Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

pyrorobert

Reaction score
I have been looking at those as well, but MAN trying to find a set (want their 37’s) is next to impossible!
Actually the tire shop I went to had multiple sets in stock. Not even an issue.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
I have been looking at those as well, but MAN trying to find a set (want their 37’s) is next to impossible!
I've decided I'm gonna try them, kept looking at other 35" options I have through my distributors and kept coming back to the RT Trails as best bang for the buck. Likely order this week, hopefully get them on by next weekend. Will obviously post pics and my thoughts on them once they're on.
Is a recalibration (been looking at AEV procal snap) really necessary for 35s? I've seen where people say without a recal the transmission will just shift slightly more erratically, besides the obvious slight drop in fuel economy, anything else I should expect?

Andersen24

Reaction score
I've decided I'm gonna try them, kept looking at other 35" options I have through my distributors and kept coming back to the RT Trails as best bang for the buck. Likely order this week, hopefully get them on by next weekend. Will obviously post pics and my thoughts on them once they're on.
Is a recalibration (been looking at AEV procal snap) really necessary for 35s? I've seen where people say without a recal the transmission will just shift slightly more erratically, besides the obvious slight drop in fuel economy, anything else I should expect?
Hey @Shocktrooper392. I am currently running 35” Atturo’s and installed the AEV ProCal Snap. I would DEFINITELY go with that or another programmer. Max pressure on the Toyo’s are 65 PSI and after you get them, I would definitely do a chalk test. I am running mine at 45 front and 40 rear, and only max them out when I tow so this way you don’t have to deal with the TPMS warning. Also, my neighbor put 35’s on his truck and about 4 months later added the ProCal Snap as well and said the shifting on the truck became night and day difference for the better! Yes, please do let us know how you like the tires. I have another 20k or so until I need to swap these out, but am really liking the looks of the R/T Trails!

DrTron

Reaction score
Is a recalibration (been looking at AEV procal snap) really necessary for 35s?
Well, your speedometer will be off, and in the dangerous direction. Meaning that it will show less than what you're actually going. Depending on how your area tracks and pursuits speeding, that could become an issue.
I changed the tire size with AlphaOBD and calibrated it with an external GPS. That worked very well. No erratic shifting I can detect.

Samzaknight

Reaction score
It's time for tire for my PW, i'm going with 35's due to being able to still use the spare tire location. I don't do much off roading with the truck so mud tire won't help me other then they will look good. Anyone know of any good A/T tires that are quieter on the highway?

SalMeatballs

Reaction score
It's time for tire for my PW, i'm going with 35's due to being able to still use the spare tire location. I don't do much off roading with the truck so mud tire won't help me other then they will look good. Anyone know of any good A/T tires that are quieter on the highway?
I've repeatedly used the BFG T/A KO2 on my F250 SD & before that my mild offroad, daily driver K5 Blazer. They are not the best out there but for the price & overall functionality I love them. Being in NJ we rarely get massive amounts of snow (but they did well in the blizzards we did have over the last decade) & my farm is 15 miles from the nearest legit city (and 30 miles from Philly). They perform better in rain than the Pirellis that were OEM on my Lincoln & handle the mud when the horse paddocks are swamped out.
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually end up on my 2500

DrTron

Reaction score
I had the same requirements (well, minus the looks), but I went with Nitto Recon Grapplers in 35x12.5.
They're really a lot quieter than the stock duratracs, I would buy them again.
Only slight drawback is the AT profile (compared to regular street tires I had on my 1500) that traps the occasional pebble when driving on gravel roads. Back on the highway, those are then launched into the wheel wells.
But that's something that will happen with any AT tire, I guess.

RAMPO

Reaction score
I like the Falken wild peaks at3w. I have LT 315/70r17 the metric 35x12.50 they have worked good in snow, Ice, rain, sand, for an all around tire they do very good. They are three peak tires.

Attachments

• B73CEF4A-1070-4CD0-B519-CC8470335940.jpeg
    B73CEF4A-1070-4CD0-B519-CC8470335940.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 126
  • C59A990E-AC54-4CDD-BCCF-8B53883787AC.jpeg
    C59A990E-AC54-4CDD-BCCF-8B53883787AC.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 129
  • 388319AF-0D0A-4E88-A7F8-2E4B652043B8.jpeg
    388319AF-0D0A-4E88-A7F8-2E4B652043B8.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 128

DrTron

Reaction score
I like the Falken wild peaks at3w. I have LT 315/70r17 the metric 35x12.50 they have worked good in snow, Ice, rain, sand, for an all around tire they do very good. They are three peak tires.
Good point, the Nittos are not three-peak-tires. Not really an issue down here, but depending on where you live, that's certainly a factor.

Andersen24

Reaction score
37s stock wheels and stock height. So far no rubbing I can see but I'm sure they will rub off roading. Will keep an eye. Coopers are a nice ride so far and truck feels great. Might paint the bead lock plates black but not sure yet.View attachment 50754
So are you getting sway bar rub? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Thuren Suspension And I want to use my factory 17’s. It seems like it is 50/50 on people mentioning sway bar rub on the factory wheels. I want to keep my factory black 17’ with some of the new Toyo RT Trails. So what is the verdict for you?

UglyViking

Reaction score
So are you getting sway bar rub? I am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Thuren Suspension And I want to use my factory 17’s. It seems like it is 50/50 on people mentioning sway bar rub on the factory wheels. I want to keep my factory black 17’ with some of the new Toyo RT Trails. So what is the verdict for you?
For what it's worth, Thuren updated their swaybar within the past few years and it's now a high clearance version. According to Thuren it will clear 37x12.5 tires on factory wheels. You may get some rubbing on the radius arm, depending on tire choice, but the Thuren alien arms also should fix that.

Andersen24

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Thuren updated their swaybar within the past few years and it's now a high clearance version. According to Thuren it will clear 37x12.5 tires on factory wheels. You may get some rubbing on the radius arm, depending on tire choice, but the Thuren alien arms also should fix that.
Awesome, thank you for that @UglyViking! Guess there is only one way to find out…..install the Thuren lift, throw on some 37’s and go see what happens!

Andersen24

Reaction score
PLOT TWIST! So Discount Tire Direct contacted me telling me they only had two tires in stock and the other two would be about three weeks away. I initially told them that was fine, but the guy told me, “Well we don’t want to keep you waiting, so if you would like, I can price match a set of BFG KM3’s for the same price. SO - now I am getting a set of KM3’s for about $45 dollars LESS ($1455.96) than what I paid for the Toyo M/T’s. Guess I better hurry up and order my Thuren suspension!
58572347-E4C8-4570-BABA-4DBC85CD5AFE.png

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
I got the Toyo Open Country RT Trails! Throwing all 5 on was a workout but so worth it! Tire noise wise I would say they are about the same as the Duratracs, maybe just a hair quieter. Ride quality though is very noticeably improved! Haven't had a chance to test them offroad but hopefully will get that chance in the next couple weekends.

20230304_152617_resize.jpg

20230304_152640_resize.jpg

20230304_152650_resize.jpg

20230305_135736_resize.jpg

20230305_135725_resize.jpg

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Also I thought y'all might want to know about how the spare tire fit... to put it lightly it was very tight going in. I had to remove the heat shield, and initially planned to cut it at the top (as I had seen others on here do) so it could go back in, but once the spare was up there I realized there was no way it was going back in. I got it clear of the track bar by a bit over an inch, but it is up against the top of the back of the hitch.

20230305_135814_resize.jpg

20230305_135843_resize.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread