Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Aykillah

Reaction score
I’ve searched but is anyone running a 35x10.5 on their wagon? Any drawbacks to running this slim of a tire?

Aykillah

Reaction score
I don’t have a pw but I’m running 35/11.25 metric 285/75-18 I see no drawback. I prefer a skinnier tire over a wider tire.
So no issues airing down to rock crawl or anything weird? I know there will be less contact patch than a regular 12.5 wide tire but wasn’t sure if too skinny was a thing.

Aykillah

Reaction score
I don’t wheel my ram like that but I haven’t had issues with pizza cutters on other rigs
Gotcha. I’m not doing anything super crazy, just don’t want to order new tires get out there and they don’t grip well as they’re narrower. I may just give them a shot and see what happens.

areuriding

Reaction score
So just to clarify, if I run the Carli Pin Top set up with KMC 17" wheels +18 offset and 37x12.50 17 I won't have any rubbing??

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
They are made in Finland. They are outstanding snow/ice tires. Mine are studded and as others have said, they are like cheating. Highly recommend them.
Just for giggles what did you pay? They are $500 a pop Canadian before install. :eek:

areuriding

Reaction score
Have you performed the calculations to see how your scrub radius will be impacted?
No, my calculations were based off CJC Offroad recommendations and I'm trusting the expertise they must have. I'm sure there must be someone with that same set up that has the answer. Kind of like getting a second opinion is all.

PMC

Reaction score
So just to clarify, if I run the Carli Pin Top set up with KMC 17" wheels +18 offset and 37x12.50 17 I won't have any rubbing??
Whatever rub you get will be very very minor, you can trim but you don’t need to. you will not rub on the control arms.
I‘m running the pin top with AEV wheels and I’m not going to trim. Thought I would but it’s really not an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread