Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installed a Pulsar on my 2019

Firebird

Reaction score
Installed the Pulsar a few hundred miles ago, and so far I like it. Currently running performance tune with MDS disabled. It doesn't add monster power, but it added enough that I had to dial my Pedal Commander down. Truck feels great, pulls well, and drivability is really, really good! Overall, I'm quite pleased with it.

MrHankbot

Reaction score
Can't be upset with that.

You say 2019, any more details on the truck you put it on?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Installed the Pulsar a few hundred miles ago, and so far I like it. Currently running performance tune with MDS disabled. It doesn't add monster power, but it added enough that I had to dial my Pedal Commander down. Truck feels great, pulls well, and drivability is really, really good! Overall, I'm quite pleased with it.

Just curious, but why do you still have pedal commander installed w/ Pulsar? Doesn’t Pulsar have a throttle response adjuster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
Just curious, but why do you still have pedal commander installed w/ Pulsar? Doesn’t Pulsar have a throttle response adjuster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is still installed, but I did dial it down.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
So you added an electronic throttle device to piggyback another electronic throttle response device?

Firebird

Reaction score
So you added an electronic throttle device to piggyback another electronic throttle response device?
No, already had the Pedal Commander, so just dialed it back after Pulsar installed. They seem to complement each other

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I’m more interested in what features does this provide in addition to MDS disable.

My truck isn’t a performance machine and reliability is more important than power, it does what it’s asked to do.

Firebird

Reaction score
I’m more interested in what features does this provide in addition to MDS disable.

My truck isn’t a performance machine and reliability is more important than power, it does what it’s asked to do.
I know it can change tire size, and axle ratios, as well as reading DTC’s

Squatch

Reaction score
The website says up to 30 hp and 30 lb/ft torque increase, timing advance, etc. increased mile per gallon. You notice any of that?

Firebird

Reaction score
The website says up to 30 hp and 30 lb/ft torque increase, timing advance, etc. increased mile per gallon. You notice any of that?
Power is definitely increased, more responsive too. I have only done one economy check, a week ago, and my hwy economy went up .7 mpg, will see how it does towing next month

Firebird

Reaction score
Did a 200 mile trip today, and the truck ran perfect! As an experiment, I set the Pulsar back to stock while driving. You quickly get used to a tuner, and sometimes wonder if it is really doing much. Well, boy howdy, is there ever a difference! I could really tell it was back to stock, put it back on performance MDS off, and the power was back!

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Unless he runs a dyno not sure how you'd quantify the increase...

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Congrats OP. Sounds like a mod that produced results. :cool:

sshafer

Reaction score
I installed mine two weeks ago, I can tell a big difference between stock and performance/towing. I have tried all the different tunes and am using the economy setting right now, I get about 1.5 more mpg and unless I am towing I will keep it there.

Users who are viewing this thread