Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see those power wagons

Cor86

Reaction score
I did it, just ordered the Amps. I just wish they had been a $1,000 option from the get go. Thanks for posting those pics!

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
You'll love em. Little pricey, but everything is these days. Good lookin ride u got.

Cor86

Reaction score
I found your build thread, lots of info and great documentation. I’m sure it’ll come in handy! Thanks!

Desertfox73

Reaction score
You'll love em. Little pricey, but everything is these days. Good lookin ride u got.
Mind if I ask what they cost? The dealer I'm working with is bidding to install them, and it would be nice to have a benchmark to understand what others are paying.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Here’s mine! Ordered December 16th, took delivery February 8th. Borla S on the way and contemplating Amp Research boards.
Great to see 23s getting delivered! Hoping to have mine mid-March, then off to Ohio for the build-out!

BigSexy 64

Reaction score
I checked with my local Camper City where I get most of my accessories and they wanted $1600 plus $300 to install. I ended up getting them online from NAPA on a sale for $1350 then took them to same Camper City and they charged $400 to install since I didn't buy from them. Still saved a couple hundred.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Check Ebay. Found a guy selling them for $1200 delivered to my door. Brand new in the box. Drop shipped from a warehouse.
I did the install myself.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Here’s mine! Ordered December 16th, took delivery February 8th. Borla S on the way and contemplating Amp Research boards.
I've been told by my dealer that the OEM power boards and AMP power boards are not currently compatible with the 2023s - anyone else hearing different?

Something about a change in the way they plug into the system. Here's what they had to say:

"At this time, our parts & services manager says that he does not have an adequate solution for power runningboards aftermarket on the 2500/3500 for 2023’s. It has something to do with the connections and electrical, as they’ve changed something about the standard features that does not allow for the same way to connect them. He hopes that there will be an adaptive solution in the future, but not likely in time for your specific vehicle on arrival."

jsalbre

Reaction score
Having crawled all over my 2023, I'd say your dealer is wrong. Also, my 2023 came with the OEM power boards, so there's some proof right there.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Having crawled all over my 2023, I'd say your dealer is wrong. Also, my 2023 came with the OEM power boards, so there's some proof right there.
Interesting - any chance you'd be able to send me a photo of this so I can send it to them?

Desertfox73

Reaction score
What would you like? Just a shot of the running boards?
Preferably the running boards deployed with some of the truck in the frame as well, just in case they try to tell me it’s not actually a 2023 power wagon. Thank you!

UglyViking

Reaction score
They have made a lot of electrical changes so it's very possible the aftermarket and OEM after purchase hasn't caught up.

Desertfox73

Reaction score
They have made a lot of electrical changes so it's very possible the aftermarket and OEM after purchase hasn't caught up.
But if his 2023 has them, and they were installed by his dealer (I don’t think they are available from factory), that would help show otherwise.

johanh13

Reaction score
Wow, love that look! Are those stock size tires and no lift?

Users who are viewing this thread