Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I like the new color on the Reflections. Matches nicely with your truck

jpaeth

Reaction score
I like the new color on the Reflections. Matches nicely with your truck
Thanks! I agree too.. I could have saved a few grand easy if I went with an older model in the RV tan but I just like the new colors too much. And they updated the interiors quite a lot also.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I think the whole industry shifted away from taupe/tan/brown and went back to white and grays. We just bought a new TT In February it has a similar exterior white and a gray that matches the truck, the inside is light colored with gray/chocolate wood. I like the new trend.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
I've got the pullrite superlite. I like the idea of the andersen ultimate but I like the all steel construction of the pullrite

Interesting choice. 2400 with frame rails? Or 2600?

Huskerz1

Reaction score
2600 single point attachment. Why interesting choice?

Your truck is a shortbox right? I guess this hitch wasn't on my radar initially so I'm very interested to hear about the turning radius clearance. I currently have a Pullrite Superglide 4400 for my 07 Mega Cab. It's one heavy bitch.

jpaeth

Reaction score
You truck is a shortbox right? I guess this hitch wasn't on my radar initially so I'm very interested to hear about clearance.
Yes, my truck is a short box. The Pullrite 2600 has a similar design to the andersen ultimate with the offset from the ball. I havent had it in any tight spots yet, but I will update once I get a chance to test my turning angles. If memory serves me right, the kingpin sits 7-8" behind the gooseneck ball, to the andersens 9"

Huskerz1

Reaction score
Yes, my truck is a short box. The Pullrite 2600 has a similar design to the andersen ultimate with the offset from the ball. I havent had it in any tight spots yet, but I will update once I get a chance to test my turning angles. If memory serves me right, the kingpin sits 7-8" behind the gooseneck ball, to the andersens 9"

Reading about the hitch from the Pullrite website, the king pin adapter plate gives you 3.5 inches of offset. Looking forward to seeing how close it is for ya. I too like the Andersen Ultimate but I'm having a hard time with the aluminum as well.

jpaeth

Reaction score
Reading about the hitch from the Pullrite website, the king pin adapter plate gives you 3.5 inches of offset. Looking forward to seeing how close it is for ya. I too like the Andersen Ultimate but I'm having a hard time with the aluminum as well.
The king pin adapter gives you 3.5", and then the goose ball adapter and way the hitch mounts gives you another 3.5". So in total I believe the king pin sits a total of 7" back from the goose ball. At least thats what it looked like when I measured it all out when I installed it the first time.

Huskerz1

Reaction score
The king pin adapter gives you 3.5", and then the goose ball adapter and way the hitch mounts gives you another 3.5". So in total I believe the king pin sits a total of 7" back from the goose ball. At least thats what it looked like when I measured it all out when I installed it the first time.

Ahhhh. I see what you're saying now. This video really illustrates well. I need you to get turning radius assessment asap! LOL.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
Great looking combo, truck and trailer match nicely...not a coincidence I’m sure. Congrats

Lary0071

Reaction score
The reason I bought a new truck was for the dream camper the kids and wife wanted. Here they are together.
That was sort of my plan. I had a Ram 1500 and a 28' bumper pull, upgraded to the Ram 2500 and then upgraded to the Grand Design fifth wheel.
19f647c966f6a0746666e514d72a0dd3.jpg
0dd816d435378a5667ff5a5ee58c0864.jpg
9a9715a92cfb65d152e06cd2638d6fc1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread