Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

bneslo1991

Reaction score
c840ae585dff64a0d3f0c520f2f9066a.jpg

Just wanted to throw this in as well! Been waiting a year to have a power wagon to put this bad boy on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mitts2

Reaction score
Finally was able to wrap the PW with 37s.

Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T
Wheels: AEV Salta 17"

Pic is a little dark so I'll try and get some better ones in the light.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpeg
    IMG_0327.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 149

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

UglyViking

Reaction score

Some dude wheelin a dually
Just an FYI, the dude wheeling the dually is Randy Reyes, owner of Randys Transmissions. Guy have that aisin hell, and damn if I don't find it impressive.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Finally shed the MT Baja Boss MT's. I had them on the factory wheel and they were not good for a daily driver. They were wearing unevenly, loud and road rough.

Only tire on my short list I could get was a Nitto Ridge Grappler. I took the opportunity to get some new wheels to stop the rubbing on the radius arm, mounted these on Method 704HD's. Thinking of removing the hub covers and just painting the hubs a dark gray / black. These do rub on the plastic when sharp turn and flexing a little.

DrTron

Reaction score
Finally shed the MT Baja Boss MT's. I had them on the factory wheel and they were not good for a daily driver. They were wearing unevenly, loud and road rough.
They are MT tires, after all. What did you expect?
(Very happy with my Nitto Recon Grapplers, btw. , so good choice)

Poolmonkey

Reaction score

Only tire on my short list I could get was a Nitto Ridge Grappler. I took the opportunity to get some new wheels to stop the rubbing on the radius arm, mounted these on Method 704HD's. Thinking of removing the hub covers and just painting the hubs a dark gray / black. These do rub on the plastic when sharp turn and flexing a little.

The last truck I had this MT unfriendly was a 78 Scout II.
I too put on some Ridge Grapplers recently and had a bit of wheel spin getting out of duck camp the other day no trailer, where there was none last year with the MTs while pulling out the travel trailer. Hopefully it will do it no drama with the axles locked…I still have the previous setup if needed for the season.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
The last truck I had this MT unfriendly was a 78 Scout II.
I too put on some Ridge Grapplers recently and had a bit of wheel spin getting out of duck camp the other day no trailer, where there was none last year with the MTs while pulling out the travel trailer. Hopefully it will do it no drama with the axles locked…I still have the previous setup if needed for the season.
My ridge grapplers suck in anything other than dry pavement.

I’m looking forward to trying the new Toyo open country r/t trail (different than the old rt) they only have about half of the sizes out with new sizes coming soon. Hopefully the timing lines up for the 37/12.50-18 size when I need tires

CCFE878C-9A13-44E4-BF64-EE7B71027699.jpeg

Poolmonkey

Reaction score

I’m looking forward to trying the new Toyo open country r/t trail (different than the old rt) they only have about half of the sizes out with new sizes coming soon. Hopefully the timing lines up for the 37/12.50-18 size when I need tires

View attachment 47622

yeah, I have seen your opinion of the Nittos on here before….“I just didn’t listen!” like Southpark.
Figured they will be nice traveling, they are and will keep those unruly muds for late season elk and whatever else that gets truly ugly. The trailer’s tongue weight will make them bite better outta camp hoping and those lockers if that isn’t enough. I have to pull her out ultimate slow so she can’t get enough momentum to roll.

UglyViking

Reaction score

View attachment 47622
Wonder how that is vs the old RT. The RT was horrible in basically every condition.

tchur1

Reaction score

View attachment 47622
Planning to pick this up as my next tire. Im very interested to hear initial reviews and feedback from actual users. The launch reviews seemed positive but I always take that with a grain of salt.

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
They are MT tires, after all. What did you expect?
(Very happy with my Nitto Recon Grapplers, btw. , so good choice)
For Starters, not to wear unevently. I had Maxxis Razr MT on my Avalance before this and put twice as many miles and they were still better that the Mickey Thompsons

These are the ones I really wanted, but no ETA for the 37x12.5 17's right now.

I'm hoping the ridge grapplers perform well enough for me; the Baja Boss's did great ... probably obviously but sucked on dry pavement. These are much better on pavement. I'm hoping to take it out camping in December; so might get to test them out there. My Brother-In-Law has them on his Wrangler Unlimited and they had no issues he said up in Colorado this summer /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread