Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
If one buys the extended factory warranty at the dealer when buying a new truck, is the warranty price added to the vehicle price for one total that is then financed?

Example:
New Truck = $50,000
Zeigler Maxcare warranty (8yr/125K) = $2,800
Total financed = $52,800
They and the bank prefer to finance it, but you don't have to. You're in the driver seat. If you put a big down or extra to cover it, there's really no difference.

$50k truck 8/125 should be more like $1800 or less depending on deductible.

BlueJoe

Reaction score
Hello members It’s time to make decision on wether I get extended warranty.
The price is $3400 change for 5 more years 85,000 miles, at $100 dollars per visit for anything A-Z . How many have extended their warranty. Any thoughts or issues. Thank you

Lary0071

Reaction score
Hello members It’s time to make decision on wether I get extended warranty.
The price is $3400 change for 5 more years 85,000 miles, at $100 dollars per visit for anything A-Z . How many have extended their warranty. Any thoughts or issues. Thank you

You can get the MOPAR MaxCare 8 year 125K warranty for less than that from Ziegler. Use the code during check out PAYINFULL to get the additional $375 off. Click the link below and price it out. (No, I do not work for them nor am I affiliated in any way, but I have bought my last 3 OEM MOPAR MaxCare warrantees using them though)

Zeigler Auto Group - Use code PAYINFULL during checkout!

Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
$3400 seems high for a Mopar maxcare plan, which is the only extended warranty plan I would even consider.

Tgun7667

Reaction score
Yeah $3400 does seem high... Got mine for $800 after they discounted it and used some coupons they had. This was back in 5/20/21.

John Jensen

Reaction score
When I was shopping, Ziegler was the highest price'
Here's my log

Attachments

• 01b-Warranty Providers-Redacted.pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 60

BlueJoe

Reaction score
Going thru Ziegler is as good as going thru Mopar Who is Ziegler and how do they get into picture of Mopar warranty ? The dealership will honor Ziegler? I really don’t know anything about them. Thank you

jadmt

Reaction score
Going thru Ziegler is as good as going thru Mopar Who is Ziegler and how do they get into picture of Mopar warranty ? The dealership will honor Ziegler? I really don’t know anything about them. Thank you
any dealer can sell the mopar warranty and yes any dealership will honor it. It is actually called a service contract but mopar maxcare is what you want not a 3rd party warranty

John Jensen

Reaction score
All in the file I attached sell Mopar warranties. Same warranty as if you bought it from your dealer. The only difference is the listed sellers are discounting. Usually your dealer will match if shown a discounters price.

BlueJoe

Reaction score
any dealer can sell the mopar warranty and yes any dealership will honor it. It is actually called a service contract but mopar maxcare is what you want not a 3rd party warranty
So Ziegler will get me the correct Mopar warranty no issues

BlueJoe

Reaction score
I’m located in New Jersey if that would be any issues. I’ve looked at the website and there are cheaper quotes. Does it matter if I do it now or wait a month or so before my original 3/36 runs out.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I’m located in New Jersey if that would be any issues. I’ve looked at the website and there are cheaper quotes. Does it matter if I do it now or wait a month or so before my original 3/36 runs out.
It doesn't matter if you wait or where you live. The only negative to waiting is they increase the price each year.

nomoss

Reaction score
I have a Zurich warranty for my truck. With all the electronics on these things, it's worth it to me.

jadmt

Reaction score
like was said above the price goes up the longer you wait. Price goes up as you put miles on as well. Seems odd that it does because you are generally buying a certain milage point so not sure why if you have 18,000 miles on and are getting a 75,000 mile warranty it cost less if you would have had 12,000 miles on but it does. you can plug all your numbers in and see your costs based on how many miles you have.

Users who are viewing this thread