Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I purchased an 8 Year/60,000 $200 deductible MaxCare contract online Monday night about 9 PM from Zeigler (www.chryslerfactoryplans.com) for $1010. By 12:00 noon Tuesday it was already showing up on the Mopar Owner's site and they had emailed me a copy of the contract and application. They said they would mail hard copy in a few days. Considering the 12" uConnect radio and all of the electronic modules in these things $1010 seems like pretty cheap insurance. I've already had an ABS module and ABS pump replaced and a burned pin in a cable repaired under warranty.

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Days are counting down, 1 week today ill be riding in my new truck.

Question,

Has anyone bought the extended warranty and did you find the price negotiable? I'm a tire guy not a diesel tech and i am leaning towards buying it but wondering thoughts. My best friend is a diesel tech and i do lots of work for diesel shops would i better off not getting it and using them or would you get the extended warrenty? i suspect i will do about 20k KM a year give or take so i wont hit the 160k km warrenty but the 5 years first.

in canada so USA may not be the same..

Thanks.

Hayden

Reaction score
I purchased the extended warranty from Zeigler ...https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com ... My dealer would match price but had to add tax so I went with Zeigler...I have the Maximum care plan ... If I never use it.... it still gives me peace of mind that it is there ...and I know just one major repair will pay for it ... It was worth it to me ...

yycdiesel

Reaction score
I purchased the extended warranty from Zeigler ...https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com ... My dealer would match price but had to add tax so I went with Zeigler...I have the Maximum care plan ... If I never use it.... it still gives me peace of mind that it is there ...and I know just one major repair will pay for it ... It was worth it to me ...

We dont have that luxuary in canada about 5k cad for that plan

tcedgar8

Reaction score
Hey man

I'm in YYC as well. And a diesel tech. Personally it's a catch 22 if you don't have it you'll get a lemon and if you get it you'll never use it. At the end of the day personally I'll just not buy extended warranty. But piece of mind is a nice feeling. Especially if it's your business truck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Hey man

I'm in YYC as well. And a diesel tech. Personally it's a catch 22 if you don't have it you'll get a lemon and if you get it you'll never use it. At the end of the day personally I'll just not buy extended warranty. But piece of mind is a nice feeling. Especially if it's your business truck.

Literally how it is, have a diesel canyon and got extended everything, not 1 damn thing went wrong lol and i was reading about all these engines popping etc on forums.

My main concern is the cp4.2 honestly. I would even love to delete it but with my luck thats when **** hits the fan.

tcedgar8

Reaction score
That's funny about the canyon my boss had a diesel one and it was at the dealer 57 times in a year for engine/ emissions related faults.

The cost of a new injection pump is probably the same as the warranty but if it's injectors too. Tough sell if a random catastrophic failure happened. And if was deleted

yycdiesel

Reaction score
That's funny about the canyon my boss had a diesel one and it was at the dealer 57 times in a year for engine/ emissions related faults.

The cost of a new injection pump is probably the same as the warranty but if it's injectors too. Tough sell if a random catastrophic failure happened. And if was deleted

Theres a guy on cummins forum working on a blocker for the cp4 which ill buy when he has final revised version, but i guess when i get to the dealership ill ask because realistically i wont hit 160k in 7 years either lol.

Squatch

Reaction score
Just a gamble like anything else, they sell these things to make money, so in all likelihood, just like in gambling, the house wins. They talked me into one at the dealership, I went in about 5 months later and cancelled it, get my money back towards my principal, so that knocked out 8 months worth of payments. I figure if the time comes I wouldn’t want anyone but who I trust most working on it anyway.

Dr__Bob

Reaction score
Just a gamble like anything else, they sell these things to make money, so in all likelihood, just like in gambling, the house wins. They talked me into one at the dealership, I went in about 5 months later and cancelled it, get my money back towards my principal, so that knocked out 8 months worth of payments. I figure if the time comes I wouldn’t want anyone but who I trust most working on it anyway.
Indeed, and you know that the harder the sell is, the bigger the profit for the seller. If they lost money on these things, they wouldn't sell them. It's not out the goodness of their hearts!

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Thank you i think I might chance it with the OEM warranty because I have a history of not keeping a truck past 4-5 years.

MikeXM

Reaction score
We dont have that luxuary in canada about 5k cad for that plan
Plan 410 (7/160k) is $5800cdn list price (it increased July 1st).
In shopping around, I was able to get it for $4,600. So dealer matched price.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Thank you i think I might chance it with the OEM warranty because I have a history of not keeping a truck past 4-5 years.
If you don't keep it any longer, it might not be worth it.
I actually never had more $ on an exchange if it had a remaining extended warranty. Don't know the logic behind this. Since they are transferable, shouldn't it sell for more? Apparently not.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
having the truck in a dealer shop for wks, with some knot headed tech "working" on it, never really appealed to me after I did the warranty thing years ago. there's only one person I trust to r&r anything for me.

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Plan 410 (7/160k) is $5800cdn list price (it increased July 1st).
In shopping around, I was able to get it for $4,600. So dealer matched price.

Where was that if you dont mind me asking?

@elephantrider
Yeah i might not go for it since I have a decent relationship with multiple heavy duty shops and one specifically that o my works on cummins, duramaxs and powerstrokes in calgary

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I've always purchased one and never used one so decided giving them 85k was enough of my money to give them this time and opted out. Rolling the dice, fingers crossed

Squatch

Reaction score
Another option... take that 3000 to 5000 bucks you would be giving them, or worse financing, and put it into high yield savings. Let it build interest, and if you need it someday it will be available for you no matter how you modify your truck or how many miles you put on it, and if you don’t need it you can use it as a down payment on your next truck, boat, garage or whatever.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Another option... take that 3000 to 5000 bucks you would be giving them, or worse financing, and put it into high yield savings. Let it build interest, and if you need it someday it will be available for you no matter how you modify your truck or how many miles you put on it, and if you don’t need it you can use it as a down payment on your next truck, boat, garage or whatever.
That is exactly what we are doing and hopefully to boot, ill be paying it off after the 4th payment to get my max value out of the rebates and minimize the int paid. Cha ching . Hopefully if anything major happens, it does it in the first 3yrs

yycdiesel

Reaction score
Yeah i wont opt for it, as much as i want too that makes the most sense.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles. Probably 5000 a year tops. I usually keep a truck between 7 and 10 years depending on what new toys and gizmos come along that I can't live without. With the 12" radio. FCW, adaptive cruise, surround view cameras, plus the basic various electronic modules.....I figure $1010 for an 8 year/60,000 Maxcare from Ziegler is pretty cheap insurance. I put the same contract on my '19 Grand Cherokee and bought the Lifetime Maxcare on my wife's '14 Grand Cherokee. I've only had my Ram 2500 for 4 months and already had to have the ABS module and ABS pump replaced along with a burned pin in the connecting cable repaired under basic warranty. You never know when a $1K or $2K repair is coming along on these mobile data processors. I'll pay the $1010 and not worry about anything for the next 8 years.

Users who are viewing this thread