Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

gator6

Reaction score
In my opinion, if you want extended warranty, MOPAR factory warranty is the only way to go - not aftermarket junk some dealers try to sell.

Zeigler sells the MOPAR factory MAXCARE as well as other MOPAR options (Tires, etc) (and Ford plans) = same as what dealer offers if its MOPAR factory warranty. Easier to include with original purchase but Zeigler adds (subtracts) a discount if you use code PAYINFULL when you get quote from Zeigler.

For Example Dealer quote on Longhorn Megacab Diesel for 8yrs / 85k miles MAXCARE with $200 deductable was $1925 ($2860 list) but with discount code at Zeigler, same MOPAR MAXCARE warranty was $1560 - in my case dealer had to sell warranty at $1925 and adjust truck price down $365 to "match" the Zeigler quote, but they did that without much resistance.

Above for Diesel - Hemi is different - did not research Hemi. Options include $100 or $200 deductable and varying years and mileage limits but most common seem to be 7 or 8 years and 85-125k miles (no unlimited miles on Diesels). Look closely at options - miles make more difference than years and in one case 8 yr / 85k is cheaper than 7 yr / 85k by $40

Yeah, I need to look into this now so I know what I’m talking about come delivery. I’ve got the Longhorn 3500 Max Tow on order as of 11/12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Sky

Reaction score
So Ziegler is a dealer up in Wisconsin who sells MoPar warranties at a discount. I browsed their web pages but didn't see an obvious way to get a quote on line. Do I need to call them?
If there is a way to get their quote through their web pages just let me know. No need to spoon feed as I'll put in the time if I know it's there. Thanks!

ACEd

Reaction score
So Ziegler is a dealer up in Wisconsin who sells MoPar warranties at a discount. I browsed their web pages but didn't see an obvious way to get a quote on line. Do I need to call them?
If there is a way to get their quote through their web pages just let me know. No need to spoon feed as I'll put in the time if I know it's there. Thanks!
Yes you can get a quote online and print out options as well as a quote specific to your vehicle - you will need to put in some of your vehicle data. And when you get specific quote use promotion code PAYINFULL

Dark Sky

Reaction score
I stumbled onto what looks like a Ziegler warranty web page. I haven't found anyplace to plug in the PAYINFULL code yet. The way this reads is that the warranty starts with the delivery date. So that means an overlap with the basic limited warranty that will come with the truck. It seems to make sense to run on the basic limited for the length of its term and then spring for the extended warranty after that. Maybe I'm missing something.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
I stumbled onto what looks like a Ziegler warranty web page. I haven't found anyplace to plug in the PAYINFULL code yet. The way this reads is that the warranty starts with the delivery date. So that means an overlap with the basic limited warranty that will come with the truck. It seems to make sense to run on the basic limited for the length of its term and then spring for the extended warranty after that. Maybe I'm missing something.

You have to select a plan, act like your purchasing and you can then enter the Code.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
This is the way I'm reading the warranty as well...... Am I too missing the point? I see no sense in paying double for the initial warranty provided by RAM/FCA since it is already included in the cost of the truck. Please help me to understand.....

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
All the warranties time starts at date of sale, the overlap sucks.

Dark Sky

Reaction score
So we get a 3 year/ 36k miles basic warranty, and a 5 year/100k miles power train warranty with the new truck. Unless the extended warranty has more complete coverage that picks up things not included in the factory warranty package I think I'll take my chances, at least for the first 3 years. Maybe I can buy an extended warranty package at that time.

ACEd

Reaction score
Try this

As to overlap, I think the extended only comes into play at end of basic 3yr/36k warranty but the total coverage regardless of when you purchase ends at 8 yrs from date of purchase or 85k (or 125k if you so select) total mileage.

And to qualify for these price quotes you have to still be under the base 3yr/36k factory warranty period (not the 5 yr/100k Diesel powertrain warranty), maybe even more restrictive as to miles/age. And dont expect prices to go down in 3 years - in fact the extd warranty prices have increased in past year

My concern is more the electronics than the powertrain, so to me its good insurance when replacing the 12 inch screen would probably cost more than the warranty.

And I know its not RAM related, but I spent more than $10k on replacing brake calipers, and engine related items not covered by Ford's 2005 F250 diesel warranty in less than 8 yrs/85k.

Dark Sky

Reaction score
Yeah, back in 2011 I bought a loaded F350 dually. It was the first year for the Ford-designed 6.7 diesel so I absolutely was hungry for warranty coverage. Back then Ford had their options structured so it didn't look like you were double covered. I took the maximum 125k miles and 7 years as I recall.
I don't have any big worries about my Cummins or the rest of the power train, but the electronics on the other hand..... Maybe I should spring for more coverage. I've got until mid-February or so to decide.

Combra6589

Reaction score
So we get a 3 year/ 36k miles basic warranty, and a 5 year/100k miles power train warranty with the new truck. Unless the extended warranty has more complete coverage that picks up things not included in the factory warranty package I think I'll take my chances, at least for the first 3 years. Maybe I can buy an extended warranty package at that time.
Yes but that’s how they screw you. It’s way cheaper when you buy it within your 36k warranty.

ACEd

Reaction score
What you are really buying is an EXTENSION of the factory warranty from 36k miles / 3 years to a selected mileage (85k, 100k, 125k - maybe unlimited on Hemi cars) and time (7 yrs, 8 yrs etc) - its not really a duplication as the factory 3yr/36k does not have a deductable and would apply regardless of any Extended Warranty under those limits.

If you wait til 36k/3yr you dont get an additional 125k/8yrs - the TOTAL TIME / MILEAGE still ends at 8 yrs from "In-Service" Date and 125k from 0 miles. And you have to purchase Extended Warranty while still under Factory 3yr/36k as I understand it - and lastly it will be more expensive 3 yrs from now IF its still available.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
What you are really buying is an EXTENSION of the factory warranty from 36k miles / 3 years to a selected mileage (85k, 100k, 125k - maybe unlimited on Hemi cars) and time (7 yrs, 8 yrs etc) - its not really a duplication as the factory 3yr/36k does not have a deductable and would apply regardless of any Extended Warranty under those limits.

If you wait til 36k/3yr you dont get an additional 125k/8yrs - the TOTAL TIME / MILEAGE still ends at 8 yrs from "In-Service" Date and 125k from 0 miles. And you have to purchase Extended Warranty while still under Factory 3yr/36k as I understand it - and lastly it will be more expensive 3 yrs from now IF its still available.
Same reason I do not purchase these extended tire warranties that promise you a new tire should something happen to one like a hole in the sidewall. You "Will" get a new tire, but then will be running on mix matched tires, three half worn and one new tire. I have yet to have a tire warranty pay for itself in over a million miles.....

Dark Sky

Reaction score
Good clarification. I just talked to an acquaintance who is well experienced in these warranties and he said the same thing you're saying here. It's not an add-on, it's an enhancement of 'the' warranty. He went on to say that even within the 36 months the price will rise as you put miles and time on the truck. If I'm going to do it the best time is on Day One of ownership. He also warned against non-OEM warranty providers. He is very well experienced with RAM and Ford, but not GM fwiw.
So now I need to dig into what's covered and what's excluded. Back in 2011 with Ford, the longest term 7 year option was the only one that was truly bumper to bumper.

And, I've got to agree on tire warranty. I had one many years ago on my trailer. One tire failed prematurely and they wouldn't pay unless I gathered up all of the pieces and mailed them into them. I'll buy another tire before I risk my life gathering rubber off I-75.

Band1t

Reaction score
Planning on buying through Ziegler (used them for the wife's Ford Escape a few years back. My question is that I read that all warranty work (MOPAR) had to be completed at the dealership where the policy was purchased. As I will be retired in a few years and the warranty would come into play when we are traveling pulling the 5th wheel, I am concerned.

Anyone read this?

jadmt

Reaction score
Planning on buying through Ziegler (used them for the wife's Ford Escape a few years back. My question is that I read that all warranty work (MOPAR) had to be completed at the dealership where the policy was purchased. As I will be retired in a few years and the warranty would come into play when we are traveling pulling the 5th wheel, I am concerned.

Anyone read this?
if you get the RAMcare warranty any ram dealer will honor it. there are some flakey 3rd party warranties but actual mopar warranty is no different than your new vehicle warranty. I had the mopar max care on my 2014 jeep and my local dealership never once had an issue with it and I did not buy that jeep from them.

3500guy

Reaction score
What is weird is dealers offers third party warranty but won't tell you about the factory extended warranty.
Warranties are sold through the business office. Cowboys in there make more money selling the non Chrysler packages. It's all about them... don't ya know!!

JimKIII

Reaction score
If one buys the extended factory warranty at the dealer when buying a new truck, is the warranty price added to the vehicle price for one total that is then financed?

Example:
New Truck = $50,000
Zeigler Maxcare warranty (8yr/125K) = $2,800
Total financed = $52,800

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Which dealer?

Autonation Arapahoe.

Ordered the truck through SM Dave Maestas @11% under MSRP (invoice-holdback). Don't recall who the finance guy was, but I worked them over on taking a $30K down on my CC and doing the warranty less than Ziegler. Held the financing and warranty purchase as the carrot on the stick.

Users who are viewing this thread