Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
New member here, fresh off the dealer lot!

View attachment 72227

Fellow new NH member as well. Just picked this up from Allen Mello in Nashua today. Definitely a fan of this green. Just the Tow package and Level 2 Equip group for me - and I got the dealer to throw on running boards, as the truck is incredibly tall. Even with me being over 6', it's a bit of an undignified entry/exit, haha.. Love it so far. Doesn't ride near as harsh as I was expecting coming from my Ram 1500, probably the PW package helping out there.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 30

HaraldHardrada

Reaction score
Nice! Two questions. How is your ride w/ the KO2s vs stock? Which rails? Thx, I travel often to BB.
Hey Zoltan, I and the 2nd owner and the truck came with 35" Toyo MT tires when I bought it. The 37" All-Terrain BF Goodrich KO2s that I replaced them with are actually lighter! I can't compare to stock, but what I can say is that the KO2s have been great --- zero regrets. They have been very competent and comfortable traveling on highways and off-road in the Eastern Sierras off California's hwy-395. There's a new KO3 version of the tire that has just come out, so if I was doing it over again today, I might go with that one.

HaraldHardrada

Reaction score
It really is that urgent, eh?!?
Waiting on mgr at a local shop to see about a credit back on the stock Duratracs. Prob Wildpeak AT4, Toyo AT3, or more Duratracs in 35” on stock wheels.
Falken Wildpeaks are a great tire. I had narrowed it down to them versus BFG KO2s at the time. If I was choosing today my top picks for an AT would be Wildpeak AT4W vs. KO3s.

Zoltan

Reaction score
Hey Zoltan, I and the 2nd owner and the truck came with 35" Toyo MT tires when I bought it. The 37" All-Terrain BF Goodrich KO2s that I replaced them with are actually lighter! I can't compare to stock, but what I can say is that the KO2s have been great --- zero regrets. They have been very competent and comfortable traveling on highways and off-road in the Eastern Sierras off California's hwy-395. There's a new KO3 version of the tire that has just come out, so if I was doing it over again today, I might go with that one.
THX @HaraldHardrada -- just got a new PW and I like all the places you go too. 395, BB, Utah! etc.. Not sure if the KO3s are out yet for the stock rims (17"). Did you get new rims for your 37s? I read somewhere that you have get rims with less offset for 37".

HaraldHardrada

Reaction score
@Zoltan My PW is a 17' but I am actually running the OEM chrome wheels from a 16' because they are forged and I liked the look. That said they do have slight rubbing at full lock with 37s. Ideally you want a wheel with +18-27 offset to run 37s on otherwise stock suspension ... at least that is what the folks at Thuren Suspension told me when I was inquiring. Some examples:

Method Race Wheels (link)

AEV HD RAM Wheels with +18-27 Offset (link)

Users who are viewing this thread