Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Industrial Injection CP3 pump and installation and follow on use!

Squatch

Reaction score

Cummins3

Reaction score
Nordic let us know how that creaper works out I'm also in market for one but domt want a pos

ianacole

Reaction score
Nordic let us know how that creaper works out I'm also in market for one but domt want a pos
It's not particularly comfortable (not that any of these are), and it when collapsed it isn't super easy to maneuver around, but it is well built, and holds my 240LBs while dangling over my MRR soldering track. This is the Micro-Mark version: https://www.micromark.com/Topside-Creeper-Step-Ladder-Support-System. Currently on sale for $270, you can sign up for emails and get an instant 10% off. They will sometime do a 25% sale, but not sure I've ever seen this that discounted, although I stopped checking on it once I got mine.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Morning gents. Gonna kick this off in the next hour or so. Hope it’s a smooth install. I’ll keep you guys updated on my progress, roadblocks and tricks if I have any along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dslbrnr

Reaction score
Awesome, take your time and enjoy the wrenching.
I'm sure it will go smooth

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Morning gents. Gonna kick this off in the next hour or so. Hope it’s a smooth install. I’ll keep you guys updated on my progress, roadblocks and tricks if I have any along the way.

Are you done yet?

;) :)

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Pink isn’t even out of the truck yet haha but I’m close

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Today kicked my butt gents. I got to the point of installing the new pump. Realizing I missed a step 4 steps back.
I ended up nicking up the adapter plate pretty good but what has me concerned is the adapter plate mounting holes to match the direction where the CP3 should be clocked. Needless to say I probably have something backwards but it’s locktite in right now so tomorrow will be fun. At least I used the blue stuff.
So the truck sits over night. I am tired and a little knocked down haha but let’s hope I can bust those loose and get it finished tomorrow.

I need to mount the pump, run the high pressure fuel lines and plug it in / connect the ECM and batteries. I have a good 3-4 hours left at my pace.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Today kicked my butt gents. I got to the point of installing the new pump. Realizing I missed a step 4 steps back.
I ended up nicking up the adapter plate pretty good but what has me concerned is the adapter plate mounting holes to match the direction where the CP3 should be clocked. Needless to say I probably have something backwards but it’s locktite in right now so tomorrow will be fun. At least I used the blue stuff.
So the truck sits over night. I am tired and a little knocked down haha but let’s hope I can bust those loose and get it finished tomorrow.

I need to mount the pump, run the high pressure fuel lines and plug it in / connect the ECM and batteries. I have a good 3-4 hours left at my pace.

Blue loctite is effortless to break free

NordicNevs

Reaction score
I’m glad to know that now haha.
It has been a great smooth day until this evening. Their instructions could be better, or well I could understand them better.
It’s a tight fit and the thing that takes the time is manipulating the tools and such.
Pretty beat tired but I have to get it done now.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’m glad to know that now haha.
It has been a great smooth day until this evening. Their instructions could be better, or well I could understand them better.
It’s a tight fit and the thing that takes the time is manipulating the tools and such.
Pretty beat tired but I have to get it done now.

The instructions are very straight forward depending on your skill level..... from what i see on the instructions and looking at the truck it should only be about 3-4 hrs round trip if your experienced wrenching.... you wont have to worry about the adapter plate marked up or not it does not make a difference aslong as the bore where the pump goes in is not beat up to cut the o ring (if it is you can clean it up with emerycloth) you will be fine

Users who are viewing this thread