Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Links to solved DIY Sales code mods and common AlfaOBD settings

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a roll-up thread for posting links to any successful DIY Sales code mod and AlfaOBD settings required (or not) and common AlfaOBD settings only mods.

This is NOT a How-To or Q&A for AlfaOBD or discussion thread. Links and settings only please.

TL;DR If you're not here to contribute, you can probably skip the rest and just look down to the lists. Please don't clutter the thread with comments unless you wish to contribute. Questions will be moved to a related thread.

While there's already an AlfaOBD thread, it seems many mods and settings are scattered to the four winds and there's always a lot of repeat requests for the same info, partly because people don't search. Here's a post you can direct everyone to if you don't have the info handy. The most popular and lengthy mods are usually already a sticky. Particularly those that were a group effort to develop. Not everyone has, or needs to, read through an entire discovery thread just for one quick settings change.​
If you contribute, I'd prefer these are links to HDRams posts if one exists. If there's one elsewhere that deserves a link, please consider creating your own post with the info and providing the link (with credit if appropriate) or if absolutely necessary, an off-site link.​
For simple, one-off AlfaOBD changes, just describe it and show the setting, link optional. If it's lengthy, see above and link or create a thread. Members posting the answer to a question may get a mention (type @membername... until they show and then select it).​
One of the staff will update the first post as others are added. If you add a post and don't see it show up in the summary #1 post after a few days, please REPORT your post and ask that it be added.​

Common AlfaOBD questions
Q: What do I need to use AlfaOBD?
A: AlfaOBD Android or AlfaOBD Windows, a bypass cable (KAOdTECH recommended), a Windows PC or Android phone/tablet, a supported OBD Reader or cable (OBDLink MX+ or Vlinker MC+ recommended)
AlfaOBD offers a discount for a second license. Some features may be available in only the Windows version.

Q: Where do I plug in the KAOdTECH Bylass cable?
See this post: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...module-location-for-programmer.440/post-26099

Q: Can I enable Global Window Down?
Q: Can I enable Auto-folding Mirrors?

A: No. Door modules in the 2019-2022 HD trucks do not support Global Up/Down or Auto Folding Mirrors.
Third party "active" modules like the Tazer-RAM may have these features but AlfaOBD is passive and can only change BCM settings, and only affects supported module(s) functions.

AlfaOBD can change only BCM settings*. Not all BCM settings shown in AlfaOBD may be supported by your truck.
ECM*/TCM, Radio modules cannot be recoded by AlfaOBD. There are some diagnostic procedures supported (ABS initialization procedure may be required for tire size change), clearing codes, etc.
* There's a few ECM options that can be changed (idle timer). Use with extreme caution.

Make a backup of your original BCM configuration before making any changes.

Instructions:
Uploading System ID (BCM) Information:

To upload your System ID (BCM) config use the "Tools" icon in the upper right corner. Select "Upload to Google Drive," and link your Google Drive to AlfaOBD. Select "Upload to Google Drive" and "Upload Faults and Status Log". Select "Body_Chrysler_Info".​

Common AlfaOBD settings

Interior
Turn on EVIC Gear Indicator Post - ECUConfig 4-Actual Gear Display: Yes​
Then turn on in EVIC screen setup​
Disable Automatic up/down feature with the driver/passenger front windows post - VehConfig 3: Window Express Feature Configuration (@Jimmy07)​
Disable ANC: P/T Chassis Net: ANC Active Noise Cancellation- Disabled (@Jimmy07)​
Exterior
Enable Fog Lights with Highbeams - CBC Features-Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled: No​
Disable Signature LED lighting: To turn the accent lights off- CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present- NO @Jimmy07
Program Tire Size Google doc (from Google Drive link above)​
One of the better videos I've found here (just make sure you're using the correct MY): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKk3YZ7ecI
Run the ABS INIT procedures shown in this post/image. The ABS INIT doesn't do anythign so the option is greyed out. Just do the steps: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...-and-common-alfaobd-settings.3468/post-223855
Disable FOBIK Panic Button - LIN and Misc-Panic Enabled: No​
(only confirmed to work on most 2500 trucks, no known working 3500 ) Also confirmed working on UC5​
Enable LED Bed Lights - larger install thread here: led-cargo-bed-lights-wiring
Enable tow mirror axillary reverse lights (for trucks shipped to restricted states) - 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.- Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving = NO​

DIY Sales Code mods

(Continued)

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Aftermarket Mods

Adding larger fuel cell aka coding DTE to max (194 liters) - (@Phil T )
(VehConfig 3 and ECUConfig 4 settings)

Miscellaneous Settings

• Changing between TPIS/TPMS/None: (@Jimmy07) https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ed-of-a-tire-is-low-pressure.7386/post-137502
    • If you have a 3500, and want to change over to TPMS:
      • VehConfig 3: premium tpm system present- YES
      • VehConfig 5*: non regulated tire pressure information system- NO
    • If you have a 1500 or 2500, and want to change over to TPIS (no low pressure alerts/alarms):
      • VehConfig 3: premium tpm system present- NO
      • VehConfig 5*: non regulated tire pressure information system- YES
    • If you have a set of tires with no sensors, and you want to get rid of the tire pressure screen all together from the EVIC, set both of those to “no”.
    • Might take some drive cycles for the changes to pick up, because the RF Hub has to learn them. (older pre 19 trucks require RF hub reset)
      * Older pre 19 trucks will have VehConfig 3: Base TPM system present

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Brutal_HO Did you ever figure out how to enable forward facing grid lines on the 3500?

We (meaning Jimmy) believe it's not possible on the 3500 trucks due to the air suspension. It's throwing mismatch vehicle codes. All that have it working are 2500, all that are not working are 3500. The latest posts in the AlfaOBD thread...

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
We (meaning Jimmy) believe it's not possible on the 3500 trucks due to the air suspension. It's throwing mismatch vehicle codes. All that have it working are 2500, all that are not working are 3500. The latest posts in the AlfaOBD thread...
Just to clarify on my thoughts: I don’t think it’s directly because of the air suspension. I believe the CVPM is looking for the specific DJ vehicle line message to be constantly repeated to it. I also thought that the air suspension module could be the same way. That would have meant simply changing the vehicle line to DJ would probably allow the gridlines to work, but now you’d have a vehicle line issue in the air suspension module because IT wants to see the D2 vehicle line message.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify on my thoughts: I don’t think it’s directly because of the air suspension. I believe the CVPM is looking for the specific DJ vehicle line message to be constantly repeated to it. I also thought that the air suspension module could be the same way. That would have meant simply changing the vehicle line to DJ would probably allow the gridlines to work, but now you’d have a vehicle line issue in the air suspension module because IT wants to see the D2 vehicle line message.

Right, I worded it poorly.

More like can't be changed from D2 to DJ without causing a failure cascade with other modules requiring the correct vehicle code.

RamThis2500

Reaction score

blbrown

Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500 bed light kit. The settings needed are shown here to enable bed lights for the Mopar Bed Light Kit on 2020 2500.

[mod]
CBC Config I/O: Bed Light Switch Input Preent - Pin G16
CBC Config I/O: Bed Light Switch Input Preent - Pin D6

Attachments

• 20210326_161253.jpg
    20210326_161253.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:

ardvark666

Reaction score
I added the cargo camera yesterday. Bought the brandmotion camera for my 2019 2500. Enabled chmsl camera to yes ans changed chmsl to led. Connected the power to the harness going to the 12 outlet on the dash. Connected the camera to the radio pins. 21 and 22. Red to 21. Black to 22. Works perfectly.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
So my fully loaded 2019 PW did not have Tire Fill Assist or Selectable Tire Fill Alert as an option in uConnect for some odd reason. I enabled the below and after a day or so of driving it has popped up in my uConnect and appears to be working, but I haven't played with it too much.

VehConfig 8:
Tire Fill Alert present
Selectable Tire Fill Alert Present

Cust.Set.Menu 3:
Tire Fill Alert Enable/Disable CSM Present

Last edited by a moderator:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So I found this one today and it works on my 2121 PW. This is for those with California or Mississippi trucks. It even states it in the owners manual that they don't work for trucks shipped to these 2 states.

The tow mirror axillary reverse lights do not work on trucks shipped to these states when the truck is in motion. Apparently some dumb rule somewhere. But you can change it, very simple.

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.-Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving change it to no.

Very simple. Works great.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
For all 2019+ ram heavy duty’s, if the mirrors have turn signals, they also have running lights.

Keep in mind, this thread is only for posting known working AlfaOBD settings changes, or links to them.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Jimmy07

Does this work on the HD Limited Signature lights? (taken from the 5thgenrams site.)

Make the upper and lower LED accent strips the DRLs (no other lights on). They will only come on in gear, they will be brighter than they were as accent lighting, the accent strips will “drop out” on the side that the turn signal is being used on, and they can be toggled on/off in the radio settings.

The accent lights can’t be toggled on/off via any type of setting equipped on the truck, but you can disable them with AlfaOBD by setting CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature light present to NO.
If you want to configure the accent lights to be the DRLs (only come on in gear), and to be brighter than what they are from factory, make the following changes:
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- DEDICATED
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- YES
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature Light Present- NO
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Left Side (and right side) DRL Voltage Target- 7.4 (but can be raised)
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present- YES

Jimmy07

Reaction score
@Jimmy07

Does this work on the HD Limited Signature lights? (taken from the 5thgenrams site.)

Make the upper and lower LED accent strips the DRLs (no other lights on). They will only come on in gear, they will be brighter than they were as accent lighting, the accent strips will “drop out” on the side that the turn signal is being used on, and they can be toggled on/off in the radio settings.

The accent lights can’t be toggled on/off via any type of setting equipped on the truck, but you can disable them with AlfaOBD by setting CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature light present to NO.
If you want to configure the accent lights to be the DRLs (only come on in gear), and to be brighter than what they are from factory, make the following changes:
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- DEDICATED
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- YES
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature Light Present- NO
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Left Side (and right side) DRL Voltage Target- 7.4 (but can be raised)
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present- YES
I’ve since verified that this does not work, even when moving the signature lighting wires over to the dedicated DRL circuit locations on the BCM. There’s LIN bus involved that controls the circuit boards that the signature lighting LEDs are on.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve since verified that this does not work, even when moving the signature lighting wires over to the dedicated DRL circuit locations on the BCM. There’s LIN bus involved that controls the circuit boards that the signature lighting LEDs are on.

Thanks, saved me the trouble of trying. Would have been nice.

As it is now, I have to disable them with AlfaOBD when I go big game hunting, even though the rest of the lighting (bed lighting) on the truck is still a hassle. It would have been nice to just turn off DRL from the radio as needed.

It's also frustrating that the dash lights can't be killed when idling in the dark.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Steps to complete Tire Size Change - clear EVIC errors.

hybw0D2.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I’ll add a few here for adding some options that are buried throughout the forum.
SURROUND VIEW CAMERA SYSTEM:
- VehConfig 1: Rear View Camera- NO
- VehConfig 2: CHMSL Camera- NO
- VehConfig 7: Full Central Vision Processing Present
- VehConfig 8: Digital CHMSL Camera Present- YES
- VehConfig 8: Trailer Reverse Guidance- YES
- ECUConfig 3: Rear Camera Present- NO
- Radio & Connectivity: Rearview Camera Zoom Buttons Present- YES
- Radio & Connectivity: Surround View Camera On/Off Softkey Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 1: Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- NOT PRESENT
- CustSetMenu 1: Rear Camera CSM Present- NO
- CustSetMenu 2: Rear View Camera Delay CSM Present- NO
- CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 2: Surround View Camera Delay CSM Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 3: CHMSL Dynamic Centerline Enable/Disable CSM Present- YES
- Cabin Net: CVPM Central vision processing- ENABLE
**This won’t work on 3500, but those with 2500 can enable these for front tire mark gridlines:
- VehConfig 8: Off-road Camera Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 3: Forward Facing Camera Gridlines CSM Present- YES

BLIND SPOT MONITORING:
- CBC Config I/O Usage: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout- YES ***Make sure to set this if you had factory incandescent tails before***
- Doors: Blindspot Mirror Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 1: Blind Spot Alert CSM Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 3: Trailer Length Blind Spot Enable/Disable CSM Present- YES
- Cabin Net: RBSM Right Blind Spot Module- ENABLE
- Cabin Net: BSS Blind-Spot Sensor/LBSS Left Blind-Spot Sensor- ENABLE

LED TAIL LIGHTS:
- CBC Features: LED Reverse Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Features: LED Stop Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Features: LED Rear Turn Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Features: LED Tail Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Config I/O Usage: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout- YES

REFLECTOR LED HEADLIGHTS:
- CBC features LED front turn lamp present- YES
- CBC features LED low beam lamps present- YES
- CBC features LED high beam lamps present- YES
- CBC features LED front park/marker lamps present- YES
- CBC Config I/O Usage front park/signature lamp left pin A7- YES
- **2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Front park/signature lamp right pin A5- YES**
**Note** If you do not see this 2014 CBC setting, then use this one:
- 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Truck bed lighting feature- PRESENT **
- CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Signature light present- YES

ADAPTIVE PROJECTOR LED HEADLIGHTS:
- CBC Features: LED Front Turn Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Features: LED Low Beam Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Features: LED High Beam Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Features: LED Front Park/Marker Lamps Present- YES
- CBC Config I/O: Right Dedicated DRL Lamp/Right Signature LED Present...- NO
- CBC Config I/O: Left Dedicated DRL Lamps/Left Front Turn Signal #2...- NO
- CBC Config I/O Usage: Front Park/Signature Lamp Left- Pin A 7- YES
- 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Front Park/Signature Lamp Right - Pin A5- YES
- 2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat: Headlamp Module LIN Diagnostics Line Enabled- YES
- CBC Extern.Light Calibr: Signature Light Present- YES
- CBC Extern.Light Calibr: Redundant Front Turn Signal- NO
- CBC Extern.Light Calibr: Signature Dropout Enabled- YES
- CustSetMenu 1: Adaptive Front Light system CSM Present- YES
- P/T Chassis Net: AFLS Discharge Lamps- Enabled

PASSIVE ENTRY:
- VehConfig 3: Passive Entry Present- YES
- CBC Features: PE Auto-Relock Feature Enabled- YES
- Wireless: AP1 Left Front- SMART SWITCH
- Wireless: AP2 Right Front- SMART SWITCH
- CustSetMenu 1: Passive Entry CSM Present- YES

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Here’s some more for adding various seats. I’ll come back and link the write-ups as I find them, or if there aren’t any, I’ll start making some to link to.
FRONT HEATED SEATS:
- ECUConfig 3: front heated seats present- YES
- ECUConfig 4: heated seat present- YES
- Memory: front heated seats present- YES
- Seats B: front heated seat levels- 3 level (high/med/low/off)
- Seats B: seat material front- TYPE 3 (limited, power wagon), TYPE 1 (Laramie), TYPE 2 (big horn)
- CustSetMenu 1: auto on comfort CSM present- FEATURE 2 - 3 OPTION
- Cabin Net: CSWM comfort seat wheel module

HEATED STEERING WHEEL:
- ECUConfig 3: heated steering wheel present- YES
- Memory: heated steering wheel present- YES
- Seats A: Heated Wheel Levels- leave as “Not Defined” for on/off, or choose 2 or 3 level
***NOTE*** Make a backup file before you change the wheel levels. Otherwise you can not go back to the on/off “not defined” setting because it isn’t in the list.
- Seats B: wheel material type expansion- TYPE 3

VENTILATED SEATS:
- ECUConfig 3: front ventilated seats present- YES
- Memory: front vented seats present- YES

REAR HEATED SEATS:
- LIN & Misc: left rear climate seat switch present- YES
- LIN & Misc: right rear climate seat switch present- YES
- Memory: rear heated seats present- YES
- Seats A: rear heated seat levels- 3 LEVEL (high/med/low/off)
- Seats B: seat material rear- TYPE 2
- Cabin Net: CRSM comfort rear seats module

MEMORY SEATS:
- Driver Memory Seat Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 1: Easy Exit Seat CSM Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 2: RKE Linked to Memory CSM Present- YES
- Cabin Net: MSM Memory Seat Module- ENABLE

MEMORY MIRRORS:
- Doors: Driver Memory Mirrors Present- YES
- Doors: Passenger Memory Mirror Present- YES
- CustSetMenu 2: Tilt Mirror In Reverse CSM Present- YES

MEMORY PEDALS:
- VehConfig 3: Adjustable Pedal Feature Present (non-Memory)- NO
- CBC Config I/O: Connector E Pin 35: Adjustable Pedal Motor Relay Output Present- NO
- Memory: Memory Adjustable Pedals Present- YES

Jimmy07

Reaction score
How to adjust how far down the mirrors tilt in reverse:
- For “function”, select driver door (instead of body computer). Select control unit MY2019+, and connect (click continue when the box pops up talking about blue adapters).
- Select car with open hood icon in lower right (active diagnostic for windows version)
- Scroll down to Mirror Tilt Distance and select
- 40 is the default, so enter values lower than 40 to lessen the distance that the mirrors tilt down (I chose 20).
- Once procedure is complete, repeat the process for passenger door.

PrescottNorm

Reaction score
How to adjust how far down the mirrors tilt in reverse:
- For “function”, select driver door (instead of body computer). Select control unit MY2019+, and connect (click continue when the box pops up talking about blue adapters).
- Select car with open hood icon in lower right (active diagnostic for windows version)
- Scroll down to Mirror Tilt Distance and select
- 40 is the default, so enter values lower than 40 to lessen the distance that the mirrors tilt down (I chose 20).
- Once procedure is complete, repeat the process for passenger door.
Do you know if there is also a way to adjust Ditigal Rearview Mirror Trailer Camera reverse tilt as well?

Users who are viewing this thread