Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud Flaps

monty1269

Reaction score
Anyone get the weathertech mudflaps that can tell me what size driver and or socket is needed to install on a 2500? Pick up my truck monday and want to install before the 1200 mile trip home! Need to make sure I bring the right tool. Thanks!
You know the rules. Bring them all... LOL

Linked4door

Reaction score
Mounted my gatorbacks yesterday. I just ordered them this past Friday from sharptrucks.com. Can't believe how heavy they are though, the box said it was 38lbs (for front, rear, and rear support brackets). I was kinda hesitant at first to pay so much for mudflaps, but one they were installed I fell in love with the look.

Incase anyone is interested here are the part numbers. Black with no text, and for trucks with oem flares.
Front: TH-GCR31F-AA
Rear (21"): TH-GB2124AA
Rear brackets: TH-GB768052

Attachments

• 20211214_201401.jpg
    20211214_201401.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 20211214_201409.jpg
    20211214_201409.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 20211214_201420.jpg
    20211214_201420.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 20211214_201440.jpg
    20211214_201440.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
just got my gatorbacks installed as well. I wavered between the oem and the gatorbacks mainly due to price. My dad has a set of the gatorbacks on his truck and I knew they were very nice. Ultimately I decided; its a very nice very expensive truck, I want the best mud flaps available. I am very happy with my decision. they were a pain to install and I wish they were a bit wider to cover my monster tires but I think they look great! Sorry about the poor lighting in the photos. i went with the Black anodized ram logos. They are black letters on black plates.20211216_121118.jpg20211216_121135.jpg

Last edited:

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Guess the odd looking molded piece behind the rear tires on a dually can’t be taken off without it looking jacked up?

ordered a 22 a couple weeks ago and working through the options; always just used the dealer provided ones but noticed that the plastic piece now juts down onto the plate with the dealer name

Rampingup

Reaction score
Mounted my gatorbacks yesterday. I just ordered them this past Friday from sharptrucks.com. Can't believe how heavy they are though, the box said it was 38lbs (for front, rear, and rear support brackets). I was kinda hesitant at first to pay so much for mudflaps, but one they were installed I fell in love with the look.

Incase anyone is interested here are the part numbers. Black with no text, and for trucks with oem flares.
Front: TH-GCR31F-AA
Rear (21"): TH-GB2124AA
Rear brackets: TH-G

Duraflap Extra Long / Extra wide dually flaps with the stainless weights. Love them, easy to install, cover great, look awesome.
View attachment 28027

View attachment 28028

View attachment 28029
View attachment 28030
View attachment 28031
View attachment 28032
View attachment 28033
View attachment 28034
What kind of money were the Duraflaps?

Rampingup

Reaction score
just got my gatorbacks installed as well. I wavered between the oem and the gatorbacks mainly due to price. My dad has a set of the gatorbacks on his truck and I knew they were very nice. Ultimately I decided; its a very nice very expensive truck, I want the best mud flaps available. I am very happy with my decision. they were a pain to install and I wish they were a bit wider to cover my monster tires but I think they look great! Sorry about the poor lighting in the photos. i went with the Black anodized ram logos. They are black letters on black plates.View attachment 28131View attachment 28132
how much ground clearance do the Gatorbak's have? I'm debating betwen Gatorbak & Duraflap.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of money were the Duraflaps?

I don’t remember exactly but I could find out. I want to say it was around $300 for the whole truck. They are not cheap by any means, but the quality is second to none and they fit perfectly and do a great job protecting the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rampingup

Reaction score
I don’t remember exactly but I could find out. I want to say it was around $300 for the whole truck. They are not cheap by any means, but the quality is second to none and they fit perfectly and do a great job protecting the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got an email back from Duraflaps explaining some of the lengths and widths. I'm going to figure what size and options. The gatorbaks are on sale for $312. So the price is comparable. The big difference I see are the warranty and the difference in SS weight emblems.

Linked4door

Reaction score
how much ground clearance do the Gatorbak's have? I'm debating betwen Gatorbak & Duraflap.

Not near my truck, but they sit pretty low on my truck. Could be due to the factory air assist trucks sit lower from the factory. Standard sidewalk/curb height in the pick and about 1/2 of clearance from the curb.
Not sure if you meant to quote me earlier but the gatorbacks were just under 600 IIRC.

Attachments

• 20211216_091611.jpg
    20211216_091611.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 71

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
I just got an email back from Duraflaps explaining some of the lengths and widths. I'm going to figure what size and options. The gatorbaks are on sale for $312. So the price is comparable. The big difference I see are the warranty and the difference in SS weight emblems.

Check out for a Forum Discount from Dura Flap

If you have a little time, you could make your own for about $150...
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Flaps.jpg

GLB1950

Reaction score
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

View attachment 28846
Yep, could be done easily. Although we just sold our house, bought another piece of property and it'll be better than a year b4 we get back into a place and unpack all my tools in storage and actually have a place to do such projects. First comes electrical, then septic, then water and finally start on the house. I don't envy myself much. I miss my barn, shop and bbq shack most of all.o_O

Rampingup

Reaction score
Not near my truck, but they sit pretty low on my truck. Could be due to the factory air assist trucks sit lower from the factory. Standard sidewalk/curb height in the pick and about 1/2 of clearance from the curb.
Not sure if you meant to quote me earlier but the gatorbacks were just under 600 IIRC.
Are yours the standard length or extra long? I'm thinking of standard for the front and longer on the back to keep rocks from the trailer a little better. Your price seems VERY high compared to what I'm quoted. I didn't notice if your a dually or single wheel. Mine will be single. It shows that I don't need extra brackets, just use factory bolts.

Rampingup

Reaction score
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

View attachment 28846
I've thought about it, but sometimes, for me, it is better to write a check. Example, My wife wanted a shelf bracket to display her travel cups. Found what she liked, around $150. Decided I could build similar out of oak, look nicer for less money. Bought the wood, started building, the wife decided that it would look real good with some nice edge work. Long story short, once I bought the router, bits, etc I'm approaching $450. Yeah I know I've got a real nice router now, but I should have written a check to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread