Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

Gravy912

Reaction score
Hello folks. First post.

I've owned my pw for about 7 months now...

One month after getting it off the lot:

y4mjWq6anivb4kuEk0IJ9bi_PktvacsoyWxCjVgHb1Qc0B7q6axX0YGO_tmAQdkwncUL32qtH1XsXZ47K0cHBHh4HBSRuZeBoXqGpbYpqAYKeAiaStix-UOU9082YeXwwKqi682cRWs2fhu_KnHSI03VJhW3DFNTOTcs0bNEIc2Kr0lVlujbXAQmQMvchQGFET6iAJpLl9nZC3zTFeHP4_2-w

y4mwZkU7im_zvKMokLeBDYH9luiQVC-_zyC-8BrMdmZ07COh0EJp15I8zcUTWDXCDkEgGKxJpsgm_8K_w3TGA--cPUYXE1WvbHszskBMuQxA98WNhUExcHGDazt5cWOeRclP8a-Kwxq7L6SMrEJ574i3Fcf8ruOr85VMwBZkOqT9RQOvdERt_75Ckw7PuZCIo8nKPb8lzbwzZNpLujcM07kOg

Added a few things to it since then:
y4ma0w8OIPfAh4dnvC-ABiuddKdJygy5jbUE5OAxK4Gc4WXehjhqQH1Myhn8R4WXhreEE3ftR6ocLBYIBDTol4WrbAP2NXxl4LnSy7IB59ofPFxARV72Unv7SQyPvGVv4Q7T7y-9SShbONcH3FNEXqzN6OmGll9l8xUfnVXp--rTubPl4BJ-tVZftisnhTBVqeYdGQ4QR2bY2w5bmWxbG3A8Q

y4m4ZxB-96mZG3SkyV5jxSDfqJM0gpQyAwwn8ODgmz1QxtHidN3JZsbq59QTW8Xsp9bjywbqEWV3XzPcd0eSZRHWxu8VoSO-yog1Ib8CzwNqfuYgGQPE9-xg-FDf6JgCAtf6Qus-SYMJ6UD2nMkS3i2mxRQZjDLzogXe46R3LTI2t3h6g0f1c19jWUsRD-FECU-RrnYCj0zCLjhV8oFkh2Q6w

(Yes, there is another RAM in the driveway :D)
Any pics of that rhino rack?

roloc59

Reaction score
Did you do anything to recalibrate your speedometer, or are you just accepting it being slightly off?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
As far as I know there isn't a programmer yet, so just dealing with it at the moment. GPS shows me how fast i'm going :)

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
As far as I know there isn't a programmer yet, so just dealing with it at the moment. GPS shows me how fast i'm going :)
AlfaOBD (+ an OBDII bluetooth dongle and bypass cable) as well as the AEV ProCal both work to update tire size and correct the speedo.

roloc59

Reaction score
AlfaOBD (+ an OBDII bluetooth dongle and bypass cable) as well as the AEV ProCal both work to update tire size and correct the speedo.
huh I actually have an AEV ProCal from my last truck. I heard it wouldn't work due to the added security module they put in for the 2019+ ones. Maybe I'll give it a go.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
huh I actually have an AEV ProCal from my last truck. I heard it wouldn't work due to the added security module they put in for the 2019+ ones. Maybe I'll give it a go.
It needs to be the version specific for 2019+, which includes the bypass cable.

roloc59

Reaction score

jadmt

Reaction score
The AEV site says it isn't compatible with Power Wagons?!?! Why would that be?

View attachment 9032
I have a 2020 power wagon and I have a Procal Snap and it works great. My buddy has also has a 2020 PW and is also using the Procal snap with no issues. I have my speedometer calibrated and also lowered my psi threshold to 45psi front and rear. I actually live really close to AEV r&d and the inventor of the procal (brother of the owner) had me bring my truck by so he could see why some people were having trouble with it on new PWs. Mine did not have an issue but he was able to figure out what the problem was and I think you will see them for sale shortly. My buddy had no issues with his either. It is easy to run the bypass security harness just a plug and play. sounds like the issue is the sequence to program uses the brake pedal and the cruise control functions and apparently the brake return delay is different on some vehicles which is what was causing the issues which apparently is an easy fix.

roloc59

Reaction score
I have a 2020 power wagon and I have a Procal Snap and it works great. My buddy has also has a 2020 PW and is also using the Procal snap with no issues. I have my speedometer calibrated and also lowered my psi threshold to 45psi front and rear. I actually live really close to AEV r&d and the inventor of the procal (brother of the owner) had me bring my truck by so he could see why some people were having trouble with it on new PWs. Mine did not have an issue but he was able to figure out what the problem was and I think you will see them for sale shortly. My buddy had no issues with his either. It is easy to run the bypass security harness just a plug and play. sounds like the issue is the sequence to program uses the brake pedal and the cruise control functions and apparently the brake return delay is different on some vehicles which is what was causing the issues which apparently is an easy fix.
Ahh ok well I just ordered one from another site so hopefully I am in the no problem category!

jadmt

Reaction score
Ahh ok well I just ordered one from another site so hopefully I am in the no problem category!
I would talk to AEV first as some have had issues that required a tow to the dealer to get sorted and now that there is the warning they probably won't pay for the repair or tow. You can down load the instructions from AEV's site. They mention only one green star connector and in fact there is two green star connectors on 2020's and it needs to be plugged into the one closes to you which is also a little wider. My buddy first plugged into the one closer to the fire wall as the instructions say it does not matter which slot. He came over and looked at mine and plugged into the same slot and all worked fine. He did have his check engine light on for an hour or so but it went out and never came back. I found AEV very helpful so I would call them first and see what they say. Also on the instructions there is a tech number to call and I would call them before trying to program with it.E721DE80-8EEE-4AA6-B79A-54F32DF3FA38_1_201_a.jpeg

txjfrosty

Reaction score
I would talk to your dealer. My service manager and I have a great relationship. She told me that mopar uses the AEV ProCal when they do their dealer lift and tire options. I had the dealer do the install and they are standing behind all warranty work should anything happen. They have a service tech that has installed plenty of them. Granted, mine is a 2018, but still... I think have a dealer give it their blessing made me feel better about the install.

Users who are viewing this thread