Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

Rampingup

Reaction score
@ramblinChet not to derail but I totally agree with that mindset. I’ll spend the extra if it will save me time. Once time is used up you can’t get it back.
I agree with the above. I learned a long time ago that they print more money every day. 40 years ago, I was overcome with smoke. Heart stopped, lungs collapsed the whole nine yards. After a week in intensive care I realized that money wasn't as important as the wife & 3 kids under the aged of 7. Time has to be prioritized even more now that I'm 65.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Are yours the standard length or extra long? I'm thinking of standard for the front and longer on the back to keep rocks from the trailer a little better. Your price seems VERY high compared to what I'm quoted. I didn't notice if your a dually or single wheel. Mine will be single. It shows that I don't need extra brackets, just use factory bolts.
Mine are gatorbacks, I think you might be getting those confused with the duraflaps. Gatorbacks offer wide and extra wide for the DRW trucks. Mine are extra wide and the metal support brackets I got were extra as they are optional.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Mine are gatorbacks, I think you might be getting those confused with the duraflaps. Gatorbacks offer wide and extra wide for the DRW trucks. Mine are extra wide and the metal support brackets I got were extra as they are optional.
Thanks for the reply. Still debating between the two brands, but leaning toward the Duraflaps. I like some of the designs that can be put on the SS weights. For those with Duraflaps, if you get the wider set, how much sticks out beyond the flares as compared with the standard width? Also, would wider front flaps help protect the power running boards any better?

Rampingup

Reaction score
If you send Nina at Duraflap an Email she will respond fairly quick and be able to answer any questions you might have.
Yes she has done that. She sent me info on what the sizes are as well as a few pictures showing them on various vehicles. I'm looking at going 12" standard on the front and 14" Long on the rear w/SS weights and artwork. I'm wanting to get some measurement's on an actual truck similar to mine to make sure of the dimensions being able to work well with my truck's height etc. My truck won't be here till mid February if I'm lucky.

RichM752

Reaction score
I've had the dura flap standards on my last three trucks. With the standards you can back up and touch a curb without touching the said flap.

rauan

Reaction score
Wanted to share…

Molded MOPAR Splash Guards on my 2022 3500 HO SRW Limited NE 4x4:

4f5b906da2de40091b18a8994a038ff4.jpg

cc2fe8dbcbe6e58b02223b3a22c1e381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do these mud guards really help in dirty road conditions? I am debating whether I need them or not. If they help I would definitely buy them.

Sorry if my questions sound stupid, I just never had mud guards before.

Rampingup

Reaction score
Do these mud guards really help in dirty road conditions? I am debating whether I need them or not. If they help I would definitely buy them.

I can't answer your question positively since I haven't used them. What I can say is that they look very nice for what they are. A buddy of mine just bought a 2018 2500 and I put them up in place to see what they will look like on my 2022 which is coming. The front looked great, fit nice and seemed to flow with the lines of the truck. He said they were similar to ones he has had in the past which he was quite happy with. The rear ones didn't fit his 2018 model. They changed the bed shape slightly in 2019 apparently. If it would have fit, he wanted to buy the molded ones from me. Wish they would have. I'm looking for wider and longer mud flaps. I plan on more gravel/off road camping and am planning a trip to Alaska in a couple of years, so I want the added protection for my truck and camper.

When I shipped them back, I was surprised the shipping cost. UPS charged $55 to ship back, not reimbursed by BAM who I purchased thru. I also won't be reimbursed for the shipping I paid to get them, $22. The flaps cost me $90 +/- to purchase, so by the time I am done I will net back about $13 of my purchase money, Not happy just wiser. I should have kept them and sold them on Craigslist.

Bottom line to your wqquestion, how much protection do you want/need? For normal street driving the molded will probably do a very good job. You'll still get some spray I believe, but more protection from a longer wider one. That's my hope anyway. I'm probably going to go with the Dura flaps 12" standard front and 14" longer in the rear. I'm just wanting to measure an actual truck to determine that the length isn't too long. I don't want to have to pay for shipping bac again. got burned one time, not again.

rockman88

Reaction score

I haven’t done enough driving on dirty (or dirt/gravel/slag) roads to be able to tell you. They look great though, and keep the truck clean in normal conditions.

rauan

Reaction score
I haven’t done enough driving on dirty (or dirt/gravel/slag) roads to be able to tell you. They look great though, and keep the truck clean in normal conditions.

I don't think I will be doing any off roading on my truck, at least I don't have that planned so I think it should be good enough for my rig.

Rampingup

Reaction score
I talkeed to Nina @ Duraflaps yesterday. I wanted a custom design SS weight made. They have what I want, don't know the price yet. Still trying to figure out if I want the standard length or the extra long. The extra long will hang about 14" below the fender. I'm not sure how much clearance is on a stock 1 ton. I think I will go with the 14" wide just for the additional spray protection of 1" beyond the fender wells.

Rampingup

Reaction score
OK I pulled the trigger a few minutes ago. I talked to Jeanine @ Duraflaps. I ordered standard length flaps w/custom rear wheel weights and regular front weights. She was very helpful and a delight to talk to. Yes, she did give me a discount for being a member of the Forum. I really appreciate it. The custom rear weights aren't in stock so it will probably take about 4 weeks to get. That's fine, I won't see the truck till after that most likely. When they are installed, I will try to post pictures.

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I installed a set of RokBloks standard size on my 2022 3500 a weeks ago and couldn't be more happier. During the winter here in Wisconsin my +18 Wheels were throwing snow and slush all down the sides of the cab up to the door handles on my 2019 but not anymore. The RokBloks keep my step rails, cab and rear bumper pretty clean now. I was going to put the Powerwagon fender flares on that I purchased but decided to go this route first. As a matter of fact I don't think I will be putting the Powerwagon flares on since this worked out so good as I prefer a clean truck no emblems or stickers.

Install took about 1 hour as you have to drill 4 holes, 1 in each flap and they are adjustable to move in and out then tighten them up.

Here's after driving around today in snow and slush, every time I stopped I just kicked the flaps to knock off the accumulation on the flaps.

IMG_6457.JPG
IMG_6458.JPG

Last edited:

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
OK I pulled the trigger a few minutes ago. I talked to Jeanine @ Duraflaps. I ordered standard length flaps w/custom rear wheel weights and regular front weights. She was very helpful and a delight to talk to. Yes, she did give me a discount for being a member of the Forum. I really appreciate it. The custom rear weights aren't in stock so it will probably take about 4 weeks to get. That's fine, I won't see the truck till after that most likely. When they are installed, I will try to post pictures.
I’m thinking of the duraflaps too. Gonna do standard length and 14” wide with custom weights on the back. would you mind posting the price I should expect with discount?

Rampingup

Reaction score
I went with 12" wide, standard front length w/SS weights, long rear length w/custom design SS weights. By being a member on the forum, I received a 10% discount. My total was $382. Not cheap but you pay for quality & I will have a set of rear flaps that you cant get from Walmart;) This is my last truck probably & the wife said make it personalized. That means extra money. Just spending the kids inheritance.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Mopar HD “splash guards” (rubber, not plastic)? Part # 82215931AB
They are currently on sale at Mopar.com, reduced from about $70 to $53.90 per pair.
Thanks!

DougB

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Mopar HD “splash guards” (rubber, not plastic)? Part # 82215931AB
They are currently on sale at Mopar.com, reduced from about $70 to $53.90 per pair.
Thanks!

FYI - the search tool works

G’Dave

Reaction score
FYI - the search tool works

My bad. Awesome - thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread