Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing tailgate plug

Ronstar

Reaction score
Guess I’m confused….. someone posted on another thread that his ‘23 had that plug so once I saw that video is why I inquired. Service looked at my truck and then that portion of the video and the salesman was told it applied??????

Ronstar

Reaction score
I wonder why they would put info in an “owners manual” that doesnt apply to your model year? Its not an option or a part on an upgraded package, I get that. If thats what they are doing then I might as well delete the app……..

Ronstar

Reaction score
Sorry guys…. I am not trying to be confrontational. Im simply going by what I have been provided by the manufacturer.

Dealership advises the bedside has seen some minor changes in design but not the tailgate side. Missing tailgate plug cover “should” work. None of the on ‘on lot’ trucks have said plug either.

Screen shots are from 2023 “owners manual” and no I do not have a Power Wagon but it is featured in the video and PW are 2500s, correct?. Actual truck the actor is working with on the video does appears to be an older model.

I do not know the answers, so I am waiting to see what occurs.

Attachments

• 8F87A547-3AE8-43ED-A119-40946BAF09D9.png
    8F87A547-3AE8-43ED-A119-40946BAF09D9.png
    862.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 528B8A39-1A57-404E-8143-6E0E69A0D203.png
    528B8A39-1A57-404E-8143-6E0E69A0D203.png
    989.9 KB · Views: 3

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Guess I’m confused….. someone posted on another thread that his ‘23 had that plug so once I saw that video is why I inquired. Service looked at my truck and then that portion of the video and the salesman was told it applied??????

People were posting that they have the truck side, but not the tailgate side for their HD trucks. There is some confusion on what you are looking for, hence the confusing responses.

Never trust a salesman’s technical knowledge.

I wonder why they would put info in an “owners manual” that doesnt apply to your model year? Its not an option or a part on an upgraded package, I get that. If thats what they are doing then I might as well delete the app……..

The app videos are generic and cover more than your truck. Ram places the onus on the owner to identify which ones apply.

The truck in the video you are talking about is not a Gen 4.5 HD truck, it’s either a Gen 4 HD or 1500 classic.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Sorry guys…. I am not trying to be confrontational. Im simply going by what I have been provided by the manufacturer.

Dealership advises the bedside has seen some minor changes in design but not the tailgate side. Missing tailgate plug cover “should” work. None of the on ‘on lot’ trucks have said plug either.

Screen shots are from 2023 “owners manual” and no I do not have a Power Wagon but it is featured in the video and PW are 2500s, correct?. Actual truck the actor is working with on the video does appears to be an older model.

I do not know the answers, so I am waiting to see what occurs.
I’m just giving you the reality of what you are actually going to receive as opposed to what you think you are going to receive, and it’s not going to work for your truck.

Here are the parts you need to make the main plug seal for the tailgate side:
(1) connector shell- Molex 33472-4001

(4) connector cavity seals- Molex 34345-0001

For the white fakra connector on the tailgate side, there’s no mating connector seal, but you can buy a short fakra z female to female coax cable from Amazon:
Bingfu Fakra Z Female to Female Vehicle Antenna Adapter Cable 30cm 12 inch for Car Stereo Android Head Unit GPS Navigation FM AM Radio Sirius XM Satellite Radio 4G LTE TEL Telematics Bluetooth Module https://a.co/d/0eJlzp2

Then just cut an end off and use a piece of marine heat shrink:
IMG_5014.jpeg

Ronstar

Reaction score
Well….. have no idea what to expect and neither did the dealership. Parts arrived today and although the bedside was different the tail gate plug does fit!!
Left bedside with them and put tailgate side in bag with the correct bedside connector.
‍ I can not explain.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Well….. have no idea what to expect and neither did the dealership. Parts arrived today and although the bedside was different the tail gate plug does fit!!
Left bedside with them and put tailgate side in bag with the correct bedside connector.
‍ I can not explain.
How about some pics, and the part number on the bag

Users who are viewing this thread