Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

dynocompe

Reaction score
Here is the mudflaps I got included with my purchase from the dealer. I was expecting the gator style with stainless. But I m glad I got these instead. I had no say, its what was included with the truck as its the law to have mudflaps here! I am very happy with them, the all black matches the night edition package very good!

Attachments

• 309.JPG
    309.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 308.JPG
    308.JPG
    452.2 KB · Views: 183

TW720HVY

Reaction score
Just installed the Gator mud flaps with the mounting bracket, the bracket made rears easy and took the guess work out. The fronts, they took more time to make sure the final mounting was level, lets just say my OCD was high that day.

The Gator customer service was great as well, I somehow managed to jack up one of the bolts and the local hardware and auto part stores only had phillips head, and once again my OCD wouldn't have mismatched heads, they sent me couple at no extra charge.

I also used stainless nylon lock nuts in place of the lock washers that came with the kit. Those nuts also gave me more surface for my wrench and sockets.

F1-E82801-BC1-D-4-D71-820-E-E133-ED5-F631-B-1-105-c.jpg

493-AD687-F538-44-EA-BC51-34-BE16-DE842-B-1-105-c.jpg

1-B90-D115-A728-469-A-AA0-C-CA7452548-B8-E-1-105-c.jpg

09-C3-AD48-3-D86-4-C85-847-C-2-E46-C5799-DEA-1-105-c.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the mudflaps I got included with my purchase from the dealer. I was expecting the gator style with stainless. But I m glad I got these instead. I had no say, its what was included with the truck as its the law to have mudflaps here! I am very happy with them, the all black matches the night edition package very good!

Those are factory accessory Mopar/RAM rubber splashguards. I put them on mine and they're great for the low price I paid $46/pr.

Hard to find now.

WisHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Rokblokz XL’s on their truck without fender flares? Debating between regular and XL. I am running stock size tires and probably always will.
The weathertech flaps look great but after this winter I need something that does a better job of keeping the spray off the truck and running boards.
Just wondering if the XL's will stick out to much and look somewhat odd. Pics would be great. Thanks in advance.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Have any of you guys treated the holes that you drill for mud flaps with a wax based spray?

I received my mudflaps and it recommends using a wax based spray for the holes that need to be drilled.
I'm not sure if I should be using one of those straw things and spraying inside the holes, or just applying to the outside. Comments please.
PS - The instructions are useless..

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys treated the holes that you drill for mud flaps with a wax based spray?

I received my mudflaps and it recommends using a wax based spray for the holes that need to be drilled.
I'm not sure if I should be using one of those straw things and spraying inside the holes, or just applying to the outside. Comments please.
PS - The instructions are useless..

Which flaps are you installing? I used the duraflap drill-less ones. No need to drill any holes, just uses the factory ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G’Dave

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar ones that are for WITH factory fenders.

@DougB - These are the ones that I bought. Did you use a wax based sealer as recommended in the instructions? If so, did you squirt inside the holes, or just around the outside, prior to installing the plastic rivets?

G’Dave

Reaction score
Which flaps are you installing? I used the duraflap drill-less ones. No need to drill any holes, just uses the factory ones.

I'm using the OEM Mopar HD flaps, Part # 8221 5928 and 8221 5929

G’Dave

Reaction score
I have those same flaps and no metal was drilled. just plastic.
By Jove old chap, you're right!!
I just went out and took a look at the truck. The areas to be drilled are plastic.

Like I said in an earlier post, crappy instructions :rolleyes:

DougB

Reaction score
@DougB - These are the ones that I bought. Did you use a wax based sealer as recommended in the instructions? If so, did you squirt inside the holes, or just around the outside, prior to installing the plastic rivets?
I don’t recall any such precaution. Although, being in TX I don’t worry much about such things.

DougB

Reaction score
Just checked my instructions and there is no such mention of applying a rust inhibitor.

Mine are different than the ones you referenced in the other thread. Here are the instructions for the ones I have.

Attachments

• Mopar front splash guards.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • Mopar rear splash guards.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

G’Dave

Reaction score
It all worked out. I got them on. Had to do a couple of different things to make everything work. Not much room when you don’t remove the wheels, especially on the front.
ba6c340fce6b8c29483a84436424b811.jpg

Zeus2018

Reaction score
I went with the RekGen Trophy sport. It’s as minimal as I could find. I don’t really like the look of mud flaps but my 35” Nitto RGs we’re gonna throw too much garbage on the rockers. I’ll post some pics in a bit.

How are you liking them so far? Would love to see pics when you have time.

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
Got Duraflaps, Have question.

There is a screw conflict with the spat screw - (black plastic lower body trim)

What did you do?

I feel like there are 3 choices
1) drill a relief hole in the back of mud flap
2) remove screw and drill an additional hole in flap.
3) just leave but Then the mudflap does NOT sit flush.

Same conflict Front and Rear. and I believe I was clear on the Duraflap form that I have a standard Laramie.

I believe my photos show the wrong screw removed... but the situation isn't changed.

Attachments

• IMG_6688.jpg
    IMG_6688.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6689.jpg
    IMG_6689.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread