Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
So do you deliver new farm equipment? Seems like either that or you buy a lot of equipment!
No, just happy to help fellow farmers. We all work together. It’s nice because we all have access to the trailers we need, when we need them, but none of us has to carry the expense of owning all of them. We all pitch in if they need maintenance. Win - win for all of us. Probably a rarity these days but if you have good neighbors (who are as close or closer than family) you can really get a lot accomplished. Now, if only the rest of the world could work that way…

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I see. I do a lot of the same but usually only used equipment. It's usually not that bad except when implements get overly wide or tall. Occasionally I get thrown a wrinkle like someone asking me to tow equipment from NE Missouri to SW Utah! Hint: it's a hay rake, not a piece of carnival equipment!
IMG_1791.JPG

This was an 84ft harrow. Kinda long when it's folded up for the road:

IMG_2768.JPG

This is likely the biggest load the "new" Ram has hauled:

IMG_2720.JPG

Last edited:

JVM7

Reaction score
I need that trailer!

We're moving out of state this Summer and need to find like that to haul away all our stuff.
What is the length and GVWR on that trailer?
The trailer is 48’ long and gvw of 21K which leaves about 10K of load capacity but you can haul a lot more than that without any issues. Problem is it’s a pretty expensive trailer to haul furniture in. These are about 50-60K for new ones and used ones are scarce.

amauri

Reaction score
The trailer is 48’ long and gvw of 21K which leaves about 10K of load capacity but you can haul a lot more than that without any issues. Problem is it’s a pretty expensive trailer to haul furniture in. These are about 50-60K for new ones and used ones are scarce.
I'm looking for either a 36' gooseneck or a 28' bumper pull. Two 7k axles or three 5k axles would do it for the payload.
Prices are high but lower than six months ago.
Just got a quote for a 30' triple axle BP for $16.5k +tx.
We're moving 900 miles away and with all my stuff, it will require three trips if I can get a 30' trailer.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I'm looking for either a 36' gooseneck or a 28' bumper pull. Two 7k axles or three 5k axles would do it for the payload.
Prices are high but lower than six months ago.
Just got a quote for a 30' triple axle BP for $16.5k +tx.
We're moving 900 miles away and with all my stuff, it will require three trips if I can get a 30' trailer.
A 30’ uhaul would cost much much much less than $16k plus tax

Users who are viewing this thread