front and Rear. and I believe I was clear on the Duraflap form that I have a standard Laramie.

I believe my photos show the wrong screw removed... but the situation isn't changed.
Well, I just shut up and installed one. Seems there is no conflict at front... or the screw head just smashes into the flap and it works.

Attachments

• IMG_6690.jpg
    IMG_6690.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6691.jpg
    IMG_6691.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 77

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
Duraflap, Front sits nicely.

IMG_6694.jpg

I am still confused about the rear... which is hitting a screw head creating an unacceptable gap... IMG_6693.jpg

copcarguy

Reaction score
I just installed these Mopar ones on the front. Not sure if I like them or not.

Attachments

• 7B241752-AA85-4CF2-B35B-E09425D8441D.jpeg
    7B241752-AA85-4CF2-B35B-E09425D8441D.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 238A895D-167B-4338-90B7-736DBF5C1A6E.jpeg
    238A895D-167B-4338-90B7-736DBF5C1A6E.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 175

madmat

Reaction score
For you guys that have had the Duraflaps for awhile or on past trucks, have you noticed over time if they start to deform from the wind constantly pushing them backwards from driving. I've seen lots of firmer mudflaps like duraflaps(but probably not nearly the quality) out that over time are deformed backwards and look like crap.

matemike

Reaction score
Anybody have the Husky’s with power deployable running boards? Does that setup work well, no rubbing or interference?

MACOZ

Reaction score
Follow Up on my @DuraFlap Post- I installed the Item no. DF12L 13/14 on the front fenders and the DR12L 16 on the rear one day last week. Attached photos intended to illustrate one way drive to work before DuraFlaps installed, installed in driveway, same one way drive to work with DuraFlaps and then a washed truck and slow speed driving version in town.

INSTALLATION: The only way it could have been easier, is if one of you guys came over and installed them for me. :) Very simple and straight forward.
Other thoughts: I don't think there is any thing that will keep the "spray" off the side of the truck carried by turbulence once you get above about 25MPH. Our road is a very good road, as far as dirt and gravel goes. In the summer and dry, it is easily driven at 50MPH other than a few corners. It is still a gravel road. The tires kick up a lot of gravel onto rocker panels, etc and the DuraFlaps have seriously cut down on the amount of gravel that hits the truck.

I'm very happy with them. These 12" wide flaps are nearly the same width as the tire treads. I'm wondering if wider flaps would provide a significant amount of additional protection from gravel dings.

Length- If you notice with truck backed up to curb, about 1.5 inch clearance from bottom of flap to curb. DuraFLap advises you should have at least 7" from bottom of flap to driving surface to keep from ripping the flaps off when pinched between the tire and an obstacle, like a curb.
I am looking at getting these for my 22 Power Wagon. I was going to order the DF12 13/14 for the front but it looks like you got the "L" (Long) 10 inch version? Do you think the standard 8 inch long would work okay for rocks off the front tires, or does the Power Wagon really need the longer version due to the factory lift?
Thanks!

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Duraflaps installed.
Great product, perfect fit, easy install.
Any issues with having the mud flaps that low to the ground? Its exactly what I want to put on my dually when it arrives.

flan

Reaction score
Any issues with having the mud flaps that low to the ground? Its exactly what I want to put on my dually when it arrives.
Watch out if backing up off the street and jumping a curb

buzzuti

Reaction score
No issues, but like @flan stated, you do need to be cognizant of curbs when backing up.
Basically, if not careful you could rip off the mudflap if it gets pinched between a curb and your wheels.
This is an issue with any flexible mudflap at length.

RichM752

Reaction score
Dura Flap makes a flap that adresses this very issue.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
Just ordered some Rokblokz XL Black/Black Mudflaps for my 2022 3500 Limited.

Went with the XL because I'll be tossing 37" Toyo MT shoes on it with a full Carli king set up.

Still unsure if I should have gone with the regular version. If anyone has any experience please chime in as I saw one with an XL and one with a regular on this thread.

Greenhills

Reaction score
I have the XL's on my power wagon with 37's. I don't think they are any longer, just wider. I still have issues with stuff spraying down the side of my truck and at the rockers, so i'm glad i have the XL.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
I have the XL's on my power wagon with 37's. I don't think they are any longer, just wider. I still have issues with stuff spraying down the side of my truck and at the rockers, so i'm glad i have the XL.

Love that you are also in Alberta so you understand the resource roads and winters. Thank you so much for chiming in.

Users who are viewing this thread